Waitlist for Requested Table Size

CruiseNut24

Has anybody had recent luck getting the traditional dinning table size requested . booked cruise via a TA and requested table for 4. Checking personalizer, it is showing we are #117 on the waitlist. Cruise is not until September 2017. so was wondering what the changes are of getting a table for 4. We got the dinning time requested, but waitlist for table size.

Thanks for any information

I was wait listed for TD and was #126 and now I am #1. Yeah! I think by the time your cruise come around you will get the table size you want. When we have cruised with others we booked all the cabins on one booking and was guaranteed we all sat together. When we travel alone we do not indicate the table size as we really don't care who joins our table. The more the merrier as far as we are concerned. I hope you get your request.

Has anybody had recent luck getting the traditional dinning table size requested . booked cruise via a TA and requested table for 4. Checking personalizer, it is showing we are #117 on the waitlist. Cruise is not until September 2017. so was wondering what the changes are of getting a table for 4. We got the dinning time requested, but waitlist for table size.

Yes, I think you will be OK. Your cruise is still months away. More than likely you will get what you've requested. If by any chance you don't (which I don't think will be the case) you can see the maitre d when you board and take care of it then.

If you don't clear just see the MD on embarkation day at the time/place listed in the Patter. He will take care of your request. The meeting place is usually in one of the DR's between 2pm and 3:30pm.

We are currently "confirmed" for and "waitlisted" for 6pm early dining and cruise in less than 3 weeks. We started at waitlist number 35 (we booked in April 2016) and dropped to 9 and currently we are 96. Not sure why our number keeps going up. Guess time will tell. :)

Sent from my D6708 using Forums mobile app

Your position on the wait list is for the particular time of traditional seating you signed up for. It has nothing to do with table size, which is only ever a request and is never actually confirmed before boarding.

Edited by fishywood

Your position on the wait list is for the particular time of traditional seating you signed up for. It has nothing to do with table size, which is only ever a request and is never actually confirmed before boarding.

100% correct.

The actual assignments to tables are done a couple of days before the cruise by the onboard dining room Maitre d' and headwaiters.

I have been "confirmed" for 5:45 dining and then, once I boarded, I had 5:15 dining. N...E...V...E...R... again. It is too freaking early. If they pull that again I will have a cow. On our next cruise we are "confirmed" for 6:00 PM traditional dining. I darn well want that time and not 5:15.

I have been "confirmed" for 5:45 dining and then, once I boarded, I had 5:15 dining. N...E...V...E...R... again. It is too freaking early. If they pull that again I will have a cow. On our next cruise we are "confirmed" for 6:00 PM traditional dining. I darn well want that time and not 5:15.

We usually do Anytime, but this last 15 day cruise with lots of sea days we thought we would try Traditional. Though confirmed for 6:00pm the dining times were changed when we got onboard. Early (6p) was actually 5:30p and late (8p) was 7:30p. We ended up eating in specialty restaurants several nights at 630p and casually up on deck a few nights, using our table in the dining room only about half of the time (530 just seemed a tad early, 730 a little too late, 6-7 is perfect). We offered to give our traditional table up completely, but the Maitre d said it wasn't needed. Seems it is not uncommon for them to alter traditional times by about 30 minutes from what is on the personalizer. While we did enjoy having the same waiters, we decided that Anytime dining suits us better and will go back to that on our next cruise.

Regarding the waitlist #, my understanding is that if it says "confirmed" you are confirmed for that seating (though the exact time may differ). The waitlist number just tells you how many people are still waiting to be confirmed.

It shows on my personalizer, (first screen) the my time is confirmed, but when you look at the dining it indicates:

6:00 PM Dining Requested

6:00 PM Dining Confirmed

Then you click on the time and you go to another screen where it says the same at top , but when you look at Dinning Preferences, it shows 6:00 PM waitlist # 117. That is why I am confused - is it waitlist of time or table size. Not going to sweat it, as do not mind time or table size, but was trying to figure out how to tell if I got what I requested.

Thanks for all responses and you time.

It shows on my personalizer, (first screen) the my time is confirmed, but when you look at the dining it indicates:

6:00 PM Dining Requested

6:00 PM Dining Confirmed

Then you click on the time and you go to another screen where it says the same at top , but when you look at Dinning Preferences, it shows 6:00 PM waitlist # 117. That is why I am confused - is it waitlist of time or table size. Not going to sweat it, as do not mind time or table size, but was trying to figure out how to tell if I got what I requested.

Thanks for all responses and you time.

When you are in the personalizer and if you go back to the dining time selection screen the status is what you would be if you selected that option then. A new selection erases current position and status. So based upon what you have said you have selected 6pm and have gotten confirmed for that time. Table size is never guaranteed and as others have indicated is not determined until a day pr two before the cruise starts. If you were to reselect the 6pm dining time now your confirmed position would be gone and you would be 117 in the wait list. That information is given in the selection process so people would have some idea on their chances to get what they are selecting.

Like RDC1 said above.

Once you are on board you will see your table number, dining room and time on your cruise card. You can then go to the dining room and look for the table #, or see the maitre d to verify table size. If it is not to your liking he may be able to change you, or you can switch to anytime. There is no way to verify this before you board.

Last October we were confirmed for 6pm. When we boarded our boarding card said 5:30pm dining. Saw the Maitre d' who said there was no 6pm time slot but we could arrive at 5:45pm. Turned out if we wanted a decent seat in the Princess Theater for an 8pm show, we had to get there by 7:15 or 7:30. This April we're also confirmed for 6pm. Since there will be no new shows, I'll try for that 6pm time slot. Very frustrating. I'd like to go back to Anytime dining but waiting in line for dinner would be more frustrating,

Usually early traditional occurs at two times. The dining room in the back of the ship (traditional early and late) is usually at 6pm and the dining room in the middle on deck 6 (traditional early and anytime late) is usually at 5:30. I have seen on recent cruises that there is a tendency for the dining times to get pushed a bit earlier then listed times on some cruises. The 6 pm dining room usually fills up first and the over flow gets pushed into the 5:30 dining room. If you want to get to the early shows and get a seat you pretty much have to be in the 5:30 dining time.

We are actually showing confirmed for both 6pm and 5:30pm. Today 6pm shows waitlisted #99 and 5:30 shows waitlisted #55. The number changes every few days, usually going up not down.

We are actually thinking about switching to anytime because as it looks now we will probably be placed in the 5:30 time slot and that just feels a little too early for us.

Wondering if we should just switch now or wait till we get on the ship? We have only switched dining times after boarding once and that didn't turn out too well for us. A little undecided what we want to do.

IMO. wait until you're on board and see what time you get for traditional dining. You can easily switch to anytime at any point during your cruise.

Thanks. I think that's a good idea. Maybe we will get lucky. I'll just keep watching the waitlist numbers go up and down and back up again for the next 2 weeks. Lol.

When you are in the personalizer and if you go back to the dining time selection screen the status is what you would be if you selected that option then. A new selection erases current position and status. So based upon what you have said you have selected 6pm and have gotten confirmed for that time. Table size is never guaranteed and as others have indicated is not determined until a day pr two before the cruise starts. If you were to reselect the 6pm dining time now your confirmed position would be gone and you would be 117 in the wait list. That information is given in the selection process so people would have some idea on their chances to get what they are selecting.

I just want to clarify what I think you are stating here. We are currently confirmed for 6pm. When I click on that "button" it says "Waitlist 75". That is not OUR current ranking, but it would be if we (or anyone else) selected the 6pm option today. We are not on a waitlist, but confirmed. Correct?

I just want to clarify what I think you are stating here. We are currently confirmed for 6pm. When I click on that "button" it says "Waitlist 75". That is not OUR current ranking, but it would be if we (or anyone else) selected the 6pm option today. We are not on a waitlist, but confirmed. Correct?

Yes exactly.