Chasing Royal Caribbean Diamond Status--Is It Worth It?

I'm finding myself just a couple of cruises away from Diamond Status, and I'm thinking of making a concerted effort to go for it!

http://www.plane2port.com/chasing-royal-caribbean-diamond-status-worth/

If you don't feel like clicking through, the gist of the post is that I think that YES it would be worth it just for the access to the Diamond Lounge alone (and drink coupons.)

If you do read the post and find any glaring errors please let me know. I know that the experts on Royal Caribbean Diamond status are here on this board.

Since going on a cruise is a wonderful thing, it is always a good idea to take a cruise.

And since you are so close to Diamond, just keep cruising. That's not 'chasing Diamond', it's just getting the benefits that you earn when you cruise.

:)

Don't forget that you can also sign up for Celebrity and Azamara status too. Both of these sister cruise lines offer different experiences that are different than RCI, especially Azamara's overnight stays in more unique ports.

We've enjoyed the balcony discounts, the early boarding and disembarking, two free photos and getting a break on internet and laundry. As for the free drinks and lounge- the lounges, tried on many ships, have not been our scene. We often find we are the youngest people in the room, outside of the kids who "inherited" Diamond, like our own did. The change to 3 credited drinks per night on the Sea pass has worked better for us, although, we've yet to use all three or even use them every night. :') We've also received special invites to ship tours, galley tours and theater tours. Once I got upgraded to a Jr suite.

We like to cruise, and did enough Royal cruises to get there, but I would never choose a ship based on those benefits. We choose an itinerary based on our interests and often cruise smaller boutique/expedition style cruises to ensure we get to the places we want. (We have enjoyed reciprocal, often better, perks on Azamara, such as free laundry, and internet) If you like Royal, then go for it, the perks are nice, but the cruise itself is what you are going for!

When we finally made D+ I was excited...that didn't last long...and not too long after cruising Oasis the CL was taken away...now we just have the DL...so much for loyalty.

:o

Yes, but the DL was the CL which is a way better location than the old DL on Oasis. Though the breakfast and lunch in the CL was one perk I really miss.

I'm finding myself just a couple of cruises away from Diamond Status, and I'm thinking of making a concerted effort to go for it!

http://www.plane2port.com/chasing-royal-caribbean-diamond-status-worth/

If you don't feel like clicking through, the gist of the post is that I think that YES it would be worth it just for the access to the Diamond Lounge alone (and drink coupons.)

If you do read the post and find any glaring errors please let me know. I know that the experts on Royal Caribbean Diamond status are here on this board.

Reading your blog, I believe you should go for it. You aimed for it and worked hard on it. You deserve those amenities.

We've enjoyed the balcony discounts, the early boarding and disembarking, two free photos and getting a break on internet and laundry. As for the free drinks and lounge- the lounges, tried on many ships, have not been our scene. We often find we are the youngest people in the room, outside of the kids who "inherited" Diamond, like our own did. The change to 3 credited drinks per night on the Sea pass has worked better for us, although, we've yet to use all three or even use them every night. :') We've also received special invites to ship tours, galley tours and theater tours. Once I got upgraded to a Jr suite.

We like to cruise, and did enough Royal cruises to get there, but I would never choose a ship based on those benefits. We choose an itinerary based on our interests and often cruise smaller boutique/expedition style cruises to ensure we get to the places we want. (We have enjoyed reciprocal, often better, perks on Azamara, such as free laundry, and internet) If you like Royal, then go for it, the perks are nice, but the cruise itself is what you are going for!

Agree drinking in the lounges isn't my thing either I enjoy Concierge Lounge daytime when it's quiet. But you can't always assume kids next to you "Inherited" Diamond, my kids sailed with us and made it on their own by time they were 9, 12 and 15. There's even been discussion on here of under 18 yr olds making Pinnacle...

Agree drinking in the lounges isn't my thing either I enjoy Concierge Lounge daytime when it's quiet. But you can't always assume kids next to you "Inherited" Diamond, my kids sailed with us and made it on their own by time they were 9, 12 and 15. There's even been discussion on here of under 18 yr olds making Pinnacle...

I think what she means is that her kids "inherited" Diamond by cruising with their parents. I don't know many 9, 12, or 15 year olds that book and pay for their own cruises...now yours may be exceptional, but I'm pretty sure they've "inherited" their statuses by traveling with mom/dad, too! ;)

I think what she means is that her kids "inherited" Diamond by cruising with their parents. I don't know many 9, 12, or 15 year olds that book and pay for their own cruises...now yours may be exceptional, but I'm pretty sure they've "inherited" their statuses by traveling with mom/dad, too! ;)

By 'inherited' the poster meant that the kids automatically get the current status of their parents. This is different than kids who have actually sailed enough times to qualify for Diamond status on their own. Who pays for the cruise has no bearing on things whatsoever. I am a stay at home Mom/Housewife, so my husband has earned the money for us to cruise. Does that mean that I am not really a Diamond Plus member on my own?