Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Our first! We’re flying over on Wednesday, with one night in London before heading over to Southampton Friday morning. We have a pub gathering @ Duke of Wellington Friday night... and then a few hours of not sleeping before...

Doug, you really should maximize your sleep before the cruise as you know you won't get much on the new ship :D

Robert

Do places with land franchises usually have the same menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found only one restaurant with a similar name and its at the Houston Airport terminal E,

Q Texas BBQ Smokehouse

I am not sure if it has any association.

Also Michigan and Jakarta(Indonesia)

Most likely 'Q' is a frequently used abbreviation for BBQ by many people and places.

Edited by Whitefacekat

The Bliss Q Smokehouse menu

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Bliss%20Q%20Dinner%20Menu.pdf?token=AWzRh9RZGHuczPFHLP6gD3jemGM8Pgnt0b6QJg01gj4_0PSoEX-F-5EnCT0F4u_HEj6C6D3fehSlLmqjflR2YtXsWS7rNyB9G0HwLZ8i1AbYPj2vBNbf_Z4bpcc0w06vvWHZW37AQYkJD3I9fBRB0FB0

TEXAS TEASERS

TEX- MEX STYLE TORTILLA SOUP $3.99

DEVILED EGGS $2.99

Maple Sugar Glazed Bacon

LOADED FRIES $4.99

Melted Cheddar | Sour Cream | Green Onions | Jalapeños | Salsa

Please Choose: Q’s Chili or Pulled Pork

CHARCUTERIE PLANK $9.99

American Cured Hams | Prosciutto | Speck | Coppa | Salami | Beef Jerky | Spicy Pate |

Mixed Pickled Vegetables | Black & Green Olives | Grain Mustard | Baguette

Q’S CHOPPED SALAD $6.99

Q’s Smoked Turkey Breast | Lettuce | Tomato | Cucumber | Corn

Granny Smith Apple | Avocado | Blue Cheese

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES $3.99

Bacon | Red Pepper Jam | Butter Lettuce | Blue Cheese Crumbles

LONE STAR CHILI | TORTILLA CHIPS $5.99

Shredded Beef | Peppers | Jalapeño | Red Onions

Grated Cheddar Cheese | Sour Cream | Cilantro

TEXAN CRAB CAKES $7.99

Chilled Pimento Cream

CRISPY FRIED OKRA $3.99

Cajun Remoulade

PITMASTER

PLATTER

$24.99 1/4 lb of each: Brisket , Pork Spare Rib , Jalapeño and Cheese

Sausage , Smoked Chicken . Served with Cole Slaw | Chunky Potato Salad |

Pickles | Pinto or Barbecue Beans | Jalapeño Cheese Cornbread

FROM THE PIT

Served with Cole Slaw | Chunky Potato Salad | Pickles |

Pinto or Barbecue Beans | Jalapeño Cheese Cornbread

BEEF

BRISKET $14.99

BEEF SHORT RIBS $16.99

PORK

PULLED PORK $12.99

PORK SPARE RIBS $12.99

BIRD

TURKEY BREAST $13.99

1/2 CHICKEN $14.99

SAUSAGE

JALAPEÑO AND CHEESE

SMOKED SAUSAGE $12.99

BEEF AND PORK SMOKED SAUSAGE $11.99

FISH

BROILED CITRUS HONEY SALMON* $17.99

SIDES & SUCH $1.99

BARBECUE BAKED BEANS | CHUNKY POTATO SALAD

| CORN ON THE COBB | WAVY FRIES | GRATED COLE SLAW

| MAC N CHEESE | MIXED SALAD | ONION RINGS

| PICKLED JALAPEÑOS | PINTO BEANS | JALAPEÑO CHEESE GRITS SOUTHERN ROOTS

SWEET POTATO $1.99

Pecan Honey Butter | Cinnamon

CLASSIC BAKED POTATO $1.99

Butter | Sour Cream | Cheddar Cheese | Bacon | Green Onions

LONE STAR POTATO $3.99

Any Boneless Meat | Butter | Sour Cream | Cheddar Cheese | Bacon

Green Onions | Pinto Beans

Greetings

Looks like a lot of tasty things on the menu but I will have to say that most of us from the southern states would think the prices were high. Guess we have such great access to good Q that we may be spoiled.

Good Sailing

Tom

Embedding...

b670f337d735496e5685d4d7926078ef.jpg

So...trying to refresh my memory! This is where the Supper Club is on the Escape. So - there is no Supper Club on the Bliss?? It’s just another speciality restaurant??

Not sure we’d want it for dinner. Do we think it will do open for lunch - like Food Republic??

So...trying to refresh my memory! This is where the Supper Club is on the Escape. So - there is no Supper Club on the Bliss?? It’s just another speciality restaurant??

Yes, it displaces Supper Club.

Its not just another specialty restaurant - it’s a multi-use space. Apparently at some point the tables are cleared and it transforms into a live country-music venue (Camille Rae is the performer when Bliss launches this week). Once that concludes, it’s been said that a DJ can take over for what I assume is ongoing, uh, country line dancing?

The great part... much like the observation lounge & night-time go-karts, this new space has the potential to draw people for longer periods of time. It’ll be interesting to see how all of these additions & tweaks impact general crowd flow.

Yes, it displaces Supper Club.

Its not just another specialty restaurant - it’s a multi-use space. Apparently at some point the tables are cleared and it transforms into a live country-music venue (Camille Rae is the performer when Bliss launches this week). Once that concludes, it’s been said that a DJ can take over for what I assume is ongoing, uh, country line dancing?

The great part... much like the observation lounge & night-time go-karts, this new space has the potential to draw people for longer periods of time. It’ll be interesting to see how all of these additions & tweaks impact general crowd flow.

Thanks!!

I found only one restaurant with a similar name and its at the Houston Airport terminal E,

Q Texas BBQ Smokehouse

I am not sure if it has any association.

Also Michigan and Jakarta(Indonesia)

Most likely 'Q' is a frequently used abbreviation for BBQ by many people and places.

Thanks, I misunderstood reading yesterday. It looks like this menu is already specific to the Bliss which is what I wasn’t sure of.

The menu looks really good. Still though, if we do any specialty dining I’m inclined to go Modena. Who say resist the call of cheese bread (that I can eat!!) and roving meat?

Thanks, I misunderstood reading yesterday. It looks like this menu is already specific to the Bliss which is what I wasn’t sure of.

The menu looks really good. Still though, if we do any specialty dining I’m inclined to go Modena. Who say resist the call of cheese bread (that I can eat!!) and roving meat?

There is no Moderno anticipated on the Bliss. That location will be Los Lobos!

Forums6d44327e894521173f87b431981404f3.jpg

I will be missing Moderno!!!!! but also We gain Los Lobos which I really enjoyed on the Dawn, the custom tableside guac is wonderful

How would Q work with a Specialty Dining Package?

ala carte without the dining package, and if it as we have heard, like Cagneys, 1 Entree, and as many sides as you want, maybe one appetizer and 1 potato, but at Cagneys I many have had two appetizers without being charged extra. Cagneys always has Zero, after they total it up. I am wondering what takes Modernos place on the platinum dinners.

ala carte without the dining package, and if it as we have heard, like Cagneys, 1 Entree, and as many sides as you want, maybe one appetizer and 1 potato, but at Cagneys I many have had two appetizers without being charged extra. Cagneys always has Zero, after they total it up. I am wondering what takes Modernos place on the platinum dinners.

I heard Q somewhere but not sure if correct.

I will be sailing Bliss Sept 30 - first time on NCL - and I'm already confused with everything going on. This is going to be a big learning curve for me. I'm not used to having so many "paid" options and fear my bill at the end is going to be a bit of a shock! Looking forward to finding out, though!

I will be sailing Bliss Sept 30 - first time on NCL - and I'm already confused with everything going on. This is going to be a big learning curve for me. I'm not used to having so many "paid" options and fear my bill at the end is going to be a bit of a shock! Looking forward to finding out, though!

Step on board with UBP (beverage package) and SDP (dining package). Pick 3 specialty restaurants and go enjoy them. Stop by Food Republic for a la carte small plates. My on-board Account now is far less than it was 4 or 5 years ago. You just have to get over that learning curve!

Do not worry you have main dining rooms, buffet and a 24/7 venue ,

The buffet will have omelet stations in the morning, a pasta bar, where they make custom to order, Specialties, like Indian, and Asian selections. Watch the buffet schedule on the dailies, they should have a seafood night, and maybe other themed nights or themed luncheons. Also ask where the Crepe station is or what times.

and MDR Prime rib night is usually the last night on ships, ask which night on your voyage.

'the Local' the 24/7 restaurant is all free all the time for food. The 24/7 if it has frappes, sundaes and specialty coffees like its predecessor, they charge you extra.

Only one show so far has a fee, that is Prohibition at 19.99, which offers special drinks included as part of the show.

Jersey boys, Havana, Comedy, the Beetles/ Cavern club and more stage big shows are free....more entertainment than you can ever fit it is all free. Bars have piano players, singers, guitarists, the dailies list them

Depending on your perks you chose will determine what may cost extra, if you have the Beverage package, anything up to $15 is free you pay the difference if its more, soda is included. Small local tax fees in US ports on the way out

If you chose the dining package you get at least 3 included per 1st two in the cabin, except for Ocean Blue. You pay zero at the end of the meal with the package. $17 more if you go to Ocean Blue, the only venue with Lobster and crab and some nice premium fish.

If you are a Starbucks fan you pay as you go,

There are many ala carte food places, that could tempt you, Food Republic, Margaritaville, Coco (sweets and I think Gelato) hard and soft ice cream is at the Buffet anyway.

I went a full week where i only spent $38 extra, the difference of a charge from excursion vouchers.

Remember Daily grats are added daily, per person 14.50 up to balcony, a bit more for Haven. I prepaid my grats to start at zero.

hope this helps to make it stress free.

You are still outside of final payment you may be able to change your perks to fit your need. Always ask before you change them, so your existing fare doesn't change. If you change to Bev package it has a tips fee added. If you drink more than 2-3 drinks a day well worth it. Ala carte the Bev package to buy is $89 a day plus the tips added.

Doug & Whitekatface already made great suggestions! I suggest downloading the NCL app, you can see how much you are spending, in real time (good for hubby & I, to keep an eye on each others spending)

Do not worry you have main dining rooms, buffet and a 24/7 venue ,

The buffet will have omelet stations in the morning, a pasta bar, where they make custom to order, Specialties, like Indian, and Asian selections. Watch the buffet schedule on the dailies, they should have a seafood night, and maybe other themed nights or themed luncheons. Also ask where the Crepe station is or what times.

and MDR Prime rib night is usually the last night on ships, ask which night on your voyage.

'the Local' the 24/7 restaurant is all free all the time for food. The 24/7 if it has frappes, sundaes and specialty coffees like its predecessor, they charge you extra.

Only one show so far has a fee, that is Prohibition at 19.99, which offers special drinks included as part of the show.

Jersey boys, Havana, Comedy, the Beetles/ Cavern club and more stage big shows are free....more entertainment than you can ever fit it is all free. Bars have piano players, singers, guitarists, the dailies list them

Depending on your perks you chose will determine what may cost extra, if you have the Beverage package, anything up to $15 is free you pay the difference if its more, soda is included. Small local tax fees in US ports on the way out

If you chose the dining package you get at least 3 included per 1st two in the cabin, except for Ocean Blue. You pay zero at the end of the meal with the package. $17 more if you go to Ocean Blue, the only venue with Lobster and crab and some nice premium fish.

If you are a Starbucks fan you pay as you go,

There are many ala carte food places, that could tempt you, Food Republic, Margaritaville, Coco (sweets and I think Gelato) hard and soft ice cream is at the Buffet anyway.

I went a full week where i only spent $38 extra, the difference of a charge from excursion vouchers.

Remember Daily grats are added daily, per person 14.50 up to balcony, a bit more for Haven. I prepaid my grats to start at zero.

hope this helps to make it stress free.

You are still outside of final payment you may be able to change your perks to fit your need. Always ask before you change them, so your existing fare doesn't change. If you change to Bev package it has a tips fee added. If you drink more than 2-3 drinks a day well worth it. Ala carte the Bev package to buy is $89 a day plus the tips added.

I see only Lobster pot pie on new Ocean Blue menu.