How is the Crown Princess?

phonejock

We had a great 14n on the Crown in January! We had (an unexpected) 11 sea days...so alot of time was spent on board! She's a great ship, in good shape, with an awesome crew!

We were in D726, our steward, Irais, took great care of us. We had late trad dining in the Bottocelli DR, food was great, as usual, service was OK, we've had better. We used the HC a few times during the day - service there was better than we've ever had! Noticeably different!

Capt Lawes handled the ups & many, many downs of our cruise with such grace and professionalism.

For me, I love the Lotus Spa, Emily did a great job on my massages, kept me feeling great the whole trip! We even won a few Bingo games this cruise - woohoo! Have a great time!

Thanks for the information. We are on the April T/A and again to Norway in August. Seen lots of bad comments about Horizon Court. We only normally go there for breakfast so your comments are welcome.

We were on the Crown in early Feb. The cruise was certainly not up to the standards of our previous Sun Princess cruise.

MDR service was poor to mediocre with breakfast being the worst. The fruit was poor, as was the cheese selection. MDR food was variable. Communication was poor.

Cabin was in good condition, as was the rest of the ship. Cabin steward was excellent. Entertainment was average.

Thanks for the information. We are on the April T/A and again to Norway in August. Seen lots of bad comments about Horizon Court. We only normally go there for breakfast so your comments are welcome.

We are on the T/A too, cannot believe we are going so soon, unusually we have had this cruise booked for months.

Hopefully we will receive medical clearance in two days to travel and there will still be cabins available for either the TA to London or Hamburg. My question is, which side of the ship do they dock on?

IMHO It was dirty, service in MDR was Pisspoor, quit eating there. You get 2 pats of butter, ask for more and your food will be cold and no salt and pepper shakers. Food in Horizon was really good and you can order eggs anyway you want. Steak wasn't worth the upsell as it was only choice. We quit Princess. There's too much of the Califorinia attitude of I'm Elite. Almost no ones cares to know who you are as long as they think they are better. We did meet some nice people onboard.

IMHO It was dirty, service in MDR was Pisspoor, quit eating there. You get 2 pats of butter, ask for more and your food will be cold and no salt and pepper shakers. Food in Horizon was really good and you can order eggs anyway you want. Steak wasn't worth the upsell as it was only choice. We quit Princess. There's too much of the Califorinia attitude of I'm Elite. Almost no ones cares to know who you are as long as they think they are better. We did meet some nice people onboard.

I was on the same cruise plus the prior one for 31 days from early December to early January with my DH, sister and brother-in-law. I agree that we met wonderful fellow passengers on our roll call and the 15 different private excursions we organized but all I can say about the rest of these comments is that our experience was diametrically opposite. While our steward was rather lackluster (getting ready to retire after 37 years with Princess!), we had excellent wait staff in the MDR - the best ever - and in Adagios and Vines (we had the AIBP so spent more time in those latter 2 venues than usual :D). We never ate in the Horizon Court so I can't speak to the food there; rather we enjoyed breakfasts and lunches on sea days in the MDR or from room service and had no issues with service or food. I can't address the comment on "California attitude' because I don't understand it but we are elite and my sister and brother-in-law were gold and we're all from the east coast. :D We would sail again on the Crown.

Sorry, we are from California and we don't have an attitude. We are pretty nice people so why don't you get to know us before making such a blanket statement.

We were on the Crown in January and had a good time but it was just an average cruise as far as the ship goes. Nothing really stood out as outstanding or as really bad. We had a great time meeting people and enjoying the ports but would rate the ship as one of our less memorable cruises.

We took our third cruise on the Crown in early February (south America) unfortunately it was really disappointing. Ship looked tired and the staff seemed to match it. Definitely not up to previous standards. Service in main dining rooms was disappointing - only twice on whole 2.5 week cruise were we offered tea or coffee after our meal, none of the usual interaction with servers. Horizon Court was the worst I have ever known, food very much the same day after day, very little variation in choice. Organisation with tenders etc was a total nightmare - sat in dining room one day from 6.30 am., for just over 3 hours with no updates, news etc., to then be told our tour was cancelled due to a mix up with the tender service !!!!! no apologies, nothing. They ran out of lots of everyday food quite early on in the cruise and some nights in dining room you would choose 3 different bottles of wine before getting one they actually had. Only ever heard from the Captain when there was a problem and then he sounded bored ......perhaps this had filtered down to all the other Staff

Previously, we have loved the ship and have NEVER been disappointed with staff before but if this had been our first cruise with Princess it would of definitely been our last. We have booked Japan for next year when we will become Elite but are seriously considering our options at the moment . I sincerely hope this was a one off and that you enjoy your cruise on the Crown

Because I lived in California for 10 years. There I met Buffy Who's first sentence was, My name is Buffy, What kind of a car do you drive. Worked with an Aircraft Inspector who said 'I bought a Yellow Mustang Convertible, should I have bought a BMW or will people look at me. I said yes, on the 710 at 100 MPH with 10 lanes of traffic everyone will turn and look. Don't tell me about Californians, I dealt with them.