Transportation question. Please help!

beachbum53

For our upcoming cruise out of Miami, we are flying into Fort Lauderdale. Our arrival time is 6:20 p.m. We're trying to find transportation that is economical and as hassle free as possible, to take us from the FLL airport to our hotel in downtown Miami. Taking a taxi or limo service is ridiculously expensive. Cost wise, both Uber and Lyft are comparable, and about half of what a taxi would cost. However, we've been reading about a lot of complaints and seeing low ratings for both Uber and Lyft. I'd rather not deal with renting a car, unless it's my last resort. I've already called SAS, and they stop offering transportation to Miami at 3:00 p.m. If you've been in a similar situation, what did you do? What would you recommend?

For our upcoming cruise out of Miami, we are flying into Fort Lauderdale. Our arrival time is 6:20 p.m. We're trying to find transportation that is economical and as hassle free as possible, to take us from the FLL airport to our hotel in downtown Miami. Taking a taxi or limo service is ridiculously expensive. Cost wise, both Uber and Lyft are comparable, and about half of what a taxi would cost. However, we've been reading about a lot of complaints and seeing low ratings for both Uber and Lyft. I'd rather not deal with renting a car, unless it's my last resort. I've already called SAS, and they stop offering transportation to Miami at 3:00 p.m. If you've been in a similar situation, what did you do? What would you recommend?

Stay in Ft Lauderdale (which is the usual advice to this question here daily) and then take a shared shuttle the next day to the POM. Problem solved.

Lido is right!

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info. SAS, QLS, MJS, GO Airport and other will shuttle you to POM th enext day for about 415 per person (check their web sites to see which picks up at your hotel ;))

I would also not be scared of Uber/Lyft -- never had an issue with either (something I cannot say about taxis, especially the crooks in Philly! :mad:).

Have a good cruise!

Stay in Ft Lauderdale (which is the usual advice to this question here daily) and then take a shared shuttle the next day to the POM. Problem solved.

Unfortunately, we've already made our hotel reservation in Miami, through trivago. If we cancel the reservation, we'll lose $60.00. If you cancel after three days, you have to pay a cancellation fee. Otherwise, I would switch to a FLL hotel.

Unfortunately, we've already made our hotel reservation in Miami, through trivago. If we cancel the reservation, we'll lose $60.00. If you cancel after three days, you have to pay a cancellation fee. Otherwise, I would switch to a FLL hotel.

Well, then...Your options are a rental, Uber, taxi or private car.

Take an Uber. I've never had an issue with them. Sure, some drivers are not as great, but its almost always better than a taxi and a lot cheaper than a taxi or other private car options. You should be fine with using Uber or Lyft, not sure what reviews you are reading. Most people who complain, especially about Uber only post when its bad, when its good you don't hear about it, because no one takes time out of their day to say things are great.

Take the Uber. What concerns do you have?

Take an Uber. I've never had an issue with them. Sure, some drivers are not as great, but its almost always better than a taxi and a lot cheaper than a taxi or other private car options. You should be fine with using Uber or Lyft, not sure what reviews you are reading. Most people who complain, especially about Uber only post when its bad, when its good you don't hear about it, because no one takes time out of their day to say things are great.

Take the Uber. What concerns do you have?

I'm seeing reports of people being overcharged or double charged. Unfortunately, the negative reports typically don't say what city, so I have no idea if it's Ft. Lauderdale, New York City, Chicago or wherever. I realize it's going to vary from city to city. I'm hoping none of the bad reviews I've read are from FLL or Miami.

I'm seeing reports of people being overcharged or double charged. Unfortunately, the negative reports typically don't say what city, so I have no idea if it's Ft. Lauderdale, New York City, Chicago or wherever. I realize it's going to vary from city to city. I'm hoping none of the bad reviews I've read are from FLL or Miami.

I don't see how that is possible. I have taken Uber probably 50 times by now all around the U.S. I have never been overcharged. The only problem I ever had was once a driver canceling on me and I was charged $5.00. I clicked a few buttons and Uber automatically gave me a $5.00 credit for the issue after I said it was the drivers fault not mine. That was in NYC.

Uber also only uses credit cards, if you get overcharged or double charged you can dispute it with your CC company. Uber also has in-app dispute system which generally see the customer as always being right and they will give you free credit for any issues.

I would give the Uber a shot. Never had an issue ever, anywhere, be it Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Chicago, LA, NYC etc..

Definitely Uber. We always use Uber in any city we're in and love the service. Never had an issue, only positive. You can look online and find a bad review about Burger King. Does that stop you from eating there? Uber is fantastic and you'll be a fan after your first ride.

I don't see how that is possible. I have taken Uber probably 50 times by now all around the U.S. I have never been overcharged. The only problem I ever had was once a driver canceling on me and I was charged $5.00. I clicked a few buttons and Uber automatically gave me a $5.00 credit for the issue after I said it was the drivers fault not mine. That was in NYC.

Uber also only uses credit cards, if you get overcharged or double charged you can dispute it with your CC company. Uber also has in-app dispute system which generally see the customer as always being right and they will give you free credit for any issues.

I would give the Uber a shot. Never had an issue ever, anywhere, be it Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Chicago, LA, NYC etc..

After reading several other posts on here, my mind has been put at ease. I'm not seeing any negative reviews about using Uber in FLL or Miami. There is a website that has customer reviews posted. However, rarely, if ever, is the city mentioned where the problem occurred. I think some of them may be in foreign cities, and not in the U.S.

I take Uber constantly here in Miami, have used them in Hawaii, NYC, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, New Orleans and various other places and have never been overcharged. The complaints you are reading are probably from people who accepted surge pricing and then complained about it.

I take Uber constantly here in Miami, have used them in Hawaii, NYC, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, New Orleans and various other places and have never been overcharged. The complaints you are reading are probably from people who accepted surge pricing and then complained about it.

or taxi drivers trying to give Uber a bad name. Just like the one taxi driver that comes here and tries to convince people for some odd reason that a taxi is better.