Taxi from Miami to Cruise Port

Patty1028

Hi,

We are cruising on April 16th from Ft. Lauderdale but flying in to Miami on April 15th as we could get a non stop flight to there. We booked a room in Ft. Lauderdale for the 15th. Wondering what it will cost for a taxi from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Has anyone else did this? Will it be easy to get a taxi in the evening? We don't arrive until 8:30 pm in Miami. Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Patty

Larry's Limo is $70 Mia to Pt Everglades. I live in Broward and use them all the time. Sorry, I do not like Uber or Lift business model. Uncomfortable with their background checks and insurance requirements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Larry's Limo is $70 Mia to Pt Everglades. I live in Broward and use them all the time. Sorry, I do not like Uber or Lift business model. Uncomfortable with their background checks and insurance requirements.

We need transportation from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale International when we disembark. Do you know if this is possible and the cost? I checked with a couple of limo services (not this one) and it was anywhere from $150 to $195 for 6 of us in a van-type vehicle. Cheapest way we have found is SAS.

I have taken Uber from POM to hotels in North Ft. Lauderdale, two people, three suitcases, from $35 to $42. There would be no problem calling one at that hour in the evening. We'd had it with rude cab drivers who would only take cash..

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with the cabs in Miami (and I live in north Miami). We uber all the time to downtown. Cab drivers are hurting for work and every once in a while you will see an altercation between a cab driver and an uber driver.

We need transportation from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale International when we disembark. Do you know if this is possible and the cost? I checked with a couple of limo services (not this one) and it was anywhere from $150 to $195 for 6 of us in a van-type vehicle. Cheapest way we have found is SAS.

07b60fbf635e1ae6bef20e91396ca964.jpg

i booked Supershuttle from MIA airport to a FLL hotel and it was $60 total for two of us. seemed to be the most cost effective way to get there vs taxi.

An Uber X car from the Embassy Suites (17th Street, Ft Lauderdale) to the Port of Miami cost us $33 and was a wonderful ride. We waited about 3 minutes for our driver (after summoning on the Uber app) and had a fascinating conversation with our driver.

Hank

Just did the same thing last month. We flew into Miami and needed to get to Ft.Lauderdale.

Used Lyft ( just like Uber) $37.00 for the two of us. Took him literally 3 minutes to get to us. Dropped us off right where we needed to be.

It was SO easy. We download the app. before we left. The day of departure getting off the ship we requested one again. It took him maybe 5 minutes. I was watching all the people stand there in the hot sun waiting for a shuttle and I thought,"thank goodness" we didn't have to.

We stayed in South Beach for the night. I believe that was like $38.00 from the terminal to our hotel.

This is easy, and no extra time involved waiting on a shuttle and cheap!

A taxi from Ft. Laud to Miami is almost $100....so you will want to look for other options. Google SAS Transportation.

Incorrect info (again)

SAS Transportation does NOT go to or from the Miami airport. It will transport you from POA (port of Miami) and possibly from a Miami hotel, although I am not absolutely sure about the latter. There are probably other shuttle services that will take you from the Miami airport to the port in FT. Laud., but I don't know any offhand. Good Luck!:)

I see there are other suggestions for shuttle services. Hope you find something that works for you!

Edited by Rala
additional info

We have used SAS for this trip on a couple of occasions. Good service, comfortable vans, no complaints. They are prompt and efficient and affordable.:)