Best time of year to book cruises?

sunny2runner

We booked our April 9th sailing of the Royal Princess - 10 day Caribbean early last fall. I think late September.

We were looking at the same cruise next year and there is a huge price difference ($1,500-2,000) from what we paid and the 2018 sailing for the same category room.

We have been watching the price for the past 2-3 months and no drop at all. I am wondering if they drop the rates in the fall.

What I have found for cruises we book, best prices have been when the itinerary is released. You get cabin you want and I've found it to be the best prices.
Absolutely. The best time is to book when bookings open. Often, prices go up and then they may go on "sale." I've seen this time after time... the "sale" price is higher than when I booked.

I agree. Most times we book over a year out, maybe more.

Many times we have been lucky to grab a price drop. ;)

So true!! I forgot to say we always check for price drops too!! Sometimes we luck out and sometimes it's the same price the whole time but we booked the cruise we wanted, in the cabin we wanted, at a price we were comfortable paying [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no one best time to purchase a cruise. If there was, the cruise lines would figure it out, and raise the prices then. Or they would shut down their sales departments, except for that "best" time.

I feel the same way because there are so many factors that it varies on when is the best time to book a cruise.

If it's a cruise that I definitely want to sail then I'd book well in advance & watch for price reductions. Although with popular limited availability itineraries prices generally remain higher particularly on the ones I've priced on the Pacific Princess.

Being retired & willing to book after final payment there are some great deals & using EZair flights can make it affordable for me.

Edited by Astro Flyer

As soon as a cruise you have been waiting for appears, through a TA that you have faith in to see you right if there is a price drop and there "often" is. A good TA is worth his/her weight in gold; find one and keep him/her.

We booked our April 9th sailing of the Royal Princess - 10 day Caribbean early last fall. I think late September.

We were looking at the same cruise next year and there is a huge price difference ($1,500-2,000) from what we paid and the 2018 sailing for the same category room.

We have been watching the price for the past 2-3 months and no drop at all. I am wondering if they drop the rates in the fall.

The drops often depend on how well a particular cruise is selling. We book when we are ready to book, select our cabins, then I watch prices and if there is a big drop, I contact my TA and luckily so far, she's always been able to refare and keep our choosen cabins.

I've noticed prices usually go up right before a big sale is announced! :rolleyes: