Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Hmmm... Interesting. So they will actually let passengers wear masks at a party onboard?

I was on a different line with a costume party where they announced that masks that covered passengers faces were not allowed because of security reasons...

From the image in their social media post am I to assume that the theme is more of a traditional Venetian masquerade ball rather than Halloween style superhero costumes?

Hmmm... Interesting. So they will actually let passengers wear masks at a party onboard?

I was on a different line with a costume party where they announced that masks that covered passengers faces were not allowed because of security reasons...

From the image in their social media post am I to assume that the theme is more of a traditional Venetian masquerade ball rather than Halloween style superhero costumes?

I’ve never heard of any costume restrictions at any of the Halloween parties on NCL cruises before. I wouldn’t think it would be any different at Masquerade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve never heard of any costume restrictions at any of the Halloween parties on NCL cruises before. I wouldn’t think it would be any different at Masquerade.

On the Carnival Victory in February our charter had arranged a superhero costume party. Many people brought and wore elaborate “Comicon” quality costumes.

About one hour into the party the emcee came on stage and stated that Carnival Safety Officers told them that any masks that covered guests faces were not allowed and must be removed immediately. So much for superhero costumes!

So I was interested to see what NCLs policy was on this.

From the FAQ on the package

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: steakhouses, Churrascarias, French, Teppanyaki, Los Lobos, Q Steakhouse, Margaritaville at Sea and Italian restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

•  
  • Ocean Blue - $15 USD

• Bayamo - $15 USD

• Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway

• Sushi -$7 USD

• Raw Bar - $7 USD (Seafood Platter not included)

• Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

Room Service, Mini Bar, Food Republic and District Brewhouse, Specialty Items in the Asian restaurant, Hot Rock, a la carte items in the Main Dining Rooms, The Bake Shop items, The Bake Shop, O’ Sheehan’s Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages.

BTW

Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea

Your lost shaker of salt is right here in Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea. Savor signature items like the Cheeseburger in Paradise. Sip on a Who’s to Bla ...

•  
  • PRICE $14.95 USD

•  
  • Items on menu are individually priced. An 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment.

What’s this about a murder mystery lunch? Is this new or done on several ships?

What’s this about a murder mystery lunch? Is this new or done on several ships?

My sister, niece and nephew and I went to the murder mystery lunch on the Epic and it was fun. You have a set menu. The show was fun (it was some of the Second City people when they still had that). A bit of audience participation. And as it was near the end of the cruise, a lot of the inside jokes clicked with the audience. They’re not for everyone, but we had a nice time.

From NCL's press release about the ship:

"In line with its youth programming across the fleet, Norwegian Bliss will offer a wide range of family-friendly activities for guests to enjoy including family balloon twisting, interactive games and the Family Glow Party."

So, Glow Party is on.

Source: https://es.ncl.com/press-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-unveils-features-norwegian-bliss

There will be no glow party, they told me on the phone to bring the cowboy attributes and the caliente party would be somewhat alike but not just glow so the glow attributes can be used there if you would want to.

The Masquerade sounds SO fun. If I can't wear a mask guess I'll have to touch up on my face painting skills. For my Alaskan cruise. Yep. That just went on the to-do list.

We definitely need more info on the masquerade thing!

I m not good in face painting :loudcry::o

My sister, niece and nephew and I went to the murder mystery lunch on the Epic and it was fun. You have a set menu. The show was fun (it was some of the Second City people when they still had that). A bit of audience participation. And as it was near the end of the cruise, a lot of the inside jokes clicked with the audience. They’re not for everyone, but we had a nice time.

That sounds really fun. We’ll have to keep an eye for that that.

Many lines, including NCL, use facial recognition in their security video systems. They know who everyone is out and about in the public areas on their video monitoring screens. (Remember they take your photo at check in)

Masks would mess this up.

Policies could be change, but in this case it is being advertised by NCL. In your example it was a party planned by the group taking a charter.

It will be interesting to see if Masquerade sticks around or is cut down the road.

Many lines, including NCL, use facial recognition in their security video systems. They know who everyone is out and about in the public areas on their video monitoring screens. (Remember they take your photo at check in)

Masks would mess this up.

Policies could be change, but in this case it is being advertised by NCL. In your example it was a party planned by the group taking a charter.

It will be interesting to see if Masquerade sticks around or is cut down the road.

We were just on the Royal Princess, and they have a Mardi Gras party each sailing. They encourage mask wearing so much that they offered free mask making sessons three days on our sailing. I wonder if NCL will do something similar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey Doug, could you look into your crystal ball and tell me how many rooms remain for

the September 30, 2018 5 day Pacific Coastal cruise? Wish I knew where to look myself

and not bug you but alas...

Appreciate it bud!

No crystal ball... just a guy that enjoys good beer. More specifically - 191 beers, with only 13 of them being top shelf.

The Countdown is On! 35 days until Panama Canal Cruise! It's been a busy and stressful year and we need a break. The pics I've seen so far of Bliss looks awesome. Looking forward to hot days and warm nights, or is it the other way around? :evilsmile::halo:

No crystal ball... just a guy that enjoys good beer. More specifically - 191 beers, with only 13 of them being top shelf.

I like beer...should I just go and get one at market price or wait for an eBay deal? Decisions, decisions.

The Countdown is On! 35 days until Panama Canal Cruise! It's been a busy and stressful year and we need a break. The pics I've seen so far of Bliss looks awesome. Looking forward to hot days and warm nights, or is it the other way around? :evilsmile::halo:

Are you on the roll call for this one? I’m the thread-starter and we’ve been going strong for over a year. [emoji846]

Looking forward to the cruise as well. It’s been a long time coming!

First glimpse?

a3282affcef1cbc023bbcdae86aef68c.jpg

I’m probably the only fool to analyze a sign, but it does appear slightly different than the Escape version, where “CRAFT BEER” was narrower on the top line...

448dfebe2799a52f6de08bd294f7adc3.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut