are seapasses on door stolen?

i'm assuming the answer is no but i am just curious. upon reading that royal does not give you a card at the port, i thought it very strange that they leave it outside your door. but i guess even if someone steals it and rings stuff up , you wouldnt be responsible for the charges.

so can someone tell me why they dont give you a card on the dock? it has to be purely to save time id think. even 30 seconds times 4000 is a lot of time (it's friday and i dont do math on friday)

i'm assuming the answer is no but i am just curious. upon reading that royal does not give you a card at the port, i thought it very strange that they leave it outside your door. but i guess even if someone steals it and rings stuff up , you wouldnt be responsible for the charges.

so can someone tell me why they dont give you a card on the dock? it has to be purely to save time id think. even 30 seconds times 4000 is a lot of time (it's friday and i dont do math on friday)

Never heard of this

Your picture that you uploaded or had taken at the pier is also linked to your Seapass card. When you make a purchase your photo appears, if your card was stolen whomever stole it would not be able to use it.

Your picture that you uploaded or had taken at the pier is also linked to your Seapass card. When you make a purchase your photo appears, if your card was stolen whomever stole it would not be able to use it.

so even restaurants/gift shops/bars etc all see your pic?

iv'e personally see dis/embark computers at port and our pics on the screen. so knew that. just didnt know if waiters etc all see that.

How do you get past security entering the ship without the seapass card?

the only 2 times i sailed there was zero security at the door. matter of fact i was very disappointed on my december sailing on NCL to find only a solo woman inside the breakaway's gangway entrance saying welcome..no party atmosphere at all.

the october sailing was warmer and more people outside dancing and stuff.

Royal has been using this process on certain ships since November of 2014.

I have not read one report of a card getting stolen.

now if we could just enforce manners at the buffet, we would have world peace too

In theory, that is the process, in actuality, both times we have sailed anthem, the computer systems were not up at boarding. If you make a purchase before the systems are up, they write down your cabin number and process the charge later.

so even restaurants/gift shops/bars etc all see your pic?

iv'e personally see dis/embark computers at port and our pics on the screen. so knew that. just didnt know if waiters etc all see that.

Yep - was on Freedom last week and the hot drinks line at the Promenade Cafe queues up behind the register. When I ordered my hot chocolate and the barista swiped my seapass, a photo of the coolest guy ever popped up on her screen... :)

the only 2 times i sailed there was zero security at the door. matter of fact i was very disappointed on my december sailing on NCL to find only a solo woman inside the breakaway's gangway entrance saying welcome..no party atmosphere at all.

the october sailing was warmer and more people outside dancing and stuff.

You do realize this is a Royal Caribbean board don't you?

Yep - was on Freedom last week and the hot drinks line at the Promenade Cafe queues up behind the register. When I ordered my hot chocolate and the barista swiped my seapass, a photo of the coolest guy ever popped up on her screen... :)

Oh so you're the one that stole my card then? Shame. ;)

So how do you buy a drink by the pool if you don't have your SeaPass card yet? Can you use your Set Sail card?

They can scan your set sail pass if the system is up. They will right down your cabin number if it isn't. We also had a bartender look at our set sail passes, go to the list and just stand there and then said all set. We were never charged for those drinks.

are you saying i cannot talk about another cruise line on this board?

It does help if the post is relevant to the conversation.

We sailed on Anthem last April and never heard of anyone having any issues with seapasses being stolen. The paper seapass you are given is stamped to allow you to board and it's why each person requires one on those ships. And, they work as your seapass until you have one as others have said.

It does help if the post is relevant to the conversation.

We sailed on Anthem last April and never heard of anyone having any issues with seapasses being stolen. The paper seapass you are given is stamped to allow you to board and it's why each person requires one on those ships. And, they work as your seapass until you have one as others have said.

i would say comparing cruise lines on a thread that i started is well within the bounds of any purported decorum on this forum. so it's very relevant. unsure why you determined what i said on my own thread is not. i didnt go into someone elses thread and crap on it.