Night time entertainment/shows

maxydu

Will be cruising on Princess for the first time in December; specifically on the Crown Princess.

I'm trying to coordinate dinner seating time with that of evening show times.

Are the production shows offered twice with an early and late show? If so, what times?

Do the other entertainment venues have multiple shows?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Production shows are usually twice in the evenings. Times can vary. The other venues usually have rotating entertainment o each night will be different in program and time. Check your Patter nightly for the next days events. We schedule dining around events the night before. Always us Anytime Dining and have had few problems.

Thanks for the info......I was just reading a thread where everyone was complaining about Anytime Dining. Specifically,

how the wait for a table was excessive since they allow Anytime diners to make reservations as opposed to showing up.

I know; everyone has an opinion.......I'll have to learn the lay of the land just as I did for 13 Carnival cruises.

Another question......is smoking permitted by the pools? To be sure Not!......Just read where folks complained about

smoking around the Terrace pool............

Thanks for the info......I was just reading a thread where everyone was complaining about Anytime Dining. Specifically,

how the wait for a table was excessive since they allow Anytime diners to make reservations as opposed to showing up.

I know; everyone has an opinion.......I'll have to learn the lay of the land just as I did for 13 Carnival cruises.

Another question......is smoking permitted by the pools? To be sure Not!......Just read where folks complained about

Not everyone makes reservations at ATD. IMO, most may not even know they can. We go to ATD between 7:30 and 8:00 and ask for a table for 2, seldom do we have to wait.

No smoking by the pools.

There is a smoking area on the Horizon Terrace. Not right next to the pool, but up one level overlooking the pool.

The smoke smell drifts so much, we would avoid using the entrance to the buffet on that side.

One thing to consider about the production shows -- It's MUCH easier to find a seat at the late show. The early show seating is just about at capacity if you show up 20 minutes before it starts. I don't know if this varies among ships, but it was the case on the Royal recently.

No smoking by the pools.

Yes......

Terrace Pool as noted in post #6.

It's very close to the pool.

Maybe 20ft from the pool edge and about 6 ft up at the railing overlooking the pool.

Also the aft dipping pool on the Regal, smoking all around the pool.

One thing to consider about the production shows -- It's MUCH easier to find a seat at the late show. The early show seating is just about at capacity if you show up 20 minutes before it starts. I don't know if this varies among ships, but it was the case on the Royal recently.

Also depends if the production show is a repeat from previous cruises.

Thanks again for all the tips! After reading many threads I think the best match for us will be the traditional dining in

Dining Room B......We signed up for late traditional but prefer to eat around 7pm. So, as recommended, we will hit the

dining room that has early dining as the early folks are leaving. I have mobility issues so waiting on line for Anytime dining

could be a hardship. After dinner, head to the late production show and/or other late presentation.

As to the smoke near the Terrace pool, that's where the super soaker comes in; kidding of course!