Solar Eclipse : A pictorial review of the Exotic Southern Caribbean

scubacruiserx2

You really got to see a lot of Aruba in the 2 days you spent there, both under the water, and above it!

I have to say that my knees hurt at the thought of climbing those rocks. I would be fine going up the rocks, but not so fine coming back down! :eek:

Aruba does look beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person. :D

It was really nice to have 2 days and a overnight there which left us time to tour . Pat also had trouble descending after her surgery , but it got better with time . The steps on the down side were steep ! And while I love photos there is not substitute for being there in person . :) :D

Wow, they have come out awesomely. with the various lights.

Thank you Mic but I was getting too comfortable with changing many of the settings on my camera instinctively - and not relying on using my reading glasses to observe the proper setting . And with the blinding morning sunrise I made a wrong setting !

IMG_0150_zpsub7rpqm0.jpg

IMG_0155_zpsviiaegwp.jpg

IMG_0169_zpsfaqudqod.jpg

IMG_0176_zpsi4dzeebt.jpg

Blinded by the light !

IMG_0186_zpsn1438oxn.jpg

This is another reflection photo . I took this photo facing aft with the sun at my back . There is a glass pane there which I shot the photo through facing aft , but the sunrise was reflected by the glass and captured in the photo.

IMG_0195_zps5mb3bhgu.jpg

I had an interesting observation when looking at the menus you just posted.

We ate in Blu and were on the previous cruise also.

On that first cruise we had branzino one night on the dinner menu and it was delicious.

About halfway through this cruise I asked when it would be on the dinner menu and was told they hadn't been able to get it from the supplier.

:(

Sadly the gym which sponsored the risque ad that was seen earlier in this thread was the location of shooting which killed 1 and left 2 others shot today in Miami .

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/coral-gables/article143519519.html

5a8b9f22-ac0c-46bb-8d9d-f37ec96df43d_zpsfwm4gryy.jpg

Our thoughts , prayers and sympathy go out to all of those affected by this incident . <|3 <|3

I had an interesting observation when looking at the menus you just posted.

We ate in Blu and were on the previous cruise also.

On that first cruise we had branzino one night on the dinner menu and it was delicious.

About halfway through this cruise I asked when it would be on the dinner menu and was told they hadn't been able to get it from the supplier.

:(

They did have it , and it was recommended by the server , but we had our minds on flying fish the next day in Barbados , and so we passed on it .

Sadly the gym which sponsored the risque ad that was seen earlier in this thread was the location of shooting which killed 1 and left 2 others shot today in Miami .

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/coral-gables/article143519519.html

Our thoughts , prayers and sympathy go out to all of those affected by this incident . <|3 <|3

It just reminds me that anything can happen no matter where you are, go out and live your life for we do not know what is around the corner. Thoughts go to the people concerned in Miami.

I suppose sometimes the wrong settings still produce an very interesting photo.

Well thanks Mic but the setting that I knocked off was the photo size and quality . It went from 5472 X 3648 pixels to 720 X 480 pixels . In the playback screen it looked to be the same size and so I didn't notice it until later but the quality and photo size had been reduced . :eek:

It just reminds me that anything can happen no matter where you are, go out and live your life for we do not know what is around the corner. Thoughts go to the people concerned in Miami.

We used to see these things a lot in my job , but we never got used to it . And we were amazed at how many times the media in a rush to get the news out , misreported the facts . Unfortunately , unless you were there , you are limited only to their interpretation of the story .

5a8b9f22-ac0c-46bb-8d9d-f37ec96df43d_zpsfwm4gryy.jpg

I saw the story about that shooting earlier today on our local news, but didn't realize at the time it was the gym in your pictures. Now I know why it looked so familiar. So very sad......

On a happier note, your sunset pictures are beautiful! :D

I saw the story about that shooting earlier today on our local news, but didn't realize at the time it was the gym in your pictures. Now I know why it looked so familiar. So very sad......

On a happier note, your sunset pictures are beautiful! :D

On the good note , we're glad that you enjoyed them . :cool:

Things have been very chaotic today as we found a suite deal on a cruise to Alaska in less than 3 weeks ! We're excited about our first visit there and here's our ship leaving Port Everglades for Alaska .

Good score, I haven't cruised HAL but have done an Alaska cruise and it was wonderful. I am sure you will have a ball and may even be able to organise a dive if you really wanted to.

Good score, I haven't cruised HAL but have done an Alaska cruise and it was wonderful. I am sure you will have a ball and may even be able to organise a dive if you really wanted to.

Strangely enough they do have a snorkeling tour ! :eek: :eek:

lol very funny but also very true. We walked around the old town, we were going to do a float plane to the Misty Fiords but the weather was bad.

We went on a tour to the Salmon Leep, which was disappointing as it was out of season(July)

We then went to Creek street ( wooden houses and bridge) where we saw the 'Ladies' inviting you inside Dollys.

http://www.experienceketchikan.com/creek-street-ketchikan.html

Creek Street

4d41cd01b295e82233e33332695c797c.jpg

We saw plenty of eagles near this lake.

ce176aed3856db0492e5be767ad357c3.jpg

Totem Park

59ab9ed4ef067f37f4be4f8ffa39e327.jpg

Edited by upwarduk

In Skagway we did the trip on the Whitehorse Pass railway. There we saw a brown bear, which apparently was unusual, according to the commentator.

Joe & Pat,

Looks like you will be cruising before us, we leave Southampton on 13/05/17. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPad using Forums