Our Arabian Adventure onboard MSC Fantasia - 4th - 11th March 2017

peteukmcr

After lunch, too hot for us, we headed back but I was asked for my feedback on the facilities by a gentleman, the staff and overall impression of the island as he said he was from the Abu Dhabi government. He wanted suggestions on ways to improve.

The only other thing I did, which may annoy some, but rules are rules, is that I reported some people in a cabin below us (remember our balcony can overlook others) for smoking. They've been doing all, knowing it's banned as they try and hide it when I'm looking out, and I admit having a glance to see if they are. My reason for reporting them is that they are brazenly leaving an ashtray on the balcony, so for safety I've reported them because it would only take 1 cigarette not extinguished properly, carelessly discarded in the ashtray to start a fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough the rules are there for a reason and i'd hate it if the my balcony was smelling of smoke.

Have you any more information on the themed evenings after your last post?

Fair enough the rules are there for a reason and i'd hate it if the my balcony was smelling of smoke.

Have you any more information on the themed evenings after your last post?

I think I included last night, if not it was Gala and tonight is casual, not seen the daily program for tomorrow's yet.

Must say those wearing formal during last nights Gala were in the minority compared to the first 2 nights earlier.

I think I included last night, if not it was Gala and tonight is casual, not seen the daily program for tomorrow's yet.

Must say those wearing formal during last nights Gala were in the minority compared to the first 2 nights earlier.

Years ago I brought a tux for my first couple cruises and found myself in a distinct minority. Since then it's just a dark or light suit, depending on the season. I believe the Brits are the only ones wearing formal nowadays and even then not too many. When you have to consider weight limitations for air travel it pays to go light.

p.s. You're giving us a fantastic review Pete, thanks.

CC ......... I can't agree that it's only British who dress for formal nights. I've seen many from other nationalities who make the effort - including my own! As for weight restrictions on airlines: that's such a copout. DH's suitcase never comes near the allowance and he brings shirts & trousers for every night plus a jacket as well as a dinner suit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

CC ......... I can't agree that it's only British who dress for formal nights. I've seen many from other nationalities who make the effort - including my own! As for weight restrictions on airlines: that's such a copout. DH's suitcase never comes near the allowance and he brings shirts & trousers for every night plus a jacket as well as a dinner suit.

I must say I agree about several nationalities as seen on MSC who do dress formally. And the weight limit isn't an issue as we bring black trousers to wear each night with shirts and are never over the limit. I don't want to start an argument here as this is review so can we please leave it here?

Thank you very much for a lovely review with great photos from your cruise. Very interesting to read your review as we are in the planning process of a similar cruise next winter from Dubai. We sailed to Muscat back in 2012 on the RCI Brilliance Of The Seas and loved it. But the Gulf Route to Doha and Bahrain also looks very interesting. Next year the MSC Splendida will sail there and that's the only Fantasia Class we haven't sail yet. Enjoy the rest of your cruise :)

Years ago I brought a tux for my first couple cruises and found myself in a distinct minority. Since then it's just a dark or light suit, depending on the season. I believe the Brits are the only ones wearing formal nowadays and even then not too many. When you have to consider weight limitations for air travel it pays to go light.

p.s. You're giving us a fantastic review Pete, thanks.

Love dressing up in formal gear and going dancing....it's part of cruising for us. Would rather be over dressed than under dressed

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

Always room for evening wear....so looking forward to the formal evenings on board

I must say I agree about several nationalities as seen on MSC who do dress formally. And the weight limit isn't an issue as we bring black trousers to wear each night with shirts and are never over the limit. I don't want to start an argument here as this is review so can we please leave it here?

Just opinions and all are different , 'your cruise , your way' is a good attitude to have

Completely agree about not getting into an argument. I would just point out that some nationalities dont see getting dressed up as a tux, the europeans look fab in casual clothes and know that compared to us trussed up like turkeys, im sure they feel more relaxed lol

I think if someone is enjoying themselves and not impinging on you then thats for them

Sorry I'm very remiss of not thanking all of you who have said many thanks for my review. Too many to mention, but thank you for your kind words. I just do this to hopefully help fellow cruise addicts (because I think that's what we are!) with info.

We attended the Michael Jackson tribute show tonight 'skywalker' and it was good and a bit emotional to be honest to realise what a talent we lost.

Dinner was ok, but not the best of the week, conversation and drink flowed well, so that's good for me.

Loads of photos of the ship today but I think it'll have to wait until I get home to post them.

Anyway here's tonight's cocktails

Mango Tropical Trooper (in the background) and a Purple Rain

63d250f78ffddb2399d05e26b6a14f5e.jpg

Pete. Amazingly useful review! Can you tell us if the sand on sir bani yas is rough? I had read that in a review but we don't have water shoes! Thanks again, Ken.

Yes it is rough, looks more like crushed shells

Final Day - Dubai

We arrived around 8 am and could see the QE2 with the Burj Khalifa visible through the haze behind.

e9a5bb0f4c7c148652a86b071b1b9a52.jpg

Then off to Burj Al Arab, Jumierah beach and Atlantis on the Palm. Then onto Burj Khalifa so more updates later.

e8b448ceea5d5f09d5a8ac04276911c0.jpg

6d9f790a02a50295cc1f60319865ed3e.jpg

84e288aa72fa8e6809d66f3b7f795e71.jpg

So we got back at 2 pm, grabbed some lunch and then packed. We've got a 3:30 am meeting time in the theatre for a 4:00 am departure for the airport for our flight back to Manchester which is due to depart at 07:25 am. Ugh

Unfortunately our bags have to be ready for collection no later than 23:00 tonight! Now that's going to be a hard one as dinner isn't until 21:15 and we rarely finish by 23:15! Have to be a faster one tonight.

Our passports haven't been returned yet, but are to be delivered to the cabin this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So we got back at 2 pm, grabbed some lunch and then packed. We've got a 3:30 am meeting time in the theatre for a 4:00 am departure for the airport for our flight back to Manchester which is due to depart at 07:25 am. Ugh

Unfortunately our bags have to be ready for collection no later than 23:00 tonight! Now that's going to be a hard one as dinner isn't until 21:15 and we rarely finish by 23:15! Have to be a faster one tonight.

Our passports haven't been returned yet, but are to be delivered to the cabin this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gosh what awful flight times. I thought ours was early at 10.45am from Abu Dhabi (for Manchester)