$7.95 Room Service Charge

These nickle and dime threads are really disheartening. We sail in 68 days on the Oasis and it is paid for long ago. However, I have recently learned that several wines are no longer in the drink package as they are somehow $17 a glass for wine that is $14 a bottle on land. Paying an extra few bucks for very overpriced wine after already buying a drink package is going to annoy me beyond belief. $8 delivery charge for a person to bring us breakfast seems very expensive to me. I have heard specialty restaurants now have additional charges of $30-$50 per person depending on the sailing. No thanks. I am not loyal to any one line and have sailed around 20 times now. I am guessing this might be my last RCCL cruise for awhile. I would rather pay more and have everything included I guess.

Well, that is certainly the information that the Original Poster is talking about. Looks like they are either implementing it or floating a trial balloon.

There have been a couple of these things that RC has tried that people reacted so negatively to, and nuclear-bombed RC executives about, that RC rescinded.

So, if you feel strongly, go to it.

mbayley@rccl.com

This information (room service & pool towels) popped up on Royals UK travel agents site yesterday, the same site that first mentioned Dynamic Dining was to end (5 months later it did !). I,ve stiched together two screen grabs as its too tall for one grab.

Screenshot_1389comp_zpsxs44denn.jpg

And that tiny little ice cream scoop of scrambled eggs with a nasty old tomato 🍅

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

Obviously not a "gourmet" like yourself...but the eggs, hashbrown & tomato , toast & fruit sometimes oatmeal is just fine and tastes great on our balcony in our Pj's :D

It does sound exactly like NCL so I'm thinking the OP copied it from the wrong website.

Well, considering the OP just posted the one comment and hasn't returned, I guess we'll never find out. So annoying when people make a comment/post to get others all riled up, then *poof*, disappear. :confused:

Obviously not a "gourmet" like yourself...but the eggs, hashbrown & tomato , toast & fruit sometimes oatmeal is just fine and tastes great on our balcony in our Pj's :D

Perfectly fine but I won't pay 8 bucks plus tip for it.

Well, considering the OP just posted the one comment and hasn't returned, I guess we'll never find out. So annoying when people make a comment/post to get others all riled up, then *poof*, disappear. :confused:

Arthur Sixpence just confirmed it above...

Read 3 posts before yours.;)

Why should anyone get riled up? RCI tells us that these various charges, for things that used to have no charge, are all put in place to enhance our cruise experience. Everyone should be excited.:rolleyes:

This is very disappointing and, coupled with some of the other annoyances, might just be enough to push us over the edge! We always get a balcony so we can enjoy some meals (mostly breakfast) out there. It is one of the things we enjoy most. This would definitely push us to look at other vacation options more than we have the last few years.

ugh. Is this for cruises out of the UK?? We are booked for a 14 night cruise in August out of Southampton and I will be royally ticked if this is true. This cruise has already cost so much!! This might be my last RC cruise for a long while :(

I can live with the $3.95 midnight charge...but to charge $7.95 for every order??? No way :(

ugh

This has me very upset! I can understand having a "premium" section of the menu that includes an up-charge, but every order is crazy! Nice way for RCI to make me upset before a vacation! BTW, I hope they see my frustration!

Read my post above.

ugh. Is this for cruises out of the UK?? We are booked for a 14 night cruise in August out of Southampton and I will be royally ticked if this is true. This cruise has already cost so much!! This might be my last RC cruise for a long while :(

I can live with the $3.95 midnight charge...but to charge $7.95 for every order??? No way :(

ugh

I highly doubt this is cruises from the UK only. The information mentions fleet-wide updates.

Hey come now, RCI is doing everyone a favor, it will make you get out of bed and go to the WJ for that thing you would have normally ordered and get some exercise - see RCI cares for you.

Rumor mill has it RCCL is looking into how to implement a $7.95 "get out of bed" charge each day, so I think they will get us either way. :D

Rumor mill has it RCCL is looking into how to implement a $7.95 "get out of bed" charge each day, so I think they will get us either way. :D

Please, don't give them any more ideas!

Hey come now, RCI is doing everyone a favor, it will make you get out of bed and go to the WJ for that thing you would have normally ordered and get some exercise - see RCI cares for you.

Rumor mill, tread mill.............no difference. ;)

I rarely ever order room service, but this price will bring my room service calls down to ZERO. It's not a make-or-break for me, but I don't like it.

Personal opinion: Room service is not a particularly cost-effective service for the cruise line. Sounds like they're trying to phase it out by making it too expensive.