Can we STOP complaining about the MDR food?

RecoveryDude

Really? This will be our 3rd trip on her. We love her and all of the Spirit class. I am disappointed that they have already swapped her over to the American Table......... which is really my only major complaint about Carnival and the Vista.

The rest of my comments were meant as "Don't be silent" or "Don't just accept". If you don't tell someone, it can't be corrected.

Just got off of her 3/25. The food and service in the MDR were top notch, so good we actually cancelled our steakhouse reservation.

Crew was excellent all around, comedy house was great, 2x a day cabin service! We love the Miracle!

I just got off a week on the Dream, and I thought the food was pretty good. The MDR had a good selection, quality foods, v good service, and decent wines and cocktails. I had no real complaints.

The portion sizes were modest, but really that was fine by me. I was NEVER hungry with burgers, pizza, tacos, and ice cream on tap all day.

I'm not willing to give up on him yet. I have a great hope that everyone can come to a place where they can learn to respect other perspectives.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I respect your perspective, I may not agree with it tho....that's ok, right [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not willing to give up on him yet. I have a great hope that everyone can come to a place where they can learn to respect other perspectives.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I'm just tired of people who choose to read only part of a post or purposely twist words in a post to justify their beliefs.

Good luck in your mission. :)

Just got off of her 3/25. The food and service in the MDR were top notch, so good we actually cancelled our steakhouse reservation.

Crew was excellent all around, comedy house was great, 2x a day cabin service! We love the Miracle!

So happy to hear that as we sail her in 107 days. :D

Excellent! I wish we didn't have to wait for January. :)

However, it gives me time to pay for it!

Ok, so I have been cruising Carnival for 15+ years and can say I don't believe I have seen a down turn in the quality of the food. I think they have made other questionable reductions in what you get, but for me food is not one of them.

I consider myself a bit of a food snob and have dropped $300 on a dinner for 2 with NO alcohol involved. Pretty broad palate and have eaten all over thr world. IMHO Carnival still provides a pretty decent meal! There are things I look forward to every cruise and enjoy them each time I eat them.

Now will say some ships do it better than others and even my favorite go to dishes tend to be slightly different on each ship...but all still good.

I find it very hard to believe someone would compare the MDR to a normal buffet meal. Might not be dinner with the Queen but think CC deserves more credit than this.

Ok, so I have been cruising Carnival for 15+ years and can say I don't believe I have seen a down turn in the quality of the food. I think they have made other questionable reductions in what you get, but for me food is not one of them.

I consider myself a bit of a food snob and have dropped $300 on a dinner for 2 with NO alcohol involved. Pretty broad palate and have eaten all over thr world. IMHO Carnival still provides a pretty decent meal! There are things I look forward to every cruise and enjoy them each time I eat them.

Now will say some ships do it better than others and even my favorite go to dishes tend to be slightly different on each ship...but all still good.

I find it very hard to believe someone would compare the MDR to a normal buffet meal. Might not be dinner with the Queen but think CC deserves more credit than this.

I have seen people compare it to banquet food. I don't recall anyone comparing it to buffet food.

I have seen people compare it to banquet food. I don't recall anyone comparing it to buffet food.

I stand corrected. I MEANT to say I wouldn't compare it to banquet food. I think it is.better than this.

Either way, isn't that like comparing it to "food served on dishes", or "wine served in a glass"? There are banquets of all grades. I have to say that as much as I read every one of these threads, the videos people post are really helpful. Though those appraisals are as variable as any, we're given the opportunity to look at the food they're eating, and we can get so much more from the visual appearance, especially when we get a glimpse of people enjoying the food, since that gives us the opportunity to develop a strongly understanding of whether their tastes are similar to or different from ours.

I stand corrected. I MEANT to say I wouldn't compare it to banquet food. I think it is.better than this.

I've had some very good banquet food and I would compare the MDR favorably to that, but nonetheless it is food that is prepared en masse a la banquet food.

We almost always eat in the MDR and find the food to be great. I don't believe in paying for the specialty restaurants when food is included in my cruise fare. If we have a late tour we will do the buffet but usually we're in the dining room and enjoying ourselves. People who complain that they can't find anything to eat on a cruise just are not trying.