Changing dates of a Next Cruise booking

I booked the Freedom for Feb 2018 while on the Oasis. I see now we can save some money if we go in March instead. Same ship, same itinerary.

Can we move the booking without any penalties? If so, can it be done more than once? I am not using a TA if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Cathy

No problem, TA or not as long as you do it before final payment. I booked a cruise on the Freedom for next year while on the Freedom two weeks ago and already moved the booking to a Mediterranean cruise on the Symphony of the Seas!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I booked the Freedom for Feb 2018 while on the Oasis. I see now we can save some money if we go in March instead. Same ship, same itinerary.

Can we move the booking without any penalties? If so, can it be done more than once? I am not using a TA if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Cathy

Just call RC and change it....as long as you make any changes before final payment, it's never a problem! ;)

I could not use my Serenade cruise last year which I had booked with next cruise on board another ship, so called CS and she tossed it into the furthest out sailing that was listed, until I could be sure it was going to be OK on my next date. About a month later, I called to change that to the date we could now reschedule into. It worked just fine! No charge, and kept our 200 OBS. :)

I have moved mine two times. Considering moving another time. My TA told I can't move it anymore. Is that true?

Never heard of a limit with the cruise line. Might be that your TA has a limit.

In the UK we have a lot of restrictions, including only being able to change once. This is not made clear when you make a next cruise booking while on a ship.

If you are outside of US, problem is not the TA but Royal Caribbean applying different terms and conditions. Ones which are not clearly spelled out at time of booking.

I will try again before my final payment in August. The problem is I just booked a different cruise, not a next cruise on the Anthem, because I promised my Daughter a cruise for her college graduation which I paid for. Now I probably won't be able to afford the one in November with my next cruise certificate. $3000 because I am going solo. Will have to see. I would rather change it than strap myself.

I was told if you took immediate OBC and used it on the cruise in which you were on when you booked the future cruise, you can change as many times as you want without penalty.

If you opted for future OBC, then you can change 2 times and keep your OBC, a 3rd change will result in the lose of your OBC.

Not sure if this is correct, but it was the info I was given when changing a future booking.

Wow! I honestly didn't expect that answer. I'm headed to the Celebrity website!! Thanks Bob!

Cathy

When transferring from Royal to Celebrity, I believe it has to be done via phone.

Does this apply to all next cruise bookings or just open ended ones? Do you call royal or celebrity to make this happen?

To my knowledge, any Royal booking can be cancelled and any monies paid moved to a Celebrity booking. I'd call Celebrity first.

Can you move a reservation to a cruise that is within final payment? I have one booked for 2018 but I am thinking of moving it to one that is sailing next month.

Yes, you will have to immediately pay the outstanding balance.