Room service question

The info in red WRONG for many ships. I know the Oasis has a standard height table for the standard balcony cabins. I imagine other ships also have a standard height table.

OP - enjoy

I totally agree we eat the room service breakfast on the balcony table every morning.We normally have hot and cold items and i give the waiter 3-5 dollars daily.Does this new 7 dollars charge include gratuity i wonder? Does anyone know ?

Regards Graham

love sailing with RCCL

Is this serious?? giving chocolate is thoughtful and its in addition to her tip not in place of

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the process of training a pet. Give little treats and receive a task. They don't love the chocolate, it gets tossed in the garbage. Instead give an extra dollar! Would you like to get candy every time you do your job at work?

According to the RCI announcement, yes.

BTW, the charge is $8 (7.95 to be exact).

Thanks ,if tip is included for hot breakfast it makes me feel better that waiter gets rewarded and $7.95 not to bad just hope they give you a better choice of hot items.

love sailing with RCCL

The info in red WRONG for many ships. I know the Oasis has a standard height table for the standard balcony cabins. I imagine other ships also have a standard height table.

OP - enjoy

Yes that post was BS. There is plenty of room on standard balcony table - ours were full height on Explorer.

According to the RCI announcement, yes.

BTW, the charge is $8 (7.95 to be exact).

I was just going to ask this question. I still don't think $7.95 is worth it especially since there are so many other free offers available.

^ Like the food itself, value is a subjective thing.

It is so convenient and relaxing having room service breakfast as it saves rushing to get ready to join the havoc in WJ,or other venues for breakfast.Usually it is only me that eats the hot food as Pauline normally has the pastry's and fruit so hopefully the choice of hot food is going to be better so we can both have a hot breakfast and if they are charging $7.95 it should be a much bigger choice otherwise i will walk up to Park Cafe in my C&A bathrobe,lol.

love sailing with RCCL

Yes that post was BS. There is plenty of room on standard balcony table - ours were full height on Explorer.

We are a family of 5 and between the table in the room and the balcony table all our food. Extra dishes for Bacon and then a different plate for eggs, we were fine. The kids liked to sit on the floor and eat on towels but us adults ate on the balcony table.

Thanks everyone 🙂

Ok, so now there is going to be a charge of $7.95, am I right in thinking that is per order and not per person? I read that the tip is included in that? I know I could tip more if I want to.

We might do it a couple of times on sea days.

Thanks everyone 🙂

Ok, so now there is going to be a charge of $7.95, am I right in thinking that is per order and not per person? I read that the tip is included in that? I know I could tip more if I want to.

We might do it a couple of times on sea days.

Per order, tip included.

OP - enjoy

I've had more than my share of small tables. Our JS on Oasis was full sized, but it had a huge hump balcony

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

OP - enjoy

Our JS on Harmony had a low, small table with a big balcony. Not sure about regular balcony but Boardwalk & Central Park balconies had taller, bigger table. :confused:

Our JS on Harmony had a low, small table with a big balcony. Not sure about regular balcony but Boardwalk & Central Park balconies had taller, bigger table. :confused:

Our midships deck 8 balconies on Allure and Harmony (3 times) were perfect hight and size for the 2 of us and we have breakfast on the balcony everyday.

love sailing with RCCL

The email I got said the $7.95 included gratuity...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's good if it includes tip but TBH i hope the hot choice is a lot better than the current offering for breakfast.

love sailing with RCCL

The menu on the Grandeur was on the TV. There was also a "hanger" menu for breakfast in the cabin. As far as the tip, I usually tip several $'s per order. I also take lots of chocolate candy (bite sized) and hand out little bags of it along with the $'s. They seem to love the chocolate more than the tip......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love this idea. I will certainly take some onboard with me on our next cruise. Very thoughtful of you.

Funny how we all had chocolate left for us on a night time.

TBF on room service,they are in and out so quickly with breakfast i have to stop them to give them a tip, they never expect one and sometimes are surprised but always appreciative.

love sailing with RCCL