Early morning on the ship

chelleyk

Three years ago, on the Carnival LA-Baja "booze cruise" I got up early and went above decks. Aside from some crew members I saw no one and walked around this seemingly empty ship all by myself. I highly recommend it. It's really neat and also a little spooky. Also got to watch the ship pull into port which was cool. I could not find any coffee, however. It was about 6. Does anyone know where I might find coffee at that hour on the Carnival Inspiration? I eventually found some around 7 when the buffet coffee got going. This time, I will ask someone beforehand but thought maybe you guys might know. Thanks!

I get up real early on a few mornings of my cruise...like 5-5:30....walk around, check out the lido....it can be a bit spooky if no one is around, especially if it's going to be a sea day and we are out in the middle of the ocean and it's dark!

before I retired, and I would be on a cruise, I would still get up early because I think my body was wired to do so, and even when on vacation/cruise , I would still get up early the first few mornings, and would really love that early morning cruise ship feel. Sun just starting to come up, very few people around, but I was always able to find a cup of java up on lido around 6 or 7 am or so.

last cruise, I was retired about a year, and had become accustomed to sleeping till I wanted to get up without an alarm, and even then, was up by 7, or 7.30 am, just about an hour later, but as the week went by, slept later, and some days got up at 8am! and then realised how much I missed getting up early and seeing the sun rise.

On Cruises when it is warm or not frigid cold I go out about 5am on the balcony and listen to my radio (I don't care if I can't understand plus the music cool) watch other ships go by and look at the lights on the Coast of other Countries. Then lay a towel on the balcony floor and do Yoga and my Push Ups as the Sun comes up. Favorite Moment was on The East China Sea (Ovations of The Sea RCL) while doing my exercises at sunrise a Korean Fishing Boat goes by and the fellow old early bird guy on that boat was doing his morning workout too, we both laughed and waved to each other. "Brothers Forever" These are the little moments that keep me signing up for future Cruises.

We are early risers and sometimes find ourselves among the "few" at that time. Our cruises out of Long Beach were much more dramatically so then others. I guess this on the west coast get up later......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps my favorite time of the day. We routinely order room service via our door tag to serve as our wake up alarm. Coffee and maybe a bagel. Nothing better than putting on shorts/shirt and taking an early morning walk as the light comes up.

My favorite time of day too. I naturally awaken very early. Call room service which is very quick at that time of day, and take my coffee to whichever side of the ship will have a view of the sunrise.

Most mornings it's like having the largest private balcony imaginable with the best view in the world. It's what I miss the most when I get back home.

Perhaps my favorite time of the day. We routinely order room service via our door tag to serve as our wake up alarm. Coffee and maybe a bagel. Nothing better than putting on shorts/shirt and taking an early morning walk as the light comes up.

My girlfriend & I regularly walk for exercise (gotta get those 10,000 steps in a day..lol!) and this is one thing we cannot wait to do on Vista!

Glad to hear others get up early as well. Thanks for sharing your stories. Now that we have (lame) daylight savings I will have to wait for the sunrise til 7, but can still walk around and get my exercise and have the boat pretty much to myself. Unless the secret is out!

Three years ago, on the Carnival LA-Baja "booze cruise" I got up early and went above decks. Aside from some crew members I saw no one and walked around this seemingly empty ship all by myself. I highly recommend it. It's really neat and also a little spooky. Also got to watch the ship pull into port which was cool. I could not find any coffee, however. It was about 6. Does anyone know where I might find coffee at that hour on the Carnival Inspiration? I eventually found some around 7 when the buffet coffee got going. This time, I will ask someone beforehand but thought maybe you guys might know. Thanks!

You may have to go from one buffet coffee station to another, but eventually you'll find coffee 24/7 somewhere on the ship. I enjoy early morning coffee too and also love walking the seemingly "abandoned" ship early in the morning watching the floors being scrubbed and polished, dishes banging in the kitchens, etc. A very live experience. :)