bed sheet change frequency

I actually make a tiny tiny mark on them by the stitching, I know if/when mine have been changed. Trick I learned after traveling on the road living in Hotels for 25+ yrs...and yes my Ex-wife called me Anal.

How do you mark the bathroom, they know

pressed sheets? do they do that on the ship. i cannot imagine even automated how long that would take.

and even at home i dont understand why anyone would do that since upon sitting your butt on them they instantly get unpressed..

Why in the world would anyone need them changed during the week? Unless you (or your child) peed the bed, or you are an excessive sweater, or go to bed dirty, why would you change your sheets during the week at all? That's so wasteful, I hope they don't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its called preference. Some people actually wash or change their sheets that often. It doesnt have to be dirty or soiled or any of the above reasons. I dont think thats wasteful at all. Wasteful is throwing out sheets when theyre still usable.

I dont change my sheets or wash my sheets weekly, but some people do. But I do like the smell of fresh laundry.

pressed sheets? do they do that on the ship. i cannot imagine even automated how long that would take.

and even at home i dont understand why anyone would do that since upon sitting your butt on them they instantly get unpressed..

The ships do have machines that roll/iron the sheets and fold them...

US ARMY retired, use to have clean EVERYTHING EVERY DAY, we even would take off the Fridge seal to clean it. Funny thing is as I got up in rank and was traveling staying on different ARMY posts they had civilian maids that would come in and clean my room for me... As I said earlier, comes to cleaning my Ex calls me Anal...

Its called preference. Some people actually wash or change their sheets that often. It doesnt have to be dirty or soiled or any of the above reasons. I dont think thats wasteful at all. Wasteful is throwing out sheets when theyre still usable.

I dont change my sheets or wash my sheets weekly, but some people do. But I do like the smell of fresh laundry.

That's a lot of unnecessary water and power usage. Potable water, both onboard a ship and in the wider world, isn't an unlimited resource. And further desalination of water and production of power aboard the vessel would increase its harmful emissions.

Hence daily changing of sheets is wasteful.

There are signs in all rooms explaining the (theoretical) efforts by Royal to save the waves and protect the environment. Every guest who requests fresh linen every day and fresh towels even twice a day proves that he does not care. It does not matter to our environment if someone is on vacation or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's a lot of unnecessary water and power usage. Potable water, both onboard a ship and in the wider world, isn't an unlimited resource. And further desalination of water and production of power aboard the vessel would increase its harmful emissions.

Hence daily changing of sheets is wasteful.

I never mentioned daily, I mentioned weekly.

Funny...I did forget to mention since I get up so early, workout, shower and eat all before room steward comes I make my own bed and put the most sea days. Haven't figured out reason is if was raised right or 20+ yrs in ARMY...

Really now? Not wasting water, detergent, please!....:rolleyes:

No what you mentioned was some peoples preference to wash sheets daily and that is wasteful, period.

No I think I know what I said, you just quoted me in the above post about them being washed weekly. I mentioned about them being washed weekly, nowhere did I mentioned about them being washed daily.

What people do with their lives is their preference, and I'm not one to judge.

Id be surprised if it was the norm for people to change/wash their sheets more than once a week. I wash mine at home once a week, sometimes less, and when I've mentioned that to other people they think I'm insane and tell me they do it once a month. That's a small sample obviously, but if it's so common for people to change their sheets that often, I'd think I would have met at least one person that says they wash their sheets every 2 or 3 days by now. Why would a cruise ship cater to such a small population of people by changing sheets every day or two, which is hugely wasteful of water and other resources & totally unnecessary for being clean, instead of just waiting for those two or 10 rooms to request it. Anyone who says they require someone else to wash and change their sheets because they smell and feel different is unlikely to be taking that much effort on their own at home [emoji57]

Id be surprised if it was the norm for people to change/wash their sheets more than once a week. I wash mine at home once a week, sometimes less, and when I've mentioned that to other people they think I'm insane and tell me they do it once a month. That's a small sample obviously, but if it's so common for people to change their sheets that often, I'd think I would have met at least one person that says they wash their sheets every 2 or 3 days by now. Why would a cruise ship cater to such a small population of people by changing sheets every day or two, which is hugely wasteful of water and other resources & totally unnecessary for being clean, instead of just waiting for those two or 10 rooms to request it. Anyone who says they require someone else to wash and change their sheets because they smell and feel different is unlikely to be taking that much effort on their own at home [emoji57]

I'm referring to washing them weekly.

When I'm talking frequent, I'm thinking weekly. I dont wash mine weekly thats for sure, because its basically a full day's job to do that with the many layers of sheets. I dont expect my sheets changed during vacation daily either or weekly. We are going on a 12 day cruise and as long as its changed from the last guests, I'm completely fine with that.

No I think I know what I said, you just quoted me in the above post about them being washed weekly. I mentioned about them being washed weekly, nowhere did I mentioned about them being washed daily.

Your post about preference actually quoted a post discussing changing them MID week. As in, not weekly, but more often. And you said it was preference.

This is what you quoted.

"Why in the world would anyone need them changed during the week? ....why would you change your sheets during the week at all? That's so wasteful, I hope they don't do that."

And the person you've been going back and forth with is the person that wrote that (about changes more often than weekly), so I'm sure she thought that's what you were saying was simply down to preference.

Your post about preference actually quoted a post discussing changing them MID week. As in, not weekly, but more often. And you said it was preference.

This is what you quoted.

"Why in the world would anyone need them changed during the week? ....why would you change your sheets during the week at all? That's so wasteful, I hope they don't do that."

And the person you've been going back and forth with is the person that wrote that (about changes more often than weekly), so I'm sure she thought that's what you were saying was simply down to preference.

Well I'm referring to weekly. In that very same post I mentioned about them being changed weekly. I am telling you right now that I'm referring to them being changed weekly.

Well I'm referring to weekly. In that very same post I mentioned about them being changed weekly. I am telling you right now that I'm referring to them being changed weekly.

The original post and the subsequent discussion was about people wanting them to change their sheets during their 1 week vacation, that's what we (I) am talking about when referring to being wasteful.

The original post and the subsequent discussion was about people wanting them to change their sheets during their 1 week vacation, that's what we (I) am talking about when referring to being wasteful.

I see. Then I totally agree with you. Changing them mid week would make no sense.

Cruised on Oasis 2 weeks ago. My wife noticed a small spot on the sheet day one; it was still there when we left ship 7 days later. They'll change if requested, but it depends on attendant as to whether it will get done mid-week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why if you shower night and morning would you want your sheets changed every day do you do that at home, I know I don't. These members of crew have enough to do without changing every cabins linen everyday!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums