ETA from port in Long Beach to LB Airport

Tucker in Texas

Princess doesn't dock in Long Beach. It docks in San Pedro, Los Angeles. Make sure you are aware of where your ship docks before making any flight plans.

Most ships start disembarkation at about 8am in San Pedro. You should do self-disembarkation and be among the first walk-off groups. It'll take 15-20 minutes to walk off and go through Immigration and Customs. It'll probably take about half an hour to get to Long Beach airport, depending on traffic. That puts you at check in at 9am at the earliest. Doable but IMHO, tight.

If these are your only options, I'd check flight times out of LAX. A little bit further but a lot more flight options.

We are booked on a 12:05 flight out of LAX. We are due to port at 7:00 AM. When I enter the flight info into the cruise personalizer I get a message in red stating there is a problem as my flight leaves too early to be able to make it in time. We're keeping the flight as many people here have said it is highly unlikely there will be an issue as long as we disembark early. A 10:00 flight is something that would worry me. In FLL it's a different story but LA traffic can make a trip that is short in miles into a trip that is long as far as time goes.

Princess doesn't dock in Long Beach. It docks in San Pedro, Los Angeles. Make sure you are aware of where your ship docks before making any flight plans.

Most ships start disembarkation at about 8am in San Pedro. You should do self-disembarkation and be among the first walk-off groups. It'll take 15-20 minutes to walk off and go through Immigration and Customs. It'll probably take about half an hour to get to Long Beach airport, depending on traffic. That puts you at check in at 9am at the earliest. Doable but IMHO, tight.

If these are your only options, I'd check flight times out of LAX. A little bit further but a lot more flight options.

Thank everyone for their responses. I'm aware the airport is in Long Beach and disembarkation is in San Pedro--used to live in Orange County. While I can catch a flight out of LB at 1:30, my sister who is with me but going to DC will either have to make the 10:30 one or wait overnight which is the direction we were looking at.

If we go out of LAX, we would have to pay transport up there--$25 each, luggage $25 each (we are on SWA going out--bags fly free) which adds up to $100 for both of us and we can get a hotel room in Long Beach for about that same amount of money without having the hassle to going up to Los Angeles. I guess it will depend on whether we have more time than money (lol).

Tucker in Texas

What ever you do, do not use Yellow Cab. They are ripoffs. It normally takes 30 min.to go from Long Beach Airport to San Pedro. On our last cruise the cab driver headed out on 405 west and instead of going south on the 710 to the Seaside Fwy.which drops you right at the port, he drove all the way to the 110 south which doubled the miles. That cab ride cost us $70.00! Took UBER back after the cruise. $18.00!