Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

What about the noise from the theater below - Is this room going to hear it all? Thank you for the tip on requesting loungers - love this tread :)

Nobody has been on The ship yet - I bet after the first cruise gets back someone may be able to answer your question -

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if this is old news for other sailings, but the description for Happy Hour has been updated for the Transatlantic:

d516f14343b9dcc20c2955e10b0e7a6c.jpg

Travel back in time to January 16, 1919 – the eve of the Prohibition era – for a rip roaring good time with the interactive show, Happy Hour Prohibition – The Musical. Set in world famous Madam Lulu’s New Orleans speakeasy, tantalizing madams will regale you with tales of bootleggers and some of the era’s most famous tunes that will have you dancing in the aisles. Savor five of your own Prohibition Era specialty cocktails, each with a modern twist, while enjoying an unforgettable night with Miss Lulu and her girls. Please note that this show is not suitable for children under 16.

I seem to disagree... compared to the cost of the other ships going to the same intinerary, the Bliss is double the price.... the go-karts should be included in the fare!

The Bliss is also a brand new ship, which means a higher fare to begin with. Demand to be on a new build is going to automatically drive up the cost.

The Bliss is also a brand new ship, which means a higher fare to begin with. Demand to be on a new build is going to automatically drive up the cost.

It is all supply and demand. There are many lines and ships that sail Alaska & the Caribbean. Once the newness wears off in a couple of years prices will fall in line with the other ships.

I personally decided to pay the premium because I wanted that brand new ship experience.

The RCI ship that has bumper cars doesn't charge for those. But again, it's not the fact that they're charging that bothers me, it's the fact that there aren't other activities available that are free. And, while I'm sure the kids clubs are good, I'm not looking to dump my kids in a club and not see them. It's a family vacation, so I'd like to spend time with them and do stuff. We'll be going to the Caribbean at Christmas on our first cruise and do plan on taking in all the activities on that Carnival ship together. I have no intention of canceling the AK trip because of the charges, but it's disappointing. I really wanted Ovation of the Seas (RCI) but their itinerary isn't good.

There will be things for you to do together. Maybe trivia, scavenger hunt, watch some of the other games, etc.. The Getaway had ping pong tables and it seems like there was some kind of game on part of the Waterfront. Maybe Bliss will have those too. The Royal Cruise we went on had shuffleboard.

Do you have any details on what will replace the Glow Party?

From NCL's press release about the ship:

"In line with its youth programming across the fleet, Norwegian Bliss will offer a wide range of family-friendly activities for guests to enjoy including family balloon twisting, interactive games and the Family Glow Party."

So, Glow Party is on.

Source: https://es.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-features-norwegian-bliss

I just watched a video on YouTube and the person stated that the interior cabins on the Norwegian Bliss have virtual oceanview screens. Is this correct? I hope so :)

I believe the virtual windows are only in the studio cabins.

You can find this information and more with a little exploration on NCL’s Bliss site.

That, and also the Alaskan cruises have higher fares, as do the Hawaiian cruises.

Does anybody else seem the least bit concerned about the fact that they have not opened up the shows for reservations yet. That is typically done 90 days out and they are still not out for the June 2nd cruise. I am on June 23rd, now within 90 days and I am getting the same info from my PCC. Seems odd that we are this close and there is still a question on the show details. Kind of frustrating that they were not out when the dinner reservations came out because it makes it very difficult to plan dining without show times, yet if you wait around for show times to come out all the good dinner times are gone. One worry about a new cruise is having all the bugs workout and appears to me we are having a bug on the show details.

This is totally different for me. This will be my first time on this size of a cruise ship so I have never booked shows or restaurant reservations in advance. With Pride of America, NCL Sun and Star, I made restaurant reservations the first day on the ship. I never even though about having to book shows.

That, and also the Alaskan cruises have higher fares, as do the Hawaiian cruises.

I actually chose the Bliss because I have sailed on Pearl 10 years ago, so this is an older ship now - I wanted a different ship; however, I just did a mock up on the Pearl to see what the cost would be compared to Bliss and the price difference was only $80 cheaper on the Pearl; however, I'm actually getting a better room (secret larger balcony) and a 4 person balcony (at a 3 person price, this is important because I have a 10 year old and he loves the bunk bed) vs. a 3 person on the Pearl. So I don't think the price is a big deal. NOW, the activities might be another topic ;)

I just watched a video on YouTube and the person stated that the interior cabins on the Norwegian Bliss have virtual oceanview screens. Is this correct? I hope so :)

I believe it’s for the solo cabins only but I may be wrong.

Are there any balcony cabins obstructed by life boats? when I look at exterior photos it doesnt appear there are but I may be missing this so thought I'd ask. I.wanna book a BX cabin so if none obstructed by the life boats this gives me peace of mind....thank you! :)

Are there any balcony cabins obstructed by life boats? when I look at exterior photos it doesnt appear there are but I may be missing this so thought I'd ask. I.wanna book a BX cabin so if none obstructed by the life boats this gives me peace of mind....thank you! :)

I'd be wary of deck 9 cabins as there's a roof/cover over the port & starboard waterfront on Deck 8.

For a majority of these deck 9 cabins you'll look out over that roof from your balcony instead of down

to the water. It appears from photos that the lifeboats are on deck 7 where there are no cabins at all.

Category BX denies you all the promotions... The promotions are valued much more than the price differential, (unless you don’t drink, don’t use the speciality restaurants, etc)... We’ve had 10, 11 & 12 deck balconies on the Breakaway class, never noticed any lifeboat obstructions...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question....do we have any idea if there are restaurants besides Ocean Blue that would be an additional charge when using the dining package??

Also - I’m guessing that Food Republic will be totally a la carte and not covered by the dining plan - like it is on the Escape??