Why all those childish "perks"?

Just to clarify, I know you were talking about Celebrity. Everything given by Rccl to Diamond members is recognized by Celebrity when you book with them. happy unaware cruising..

Just to clarify a little further, Celebrity does recognize and match a passenger's RCI status (except for the highest level, I believe) and vice versa, but that doesn't mean you'll get exactly the same perks across cruise lines. You'll get whatever perks the other cruise line normally offers for that corresponding level.

To the OP, you are aware that sometimes Concierge Class is actually priced lower than regular balconies on X? Also, as mentioned, on the M Class ships, Concierge Class cabins are larger than regular balconies. Then you mention "Elite" and talk about things like a scoop of ice cream. The Elite perks include a lot more. A generous free internet package, some free laundry and dry cleaning, discounts on specialty dining.

Yes, I am happy that Celebrity has rewarded my loyalty by giving me perks that save me a good deal of money. Have you priced internet packages and ship laundry prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify a little further, Celebrity does recognize and match a passenger's RCI status (except for the highest level, I believe) and vice versa, but that doesn't mean you'll get exactly the same perks across cruise lines. You'll get whatever perks the other cruise line normally offers for that corresponding level.

Kudo's to RCL for loyalty reciprocity amongst all their lines...RCI, Celebrity, Azamara.....\unlike the other's that do not...the Carnival Corp and the NCL Holdings companies....

Those perks add up...we booked Concierge on a 10 day for cabin location AND it was the same cost as a regular veranda on a 7 day ! No brainer....looking forward to our footstools on balcony, free embarkation lunch in MDR and shoe shines....oh and the more plush robes and towels...and nicer shower head...oh and daily canapés we can enjoy on our balcony with our wine we so carefully carry by the glass to our cabin....oh and the priority check in....and of course the welcome sparkling wine we swap out for a cab....32 more days till we CONCIERGE IT UP ! WHOO HOO!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

To the OP, you are aware that sometimes Concierge Class is actually priced lower than regular balconies on X?

Last cruise I was in Concierge Class as those cabins were available.

Yes, I am happy that Celebrity has rewarded my loyalty by giving me perks that save me a good deal of money. Have you priced internet packages and ship laundry prices?

The cruises I did, I had cell phone internet almost all of the the time for free. During our 14 day cruise, I did have some laundry done for something like $30. That's about 0.75% of my fare. Less than three glasses of Shiraz. My "normal" vacations, which is usually staying in cottage in France with a few friends, would cost maybe $100 a day when we decide not to cook ourselves.

So I bite the bullet, I spend thousands of dollars more to be on a ship, which is really special, I really don't need the marketing department to tell me it is. Then those people, after looking at their Excel sheets, appear to think there's a chance I will book a cruise because there's one free scoop of icecream.

From personal experience, I've seen the ice cream lady being bored to death waiting for customers on X. So maybe they want me to try the free scoop of icecream so I'll return a few times to pay for the treat. In that case, they could put a coupon in my mailbox while I'm on the ship.

I still feel I'm not taken seriously as a customer when someone tries to sell me something that's worth a decent car by telling me that he'll throw in a free scoop of icecream.

I still feel I'm not taken seriously as a customer when someone tries to sell me something that's worth a decent car by telling me that he'll throw in a free scoop of icecream.

You've already answered your own questions here... you pay extra to book concierge due to the size and location of the cabins... not sure why X providing extra amenities offends you. Some people use them and like having them and some people don't.

The real 'elite' benefits are the free drinks during the free cocktail hour, access to Persian gardens, free laundry, free internet... all of which would have real value to me...

The free scoop of ice cream is a 'classic' member benefit... a throw away to give the new customers a little something. They just don't take it away when you reach elite. But, by all means, if you don't want the room and captains club amenities you paid for, I'll take them [emoji57]... as a 'classic' member myself, seeing as all I get is the welcome back party and a free scoop of ice cream, I'll be using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I don't book a cruise based on "free stuff" but I will not turn down or complain about "free stuff". On RCL people started complaining about the dried fruit and nut baskets, guess what, they're gone and replaced by 4 stale cookies.

I consider myself well off in retirement but still clip coupons and shop for BOGOS, perhaps that's how I got well off.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

Well you go right ahead and call me childish. No, we didn't book a concierge cabin because of the umbrella or binoculars or footstools on the balcony. We booked it because of the price, cabin location, and extra loyalty points per night. But we did enjoy the little extras that went along with the category upgrade. What is wrong with enjoying a shorter line at check in or the boarding day lunch in the MDR?

If and when we reach elite status, I fully intend to enjoy those perks, too. I'm not going to book more cruises solely to reach that point, but once there, I see no reason to turn my nose up at them, either. I don't view them as a huge enticement for booking more cruises, but as a thank you for having done so.

We book Concierge cabins on Celebrity because of location. The extras are just that, extras.

I'm certainly not going to turn down Elite benefits on X and Diamond Plus benefits on RC.

If OP feels they are "childish" then maybe they need to find something else to do that is not "childish".

• I think you forgot a few items on your list.....

• In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services
  • •NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk
  • • Priority check-in
  • • NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in
  • • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • • Exclusive pre-departure lounge
  • • NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge
  • • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• • NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)
  • • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Amenities

• •Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work
  • • Welcome fresh fruit
  • • Daily Delectable Delights
  • • Pillow menu to suit sleeping preferences
  • • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens
  • • Concierge Class Captain's Club points (5 pts per night)
  • • Plush 100% cotton bathrobes & towels
  • • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • • Use of golf umbrella and binoculars
  • • Celebrity tote bag
  • • Celebrity embossed key holder
  • • Celebrity embossed notepad and pen

Stateroom features

• • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

I consider myself well off in retirement but still clip coupons and shop for BOGOS, perhaps that's how I got well off.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

You are in good company - J. Paul Getty had a pay phone in his foyer for his guests' use.

We recently booked Concierge Class. We also didn't think it would matter, as we're fairly low-maintenance guests. What would we need a concierge for? Well, while I certainly can make reservations myself, it was nice not having to wait in line to do so. When I asked for a last minute excursion, it was booked in 3 minutes for me. I went to take a look at the excursion desk, and it was 20 people deep. Nice not to have to wait in that line.

When we had a problem with an excursion, our Concierge dealt with it efficiently. No waiting in line at the excursions desk with people behind us glaring because we were taking too much time.

Booked Concierge again (also for location on the hump). Will we need the Concierge's assistance? Maybe not, but it's nice that it's there.

We also enjoyed the lunch in the MDR, especially since Bistro on 5 is now a la carte Sushi on 5. By the time we finished, our cabins were ready. Relaxing way to start the cruise.

So yes, I'll take the little perks gladly.

Just curious as to why you booked concierge class if this is how you feel... as far as I can tell it's just a higher priced room for nothing but 'throw away' extras... the things you mentioned, a concierge (for what I don't know, have never had trouble making reservations on my own), lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, and a lounge on debarkation day.... nothing that to me justifies spending extra on the room...

They've created a higher priced room and are just looking for low cost freebies to sell it.

Personally we stick to a basic balcony but would consider aqua if it was ever an affordable (special dining room and spa pass are worthwhile extras to me), but concierge class seems useless IMO.

On M class ships, Concierge class rooms are about 25 sq ft larger. However, on S class they aren't. You also get more points towards loyalty club benefits. And, the locations are generally in prime areas.

We book Concierge class on M class (for the extra space) but regular balcony on S class.