Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Impressive results so far!

Haha!

Her: "But we get free drinks on Royal!"

Me: "umm, do you remember how much we spent on booze on the Escape?

Her: "I forget, how much?"

Me: "Exactly. You forgot. It rhymes with HERO. All drinks were included".

Her: "oh"

Hey Yorkvillian!

We just booked her for Sept 2018 Alaska aft balcony! Cannot wait!

Except I have to so we can transfer to the 2019 schedule. I was told when I booked this morning to get the half price deposits that the new schedule would be out any day....so waiting for the agent to email me so I can get my deck 9 same balcony! Soooooo excited! First NCL too.

All hail FDR! Count me as impressed at how clean and clutter-free the upper decks are on this ship. Notice how few bars there are near the main pool. Notice that the hot tubs have moved to the sun deck to entice people to make a choice: pool or hot tub. (That said, I hope there's some provision for shade). Notice that the Spice H2O hot tubs are much larger. Notice that the Spice railings are glass, not metal. This is such a massive evolution that all previous iterations of the BA/+ class now seem painfully deficient. I may have to move up my booking on Bliss, or make a second one.

Has anyone seen the floor plan for NCL Bliss Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony. I'm booked on the May 2018 sailing and I thought it would be the same as Breakaway, Getaway & Escape but I still don't see it on the website. Also, has anyone figured out the biggest to smallest balcony sizes. I'm on the 12th floor and that balcony on the other ships is usually the second largest after the 9th floor.

1. The deck-plans aren't a good indication of balcony size.

2. BA/GA are different than Escape/Joy/Bliss for aft-facing balcony depth.

3. The H6 is easily found when booking Bliss. (no images, though...except for Escape photos that have a different decor)

4. Based on what we've seen, Bliss will be identical to Escape and Joy in that aspect as well as Configuration A & B..

gWv9Fd_cQGO8ZIUofoE-0Q.png

20707957_1597986610261271_4313910610491616360_n.jpg?oh=e1f8e4fc0458a95c439282773279af85&oe=5A29608F

The deck on the "ground" is deck 9. Counting up from there, deck 12 is the same as Escape/Joy.

I love how they have tucked the lifeboats under the waterfront deck. It cost them some cabins on deck 7 to do it. But it just makes the ship look so much better than the Escape. Now I need to book a cruise on this ship!

From what I've been told my a friend at NCL is that they are no longer allowed to have new builds with the boats off the side like that. Not sure if this is a change with USCG policy or NCL themselves.

1. The deck-plans aren't a good indication of balcony size.

2. BA/GA are different than Escape/Joy/Bliss for aft-facing balcony depth.

3. The H6 is easily found when booking Bliss. (no images, though...except for Escape photos that have a different decor)

4. Based on what we've seen, Bliss will be identical to Escape and Joy in that aspect as well as Configuration A & B..

gWv9Fd_cQGO8ZIUofoE-0Q.png

20707957_1597986610261271_4313910610491616360_n.jpg?oh=e1f8e4fc0458a95c439282773279af85&oe=5A29608F

The deck on the "ground" is deck 9. Counting up from there, deck 12 is the same as Escape/Joy.

Thanks!

I was just thinking the same thing because that episode was just on a few weeks ago. I haven't seen Marcus do any type of follow-up, so I wonder if Zoe's is just going to be on the established ships for the time-being. <insert shrug here>

They were only trying to sell chocolates. I'd expect to see Zoe's chocolates eventually replace the small Godiva boxes they use currently. Little 4-packs, probably less expensive than Godiva.

Teppanyaki...

Haven Restaurant...

445058cfb58e4480c60b0f734f31e66c.jpg

Nice. Can't wait!

Stephen

They were only trying to sell chocolates. I'd expect to see Zoe's chocolates eventually replace the small Godiva boxes they use currently. Little 4-packs, probably less expensive than Godiva.

I didn't even realize they sold Godiva on NCL. To be honest, I don't go into the gift shops, so that's probably why I missed them. (And Godiva is one of my favorites). Oh well. :D Maybe one day I'll see Zoe's and try them out.

Has any one heard if they are charging for laser tag and go carts? because my kids will so want to do these but I will hate to have to pay for more stuff :rolleyes:

I believe I read that the Joy track costs around $5. I haven't seen anything specific to the Bliss yet.

Edit: yeah, I found the post from this guy on the Joy that said minimum age was 14 and it costs $5. Maybe there will be a lower age for the tandem karts?

10f267dd00fa27dd915b877d145680fe.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

I believe I read that the Joy track costs around $5. I haven't seen anything specific to the Bliss yet.

Edit: yeah, I found the post from this guy on the Joy that said minimum age was 14 and it costs $5. Maybe there will be a lower age for the tandem karts?

10f267dd00fa27dd915b877d145680fe.jpg

As much as the Bliss looks like an amazing ship, and am looking forward to our cruise on her, I'm not happy that they would charge for the go-cart rides. They will also probably charge for the laser tag. I don't see on the deck plans mini golf, ropes course or even a basketball court. All those activities are free. My son is very active and loves all those things. For a week long cruise it would cost us an arm and leg to ride the go-carts and do the laser tag.

I love how they have tucked the lifeboats under the waterfront deck. It cost them some cabins on deck 7 to do it. But it just makes the ship look so much better than the Escape. Now I need to book a cruise on this ship!

I noticed that too. When I was on the Breakaway and looked out from the balcony I was disappointed to have the lifeboats blocking my view down to the water. Sometimes you have some sea creatures that come fairly close to the ship.

Maybe this is one of the "Alaska" features that will allow better near ship wildlife.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just to reiterate - I was sharing information that was posted about the Joy. I've seen nothing specific to the Bliss and a possible cost for the go-karts.

I appreciate the information. I know there is no official word on any upcharges for these activities. I guess I am just assuming since they charge on the Joy. We will just have to wait and see.