Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

The building hall has space for one whole ship and one block. So usually when one block is finished it´s pulled out into the wharf basin and sits there til the next finished ship is coming out of the hall. The first block makes space for the second block. So first the second block has to be pulled out and then the new ship can be pulled out. After the new ship is outside the two blocks go back into the hall to be finished as the next new ship... meanwhile another first block is being built in front of it... and so on... I think they are doing it like this since Quantum of the Seas.

steamboats

Right... I just didn't know if this shot offered a concrete clue... different angle, more natural light (door open?). Plus... an updated shot two days in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Different angle and indeed the large door open. Not sure why they went for a different angle and an update, maybe FDR is reading along and disliked your scoop. :)

Bliss showed up on a search for Fall 2018 Panama Canal cruises.

I'm wondering how much outside viewing space there will be. I see Escape has a promenade on deck7, partially obstructed by lifeboats, will we have to go up way high for other outside viewing?

Bliss showed up on a search for Fall 2018 Panama Canal cruises.

I'm wondering how much outside viewing space there will be. I see Escape has a promenade on deck7, partially obstructed by lifeboats, will we have to go up way high for other outside viewing?

The breakaway(+) class ships have a waterfront that goes most of the way around the ship on the Deck 8. It's not technically the promenade deck , but serves that function.

Here´s a
of the first mega block coming out of the building hall. You can see parts of the name on the side.I´m not sure whether the structure on the top is a rope course or a cart track.

steamboats

That is an amazing video...you were so close! Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found out how and where the track will be longer! :)

UvHcI1QOQH2N0S70cRwPRQ.png

It seems that it will bend out over the side of the ship at the point of the red circle, this must the cantilevered curve FDR spoke out of turn over that. Probably sacrificing some deck space between the race track and the small funnel where Joy had a rock climbing wall on it's render (edit; I assumed that wall made it to final but apparently not..)

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Hi all. We just started looking at the Bliss sailing in May throught the Canal. I have not read all the postings but I have a couple of concerns. Our last NCL was Escape last Oct. and we were VERY disappointed. The nickle and dimed (dollared) us. We had a mid ship balcony mini suite and the only difference between a normal balcony was the length. The extra space was in the bathroom, which was nice, but not paying extra for. (We had a deal?)

I would think NCL would put out the red carpet for this inaugrial sailing of the Bliss. The BIG concerns are "will the ship be ready?, Will the shake down cruise to Miami find all the squeaks and creaks?"

What are the CC thoughts?

Hi all. We just started looking at the Bliss sailing in May throught the Canal. I have not read all the postings but I have a couple of concerns. Our last NCL was Escape last Oct. and we were VERY disappointed. The nickle and dimed (dollared) us.

Just got off the Escape two weeks ago and didn't find the nickle and dining was any more or different than most of my other cruises. Which part did you find it the most? I'm not saying there wasn't any just nothing above and beyond what I have come to expect on cruises.

We had a mid ship balcony mini suite and the only difference between a normal balcony was the length. The extra space was in the bathroom, which was nice, but not paying extra for. (We had a deal?)

I would think NCL would put out the red carpet for this inaugrial sailing of the Bliss. The BIG concerns are "will the ship be ready?, Will the shake down cruise to Miami find all the squeaks and creaks?"

What are the CC thoughts?

Some of the mini suites we saw had much larger balconies than our standard balcony on the Escape. Mini suites should really be viewed as deluxe balcony cabins.

I'm booked on the Bliss Panama Canal and Meyer Werft has a great reputation of ships coming out on time and ready to go. If something isn't quite ready they have the the time before the Panama cruise to work it out. I'm with a big group going who has gone on the inaugural TA of all the recent ships going back to the Jewel and the only ship that really wasn't ready was the Epic and that was not from Meyer Werft. I wouldn't worry!

Just got off the Escape two weeks ago and didn't find the nickle and dining was any more or different than most of my other cruises. Which part did you find it the most? I'm not saying there wasn't any just nothing above and beyond what I have come to expect on cruises.

Some of the mini suites we saw had much larger balconies than our standard balcony on the Escape. Mini suites should really be viewed as deluxe balcony cabins.

I'm booked on the Bliss Panama Canal and Meyer Werft has a great reputation of ships coming out on time and ready to go. If something isn't quite ready they have the the time before the Panama cruise to work it out. I'm with a big group going who has gone on the inaugural TA of all the recent ships going back to the Jewel and the only ship that really wasn't ready was the Epic and that was not from Meyer Werft. I wouldn't worry!

Will be a hoot! Not worried about the ship being ready on time...expect any issues to be ironed out by the time the Aussies take the inaugural go kart championship!

Some of the mini-suites have the same balcony as a standard balcony. Some have a larger balcony. It depends on which mini-suites are booked.

Are there still going to be water sliides on the Bliss or is the racetrack taking that space?

I think it's safe to assume that the Bliss will have a couple water slides. The Joy (with racetrack) has a couple of them. If the Bliss was purely a cooler-climate ship I wouldn't be so sure... but it'll be doing Miami & Mex Riviera cruises as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums