Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Hello. This is fun! We've booked Alaska July 7, 2018, balcony and a studio for our adult daughter, and got aft cabin for Panama Canal November 3, 2018. Took the inaugural Escape transatlantic which sold us on this ship.

They have the ability to open but they shouldn't be opened. The dividers serve a purpose of helping to prevent/lessen the spread of a potential fire.

That said, some room stewards will open them, anyway.

Why would you even HAVE them if that is their purpose?

Not much (new) to see on this partial pool deck block on the foreground;

18947879_1220122731444345_1226312393932406784_n.jpg

There's a cut out for the main pool I think, looks like a bend or circular shape edge to me, at least it's not a square?

n_r1ZVIuROa9W798nh7o7A.png

Looks like it to me. Bliss will have a totally new pool deck layout design (much improved over the Breakaway/Escape) so will be neat to see how it comes together.

Hello. This is fun! We've booked Alaska July 7, 2018, balcony and a studio for our adult daughter, and got aft cabin for Panama Canal November 3, 2018. Took the inaugural Escape transatlantic which sold us on this ship.

Will see you on the Nov 3 2018, there is already a very active roll call. Events and all

Stephanie

Why would you even HAVE them if that is their purpose?

In simple terms, they are closed to prevent/lessen the spread of fire. If there is a fire, the firefighters can "attack" the fire and get from one balcony to the next by opening the dividers.

The opening of dividers for cleaning is a bonus. The maintenance crew is supposed to close the dividers once the work is done. The dividers are not meant to be used so neighboring guests can double the size of the balcony....even though some stewards will open them for that very reason.

The chief engineer who posts here will explain it better, eventually.

Woohoo! Love the idea the go-carts could be coming to the North American market! :) Keep those photos coming! Float out of the block according to Meyer Wreft is scheduled for tomorrow.[/

Is there anyway to see the block's float out online (such as You Tube live)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there anyway to see the block's float out online (such as You Tube live)?

Sometimes Meyer Werft broadcasts but it's usually not done live on floating out of sections but rather the whole ship. There are usually videos shortly after the float out is complete YouTube posted by several different fans of the ship yard and the cruise line who camp out to witness such events. :)

Here's Joy in a similar stage of construction, with a red arrow at the ramp, also visible are the black support poles;

zls6PDVAQS6Fs673It1vkQ.png

edit; source: http://davidaltrath.com/meyer-werft with some hi-res shots of Joy under construction, showcasing the size of the large building hall!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Sometimes Meyer Werft broadcasts but it's usually not done live on floating out of sections but rather the whole ship. There are usually videos shortly after the float out is complete YouTube posted by several different fans of the ship yard and the cruise line who camp out to witness such events. :)

Thanks for the info. I had always wondered about that. [emoji846]

Right... I just didn't know if this shot offered a concrete clue... different angle, more natural light (door open?). Plus... an updated shot two days in a row.

Sorry, was a misunderstanding...

I checked the Meyer Werft website but didn't get much of an explanation of what happens to that block next? Does it just sit outside tied to a dock while the next one is built? The reason that this wrapped in plastic?

I checked the Meyer Werft website but didn't get much of an explanation of what happens to that block next? Does it just sit outside tied to a dock while the next one is built? The reason that this wrapped in plastic?

Based on previous ships it will sit outside until the World Dream floats out.