mini bar elite perk question

cibaygirls

If you are Elite and in a Suite, do you get a double mini bar set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always received two mini-bars when sailing as an Elite in a Suite. Sometimes only one is there at embarkation and I have to ask for the other one from room service. That is not a problem, since I'm always changing out things anyway.

I wish they had the little bottles of rum.

SECONDED!

I can never figure why Rum isn't an option. Nothing says "Caribbean" like Rum and let's see, I think Princess has a bit of a presence in the Caribbean. Then when talking about "being at sea" let's ask the Navy which type of alcohol comes to mind.

I can only assume that in world wide popularity Rum is way down the list but don't really know if that is true. I only know that Orincess needs some mini bottles of Myers Rum like they sell in the shops onboard.

I have asked room service if we could swap our 8 mini alcohol bottles (400 ml total) for one of the 375 ml room service bottles. The person checked with someone who said yes, no problem but presumably that decision could go either way. I didn't go ahead as the only choice was Bacardi white which IMHO is barely RUM!

AE_Collector

SECONDED!

I can only assume that in world wide popularity Rum is way down the list but don't really know if that is true. I only know that Orincess needs some mini bottles of Myers Rum like they sell in the shops onboard.

AE_Collector

Rum seems so basic to me. Everyone likes rum! Are the little bottles they sell of Myers Rum ridiculously expensive?

I don't drink alcohol, soda or coffee. When I make it to elite can I swap the minibar for coffee cards and use it for other things? I seem to remember that they are good for gelato and hot chocolate. I checked on my onboard reservations are at princess.com and the description only mentioned coffee and tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't drink alcohol, soda or coffee. When I make it to elite can I swap the minibar for coffee cards and use it for other things? I seem to remember that they are good for gelato and hot chocolate. I checked on my onboard reservations are at princess.com and the description only mentioned coffee and tea.

You can use your coffee cards for gelato. They will punch your coffee card for just the gelato and specialty coffee only. Your brewed coffee & hot chocolate do not require any punches to your coffee card.

Tony

Rum seems so basic to me. Everyone likes rum! Are the little bottles they sell of Myers Rum ridiculously expensive?

Oh sorry, I wasn't completely clear there. They sell the 1 Liter bottles of Myers in the duty free shop onboard.

Since they deal with Myers, I was wishing that they would consider purchasing the little 50ml bottles of Myers Rum to have as a Mini Bar option. Even if not regularly included in the Mini Bar selection to have it as an option to swap for would be wonderful.

AE_Collector

I think that using punches for Gelato is only on some ships. I have asked on a couple of different ships and was told no, I had to charge it to my cruise card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The menu at Gelato on the a Royal and Regal specifically state that one punch can be used to purchase the ice cream at Gelato. The three ships with gelato at the IC, the Crown, Emerald and Regal, only charge $1.50 for three scoops and there are only sporadic posts saying people have been successful using a punch worth $2.38 for the gelato at the IC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

SECONDED!

I can never figure why Rum isn't an option. Nothing says "Caribbean" like Rum and let's see, I think Princess has a bit of a presence in the Caribbean. Then when talking about "being at sea" let's ask the Navy which type of alcohol comes to mind.

I can only assume that in world wide popularity Rum is way down the list but don't really know if that is true. AE_Collector

You can't convince me that more people drink cognac than rum--I also miss the rum.

I am very surprised that Rum isn't one of the mini bar items....bordering on SHOCKED!

If anyone would be happy with Bacardi white or Cruzan Rum, try asking Room Service for swap of 8 mini bottles to a .375 of Rum. It seems to be up to the boss at room service but since they supply both items they may say okay. They did the one time I asked. If this happened frequently maybe they would re-evaluate the offerings.

AE_Collector

We are elite and will have the AIPB on our cruise in October. If I switch out all my items for a bottle of wine, can I take that bottle to the MDR and give it to a table mate? If it is a bottle from onboard, will there be a corkage fee?

We are elite and will have the AIPB on our cruise in October. If I switch out all my items for a bottle of wine, can I take that bottle to the MDR and give it to a table mate? If it is a bottle from onboard, will there be a corkage fee?

No charge. It's their wine.

Now if you took your wine to the table you would have to bring it by the glass, to avoid a charge.

No charge. It's their wine.

Now if you took your wine to the table you would have to bring it by the glass, to avoid a charge.

I've taken Princess' complimentary wine to the MDR and never was charged.