Cruising September vs May

HMH G

Hello cruise friends,

Thanks for always being so helpful!

I am booking a cruise for our family and extended family out of Galveston on the Liberty of the Seas, and am looking either cruising NEXT April or May (2018:loudcry:) OR September 3rd ish of this year.

Experienced cruisers, which timing would YOU pick???

Is "hurricane season" in full swing already by September? Is this a big concern? Which month has nicer weather?

Hello cruise friends,

Thanks for always being so helpful!

I am booking a cruise for our family and extended family out of Galveston on the Liberty of the Seas, and am looking either cruising NEXT April or May (2018:loudcry:) OR September 3rd ish of this year.

Experienced cruisers, which timing would YOU pick???

Is "hurricane season" in full swing already by September? Is this a big concern? Which month has nicer weather?

Hi there! Go both times! Just kidding. Yes, September is in hurricane season, however, I've never had an issue when it comes to the weather. We are Floridians and like to cruise in Sept and Oct. It's off season and less expensive. Both May and Sept are nice times to cruise, mostly because there are less kids on the ships when school is in session. You should be fine with any of those months - I'd just avoid Easter week. Have fun!