Which Edge Suite Should I Choose?

gskimmel

I am currently looking at 3 possible suites on the Edge:

- S3 - #11160

- S1 - #11206

- CS - #11110

The S3 looks decent but it looks like it is in the path where the movable restaurant goes up and down.

The S1 has a larger balcony than the S3

The CS is a nice size and I like the floor-to-ceiling glass doors. But I'm surprised the balcony is 51sq ft (which is half the size of the Sky Suites!).

If you were me, which suite would you pick?

Thanks

I did book a S3. I like balcony with shade (I burn like crazy) so I do not mind the carpet on top. I just wanted the cheapest key to the suite amenities.

On the sailing I booked, the S3 today are sold out, and the S2 and S1 where $200 more pp this morning than yesterday... I would say book something if you are interested and worry about the rest later....

We had a very similar discussion and picked the S1 as our happy medium. In a way it's so hard since there are so few pictures. I'm hoping for a great cabin crawl on our cruise! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm leaning towards the S1, too. It is so hard to pick because there are so few details. However, the S1 pricing is similar to what I would pay on Azamara. The CS pricing is getting into Regent territory. I think the Magic Carpet would bother me so I guess that eliminates the S3.

Edited by gskimmel

We were holding a S2, but after more thought we went for Suite S1 11207 for the March 3, 2019 sailing. I'm just not sure of the S3 suite yet. I think they will be fine. I went for the S1 deck 11 for they have cabins above and below and only up one deck to the Luminae @ the retreat.

I'm leaning towards the S1, too. It is so hard to pick because there are so few details.

I'm having the same dilemma. I am thinking that the 163 sq ft for the S1's are for the aft S1's and that the midship S1's may be smaller (balconies would have to be ~ 20X8 or 26X6 to equal 160 sq ft). I am hoping the S1's in the aft have the larger wrap around balcony like on S class, but who knows?

I am wondering if the CS balconies are actually bigger than 51 sq ft. They look like a split balcony, as someone else mentioned - both areas in front of the living room and bedroom have the same flooring so both may be balconies so actually larger amount of balcony sq footage.

My dilemma has been whether to stay in the aft S1 I've booked with the likely larger, sunnier balcony or move up to a midship S1 on 10 or CS on 11 with possible overhang and maybe smaller balcony. There is something alluring about being in the suite hub and having easy access to all the suite venues. We may move forward to the suite base camp as more info comes out, if there is anything left. :D

edge_staterooms_sky-suitea_960x312.jpg

S1 layout

edge_staterooms_celebrity-suite_960x312.jpg

CS layout

I'm having the same dilemma. I am thinking that the 163 sq ft for the S1's are for the aft S1's and that the midship S1's may be smaller (balconies would have to be ~ 20X8 or 26X6 to equal 160 sq ft). I am hoping the S1's in the aft have the larger wrap around balcony like on S class, but who knows?

I am wondering if the CS balconies are actually bigger than 51 sq ft. They look like a split balcony, as someone else mentioned - both areas in front of the living room and bedroom have the same flooring so both may be balconies so actually larger amount of balcony sq footage.

My dilemma has been whether to stay in the aft S1 I've booked with the likely larger, sunnier balcony or move up to a midship S1 on 10 or CS on 11 with possible overhang and maybe smaller balcony. There is something alluring about being in the suite hub and having easy access to all the suite venues. We may move forward to the suite base camp as more info comes out, if there is anything left. :D

S1 layout

CS layout

I'm having trouble identifying the balcony on the CS. It looks like two separate sun rooms.

I took a look at the deck plan and I think the mid-ship S1 balconies are deeper. Maybe that is why they are larger?

The more I look at both layouts, the S1 is looking more attractive. Considering all suites have the same suite benefits, not sure if the CS is worth the extra $2000 just for the separate bedroom/living room. My S3 hold expires today, which is fine. My S1 hold expires tomorrow so I have more time to think about this.

On the CS drawing the balcony is on the bottom, the sun room is on the top. If you demand fresh air on your balcony, the 51sf figure is accurate. But the entire suite will have lots of sunlight and ocean views.

On the CS drawing the balcony is on the bottom, the sun room is on the top. If you demand fresh air on your balcony, the 51sf figure is accurate. But the entire suite will have lots of sunlight and ocean views.

Does it still only have one WC?

I'm having trouble identifying the balcony on the CS. It looks like two separate sun rooms.

I took a look at the deck plan and I think the mid-ship S1 balconies are deeper. Maybe that is why they are larger?

The more I look at both layouts, the S1 is looking more attractive. Considering all suites have the same suite benefits, not sure if the CS is worth the extra $2000 just for the separate bedroom/living room. My S3 hold expires today, which is fine. My S1 hold expires tomorrow so I have more time to think about this.

I think I am sticking with an S1 as well. We are going to be having so much fun exploring and using all the new venues we probably won't end up spending a lot of time enjoying the 2 rooms. :)

Thanks! Now it makes more sense. :)

i know EVERYTHING is speculation right now, but I just noticed this rendering on the UK website for a sky suite. in this one it shows the bed facing the windows, but in others it is not. I wonder what the actual layout would be? because this would be nice.

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg?width=378&height=220&ext=.jpg

It does make it look bigger!

I will never book a cabin that is in line or by the sides of the magic carpet. EVERYONE will be looking in to gawk at different cabins like it's some sort of tour.

Passengers will not be permitted to be in it when it moves up or down decks. I assume there will be staff in it, but you never know.

I will never book a cabin that is in line or by the sides of the magic carpet. EVERYONE will be looking in to gawk at different cabins like it's some sort of tour.

Only those who bring their drones: passengers don't ride the Magic Carpet, they only use it after it has been positioned.

S1 layout

CS layout

I booked an S1 Aft facing and Celebrity said they weren't wrap around like the S class aft facing S1. These were the celebrity sales reps. Take it with a grain of salt. They also said that the Aft facing rooms aren't exposed from above. I'm not sure I believe that because all of the SV rooms are Aft facing. Why would you want an SV if you weren't getting ☀️

I booked an S1 Aft facing and Celebrity said they weren't wrap around like the S class aft facing S1. These were the celebrity sales reps. Take it with a grain of salt. They also said that the Aft facing rooms aren't exposed from above. I'm not sure I believe that because all of the SV rooms are Aft facing. Why would you want an SV if you weren't getting ☀️

Is that what SV stands for? Live and learn -- I thought it mean "Soot View" ;p

I think we will stick with the aft S1 (they are going fast and the price is up $200 pp already) - hopefully, if the balcony is really 163 sq ft, it will be a nice balcony and will have a chance of getting some sun. The renderings seem to show overhangs over the midship S1's, but who knows what it will really look like. Worst case scenario, we will have our lovely view of the wake in a quiet area of the ship - I think we will be happy!