$7.95 Room Service Charge

From Royal's Australian website:

Room service

Morning, noon, night or whenever you like – order up room service 24/7. Enjoy breakfast in bed, cheesecake on your balcony or a delicious dinner in the comfort of your stateroom. Complimentary except between midnight and 5 a.m., when a USD 3.95 service charge applies.

From Royal's UK website:

Is there room service onboard?Room Service is available onboard any time of the day and night. Any orders between midnight and 5am will have a service charge of $3.95 per delivery.You can order from the room service menu located in your stateroom - either via the stateroom phone or interactive TV service.

Wonder if that incudes suite guests? we normally might order breakfast one day on balcony, not a big fan on room service. You can just go to WJ and bring in back to cabin and save the cash , it will be warmer than room sevice

How do you get your teenage boys to stay in the rooms?? Mine were always out and about, came back to sleep and that's it. They ate primarily in the Windjammer every single cruise! LOL

Room service breakfast was the only way I could get them up in the mornings on past cruises! :D Then, after showering and dressing, they'd be out and about doing things non-stop and hit the Windjammer for a second breakfast later!

Then WJ for lunch, Cafe Promenade and other venues at various times just because they were passing by, multiple apps and entrees at dinner in the MDR, Sorrento's before curfew for the night, and maybe once or twice a room service afternoon or evening delivery if they wanted to recoup from some strenuous activity.

It is amazing the amount of food two 16 year old boys can consume and burn off!!! :eek:

~ Judy

This is in the FAQ on the Royal Caribbean website:

Staterooms

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Pages.gif

Q: Is there room service onboard?s.gifA: Room service is available onboard any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (late night service charge of $3.95* applies).

*Service charge subject to change without notice.

Been like this over the last few years. Haven't read anything like the Ops statement.

I can't confirm his/her story. Hopefully it is not true. All the little extra fees add up. Always enjoy breakfast on my balcony a few times each cruise [emoji568]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We only order continental breakfast when we have an early tour, especially when sailing in the Mediterranean.

I'll tell you what, If I got charged $7.95 for that teeny tiny wrap we got on the Harmony last month in room service, I would be just a bit ticked. And then have to go order a $15 margarita and get better. Ha :evilsmile:

And that tiny little ice cream scoop of scrambled eggs with a nasty old tomato 🍅

Sent from my XT1575 using Forums mobile app

We just returned from Freedom of the Seas yesterday and we had heard onboard from the crew that this was coming in the next couple weeks.

That is not encouraging information. This would be bad in my book, especially considering the prices that RCCL is charging.

Was cruising on Ovation from Sydney last month and definitely there were charges for room service.

There were limited no charge items available - continental breakfast, some small meals/snacks and desserts but everything else was at a charge mostly around $4.95 +.

Hot breakfast and pizza our favourite occasional room orders were both now priced.

We were on Voyager from Sydney in December and there were no room service charges at all except for the late night $3.95 surcharge.

We only order continental breakfast when we have an early tour, especially when sailing in the Mediterranean.

Same with us or an early excursion. Just nice not to be rushed a few mornings each cruise. I have never ordered room service besides the basic breakfast menu stuff

Was cruising on Ovation from Sydney last month and definitely there were charges for room service.

There were limited no charge items available - continental breakfast, some small meals/snacks and desserts but everything else was at a charge mostly around $4.95 +.

Hot breakfast and pizza our favourite occasional room orders were both now priced.

We were on Voyager from Sydney in December and there were no room service charges at all except for the late night $3.95 surcharge.

Quantum class ships and Harmony have a different room service menu and pricing scheme from the rest of the fleet.

:)