Cabin coffee/tea making facilities

reedy8

Its becoming more prevalent for cruise lines to provide an electric kettle in countries like the UK, Australia and China where having 'a cup of tea' is the first thing you do (apart from a bathroom visit) when you get up in the morning. Is Azamara considering this? Most lines do not allow guests to byo kettles, except for a few that are allowing the little Korjo kettles with the auto shut off.

Thank you

I can't see them doing this on a small ship like Azamara and to be honest in the standard cabins there isn't enough work top space to put them. I struggle with keeping it tidy as it is. Besides you never have to walk too far for your cuppa. Mosaic Cafe is open from 7am on deck 5. The far end of Windows (other end to the outside seating) is open 24 hours with hot water machines and tea, so you can make yourself a cuppa there if the place is closed. They leave a few lights on at that end.

I am not sure this idea "has legs". The previous posters have cited two good reasons there is also the issue of milk/creamer. They either have to use longer life stuff which many people do not like or up the rating of the fridges to guarantee fresh is held at the right temperature. There is then the wasteage from those that don't use the milk and that needs recycling- and recycling is a big cost to the cruise lines.

You can pop down to Mosaic in your robe if you want (or up to Oceanview if you are an even earlier waker) you will meet other similarly attired most days. Or as others say room service.

I love an early morning 'cuppa' and in the past have asked for a kettle when sailing on Celebrity Eclipse.

As we were kept topped up with bottled water on Quest TA, I used that and the fruit in the room to take my early morning tablets, convincing myself that it was more healthy than caffeine!:D

I love an early morning 'cuppa' and in the past have asked for a kettle when sailing on Celebrity Eclipse.

As we were kept topped up with bottled water on Quest TA, I used that and the fruit in the room to take my early morning tablets, convincing myself that it was more healthy than caffeine!:D

You need to get into the peppermint or ginger and lemon tea. Caffeine free. I love it!

I'm surprised they don't have a coffee pot/tea kettle in the suites. We have sailed several times with Uniworld on a river cruise where the suite was only 305 sq ft and they provide an espresso coffee machine and tea kettle. We were in an Owners suite on the RC Oasis last month and it included both a coffee pot and tea kettle. I love fixing a cup of coffee first thing in the morning(for me always by 6 am) and going out on the balcony for an hour or so. We will be in the club world owners suite in 2018 on Journey. Would it be appropriate to ask the butler to have coffee in the room at a certain time each morning since there isn't a coffee pot provided? If so, what time in the morning do the butlers usually start their service?

We will be in the club world owners suite in 2018 on Journey. Would it be appropriate to ask the butler to have coffee in the room at a certain time each morning since there isn't a coffee pot provided? If so, what time in the morning do the butlers usually start their service?

Absolutely appropriate. He starts quite early with breakfast so just either put your card out the night before or ask him to bring the coffee for you at a certain time as a standing order. Mosaic Cafe opens at 7am and that has the nicer coffee. Ask him to get it from there for you. Advantage of having a solid door to the bedroom area is he can just leave it there for you and not disturb.

Absolutely appropriate. He starts quite early with breakfast so just either put your card out the night before or ask him to bring the coffee for you at a certain time as a standing order. Mosaic Cafe opens at 7am and that has the nicer coffee. Ask him to get it from there for you. Advantage of having a solid door to the bedroom area is he can just leave it there for you and not disturb.

Thanks for the input. I always feel so guilty asking a butler to do something I can easily do myself. But it would be nice to walk out of the bedroom grab a cup of coffee and head for the balcony

Thank you all for your replies. I can see cabin space seems to be the main issue. For me, putting it out the night before probably wouldn't work as I'm a very poor sleeper and may have only been asleep a couple of hours at delivery time. As is seems to be OK to pop quickly up/down to Mosaic in my robe to get a cup to take to the balcony I might do that. Does mean my first coffee will taste like toothpaste, but never mind. :)

I wouldn't dream of walking out of my cabin in a bath robe for a cuppa or anything else. Personally I think it looks awful, but people do it.

Agree but have found myself doing it on a river cruise along with others. Of course I only had to walk a few meters not up a flight of stairs.

If I request morning coffee delivery I feel compelled to be up when it arrives. Not a problem in a divided suite which CC is not. But that cuppa 1st thing in the morning is SUPER important.

RCL has coffee makers in the suites which is great !

Agree but have found myself doing it on a river cruise along with others. Of course I only had to walk a few meters not up a flight of stairs.

If I request morning coffee delivery I feel compelled to be up when it arrives. Not a problem in a divided suite which CC is not. But that cuppa 1st thing in the morning is SUPER important.

RCL has coffee makers in the suites which is great !

I was also only few metres from the tea/coffee area on a river cruise, and seldom saw anyone that early.

I don't really fancy doing it on an ocean cruise either. It was great to find facilities on RCL, thats why I was hoping to have them on Azamara

We had a fancy coffee machine in a suite and the butler had to do a "service" after so many cups. Yup, it needed "service" just before a very early am excursion and after breakfast was delivered. I prefer the restaurant coffee with milk to dilute the strong taste. Any chance of a fire is a reason not to have machines in the room.