bed sheet change frequency

I feel that the way things seem to be going lately, its hard to tell what is "normal" to expect any more

For example, the third person in my cabin was sleeping on a folded down sofa. This sofa stayed in the bed position for the whole fortnight. I suppose if wanted it turned into a sofa for daytimes badly enough I could have asked - but I can remember also when the steward was not expected to turn a room on their own and they used to have an assistant.

Personally, I would expect sheet changes on the 7th day. I don't change my bedding at home that regularly, but you know if I had staff (or a mum looking after me ;p) , that's what I would want for sure!!! - probably as part of their "Sunday" routine...

You put an ink dot on someone else's sheets? :o Wow.

Sometimes (actually a lot of times) I think people say things just to get reaction. There are many reactive people on this forum.;)

We don't reuse our towels at home so we are definitely not going to reuse them while vacationing.

I don't judge those who do reuse towels...

im curious about the logistics. do you have enough for X days a week and let them pile up or wash them every day

im curious about the logistics. do you have enough for X days a week and let them pile up or wash them every day

I'm going to answer this one. I'm a linen junkie and have enough towels to open a store. I also have 14 sets of sheets.

Carr the Floorwalker in Cool Hand Luke:

"You get two sheets. Every Saturday, you put the clean sheet on the top... the top sheet on the bottom... and the bottom sheet you turn in to the laundry boy. Any man turns in the wrong sheet spends a night in the box."

Washing towels too often ruins their absorbency as well. Face towels/cloths used for washing obv. are a different story, but a towel used purely for drying purposes I think can be used a bit more??

Washing towels too often doesn't ruin their absorbency but using fabric softener lessens towels absorbency because it leaves a coating on the towels.

How do you mark the bathroom, they know

setsail, This is almost not funny to me. I worked at a hotel several years ago and found the maids using the same scrungy pad to clean the glasses, sink, tub and toilet. I thought I was going to puke. I alerted the housekeeping manager and she told me the housekeeping dishwasher was broken and the kitchen did not have time to wash the glasses in their dishwasher. Since that time I always bring paper cups with me when I visit hotels.

We have 3 full bathrooms for the two of us so have plenty of bath towels :)

However to answer your question, I typically wash towels - bath, hand, washcloths, kitchen towels every other day - during the time we have discounted electricity :cool:

Hi [emoji3]

I know they will change your towels if you drop them on the floor but do you know if they ever change your bed sheets in a week long cruise?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They change them when you leave.

I'm on the Allure of the seas now. We left Sunday and room stewards are changing the sheets today ( Wednesday).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's been my experience too. Sheet changes midweek on seven day cruise. This year I've been on Allure twice and Equinox once; same thing.