Freedom-Chances bags delivered before dinner?

We're going on the Freedom tomorrow and I'm trying to plan ahead. I don't want to lug a big carry on full of dinner outfits for us all. With Disney we were lucky and always had our bags by like 3-4 pm. Does Royal have similar timing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To avoid luggage delays I pack a weeks worth of clothes in my Carry On. Husband does the same this way we know we have enough clothes to carry us through our normal 2 weeks cruises. Only 1 cruise did one piece of luggage not get to our room until later in the evening, normally we have them by 3 PM which gives us enough time to unpack before muster.

On both Disney and Royal you stand a chance of not getting your bags before dinner. That's why the first night is more casual, and it's a good reason to keep at least one day/night's worth of clothing in your carryon. On cruises where I'm planning on wearing dresses for dinner each night I just carry those all on, including my shoes for evening (I try hard to bring ONE pair of nice shoes that goes with all dresses). Those, sunscreen, my swimsuits, and coverups are pretty much the contents of my carryon rollerbag. :)

The 1st night is ultra casual...so if you don't get your bags before dinner, you can wear your travel clothes....we've had it where all bags beat us to the cabin...and when some bags come early, but not all....so it really depends where in the pile of luggage your bags happen to be!

We always tip the porter in the garage $20 and our bags are there when we get to our cabin at 1:00. We are not diamond level or anyone special, but we appreciate good service and like to unpack right away.

The porter has absolutely nothing to do with when you get your bags. They take them, load them on a cart, then they are loaded onto the ship where the crew delivers them. The porters never set foot on the ship. It probably has more to do with what time you board. We've received our bags as early as 1 and as late as 3:30.