Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

My issue is that these are the only real "activities" aside from the pool (at least that I've seen). If there were other things to do, like mini golf, a ropes course, climbing wall, etc. than have a couple things for an upcharge wouldn't be a big deal. But, on an AK cruise, having an open air pool isn't necessarily going to be usable. Perhaps there are other activities on the ship and I just haven't seen them yet? I'd also say that with 3 kids, a 7 day cruise, $20 per day per kid is a LOT of money for something that should feel mostly all inclusive.

There’s water slides, also a kids club that’s great at keeping children entertained.

I’m glad there’s a charge for laser tag and go carts otherwise the line ups would prevent me from trying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Entertainment and times not even Available for the Transatlantic yet, Last I heard. My PCC said he would alert me when booking times are released for my June 2.

Does anybody else seem the least bit concerned about the fact that they have not opened up the shows for reservations yet. That is typically done 90 days out and they are still not out for the June 2nd cruise. I am on June 23rd, now within 90 days and I am getting the same info from my PCC. Seems odd that we are this close and there is still a question on the show details. Kind of frustrating that they were not out when the dinner reservations came out because it makes it very difficult to plan dining without show times, yet if you wait around for show times to come out all the good dinner times are gone. One worry about a new cruise is having all the bugs workout and appears to me we are having a bug on the show details.

While I do think that $5 is an acceptable amount to charge for the gocarts/laser tag I agree with the previous poster that there is not many free activities to enjoy with the family. A space with a sports court, or mini golf would have been nice.

I hope NCL considers a package deal like buy 5 games of laser tag, get your 6th free or SOMETHING. Especially for those that cruise with several kids.

Does anybody else seem the least bit concerned about the fact that they have not opened up the shows for reservations yet. That is typically done 90 days out and they are still not out for the June 2nd cruise.

Yes, I wonder what the hold up is??

Yes, I wonder what the hold up is??

Speculation is, that All of the performers are just going to be joining the ship, they probably have to sequence the timing of all the shows to set the times.

From experience, Even on trips that have been planned and scheduled , you get onboard and the schedules change.

I don't mind the charge if there is more to do like on the Joy. It looks like that ship has a whole virtual arcade.

Unfortunately, that doesn't exist on the Bliss. We would've liked it too.

My issue is that these are the only real "activities" aside from the pool (at least that I've seen). If there were other things to do, like mini golf, a ropes course, climbing wall, etc. than have a couple things for an upcharge wouldn't be a big deal. But, on an AK cruise, having an open air pool isn't necessarily going to be usable. Perhaps there are other activities on the ship and I just haven't seen them yet? I'd also say that with 3 kids, a 7 day cruise, $20 per day per kid is a LOT of money for something that should feel mostly all inclusive.

Well cruises have never been all inclusive. We started taking our kids cruising in the 1990's and budgeted them with $20 a day each and we had 3 kids. To be fair, our youngest was not all that into arcade games. She liked the night time parties that we paid $10 for each kid to go to. Because after 10pm, the kids club had parties that if you wanted your child to go, you had to pay.

Cruises were also much more expensive in the 90's than they are today.

Does anybody else seem the least bit concerned about the fact that they have not opened up the shows for reservations yet. That is typically done 90 days out and they are still not out for the June 2nd cruise. I am on June 23rd, now within 90 days and I am getting the same info from my PCC. Seems odd that we are this close and there is still a question on the show details. Kind of frustrating that they were not out when the dinner reservations came out because it makes it very difficult to plan dining without show times, yet if you wait around for show times to come out all the good dinner times are gone. One worry about a new cruise is having all the bugs workout and appears to me we are having a bug on the show details.

Nope doesn't worry me in the least

Another Bliss page, a crew member proclaimed no Glow party on the Bliss.

Say what??, I have my glow jewelry and wands packed for June already

With experienced staff in the Cruise director dept, I find this hard to believe

Well it started out as the "White Hot Party" than the "Glow Party" so it could just be a new edition and incorporate the last two somehow (like people still wore white cause it glowed under the black lights too)

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Well it started out as the "White Hot Party" than the "Glow Party" so it could just be a new edition and incorporate the last two somehow (like people still wore white cause it glowed under the black lights too)

He said no more, they will have NEW parties instead, Going to reach out to some contacts.

This Escape Ems Conveyance youtuve video does double duty. Gives us a preview of the upcoming Bliss Conveyance and at 1:43 minutes into the video you get a good look at the deck 8 angled balconies :)

I'm hoping someone can help me out here - I'm booked on the Bliss 6/2019 and I have one of these angled balconies booked #8738. DOES anyone know if the noise from the theater just below is really loud for these rooms? I do want some peace and quiet and I have read mixed reviews some say it is really loud and some say it is not. Also, I did see a YouTube video of this cabin and there is 2 loungers and 2 chairs on the deck - Do you know if that will stay the same as this is the same class ship as the Escape? PLEASE HELP ME - THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ;p It is going to be a long year form me....

Edited by Blissful Cruiser

There should be enough activities for your kids to do without even paying for the go karts or laser tag. If it was me I would tell them up front you can go once and that’s it, there is no way they need to go daily, but if you would like to pay for it than you now know the cost. If kids can’t find things that are included in the cruise cost to entertain them than that is unfortunate, I think that NCL has a very good kids/teen program to keep them entertained.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here - I'm booked on the Bliss 6/2019 and I have one of these angled balconies booked #8738. DOES anyone know if the noise from the theater just below is really loud for these rooms? I do want some peace and quiet and I have read mixed reviews some say it is really loud and some say it is not. Also, I did see a YouTube video of this cabin and there is 2 loungers and 2 chairs on the deck - Do you know if that will stay the same as this is the same class ship as the Escape? PLEASE HELP ME - THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ;p It is going to be a long year form me....

On the first day, if not already there, just ask for the setting/table/loungers you want and give a tip when it arrives at your satisfaction.

Hope I helped you to relax and think : Don't worry, be happy

Love Ya

There should be enough activities for your kids to do without even paying for the go karts or laser tag. If it was me I would tell them up front you can go once and that’s it, there is no way they need to go daily, but if you would like to pay for it than you now know the cost. If kids can’t find things that are included in the cruise cost to entertain them than that is unfortunate, I think that NCL has a very good kids/teen program to keep them entertained.

There is no place for the kids to simply run around or play a physical sport. Splash academy used the sport court with the kids many times on all other ships. Adults have the gym (which doesn’t allow children). Where are the kids and teenagers supposed to have physical play? Splash academy indoor space doesn’t allow for that and neither does Entourage.

On the Breakaway Dec 3, 2017, no glow party, but a white party and they were white bed flat sheets at the entrance of the H2O.

One given to each person.

On that white night, we were then all dressed up as Grece people in 100 before JC.

This was very fun since each and everyone had its own way to transform a white sheet into something wearable and "elegant".

We party and dance.

After many Glow Party (Escape, Epic, Getaway, etc...), I was happy to see something different and, should I say it ? No I won't

(whisper : more fun because of the sheets, everybody looked noble and ridiculous at the same time) Nice memories lol

Edited by Bambi_Smiley

I'm curious about why they're charging for the go-karts and the laser tag. When I booked originally, I wasn't aware of that. I became aware shortly after that they would likely be a charged thing. But, those are really the two main options on the ship for activities. There isn't much else. Why are they charging for the main activities? Is it really just a money grab? For crowd management, they could have made them reservation only, but still free. It's just another thing I have to factor into cost with a family of 5.

Frankly, I always assumed that they would charge. When you have something as flashy and elaborate as a go cart track and laser tag, you have to figure there’s going to be some sort of additional cost. NCL charges for the arcade games on board, so why wouldn’t they charge for these two new activities?

Frankly, I always assumed that they would charge. When you have something as flashy and elaborate as a go cart track and laser tag, you have to figure there’s going to be some sort of additional cost. NCL charges for the arcade games on board, so why wouldn’t they charge for these two new activities?

I seem to disagree... compared to the cost of the other ships going to the same intinerary, the Bliss is double the price.... the go-karts should be included in the fare!

On the first day, if not already there, just ask for the setting/table/loungers you want and give a tip when it arrives at your satisfaction.

Hope I helped you to relax and think : Don't worry, be happy

Love Ya

What about the noise from the theater below - Is this room going to hear it all? Thank you for the tip on requesting loungers - love this tread :)

I seem to disagree... compared to the cost of the other ships going to the same intinerary, the Bliss is double the price.... the go-karts should be included in the fare!

The RCI ship that has bumper cars doesn't charge for those. But again, it's not the fact that they're charging that bothers me, it's the fact that there aren't other activities available that are free. And, while I'm sure the kids clubs are good, I'm not looking to dump my kids in a club and not see them. It's a family vacation, so I'd like to spend time with them and do stuff. We'll be going to the Caribbean at Christmas on our first cruise and do plan on taking in all the activities on that Carnival ship together. I have no intention of canceling the AK trip because of the charges, but it's disappointing. I really wanted Ovation of the Seas (RCI) but their itinerary isn't good.