Chef's Table sans alcohol?

it sort of defeats the purpose( wine pairing) but many people have done it. you may or may not get a discount if you don't drink.

if you eat seafood, there will be more for you to eat. if you do not, the chef would be burdened with trying to create a vegetarian meal out of the ingredients selected for the event. even with advance notice( as I gave) it can take longer for your courses to arrive.

they can and do accommodate allergies quite well. the scallop course at my last one was replaced by a cold duck salad( the main entree was duck) for my allergy. in fact, my husband, who adores scallops said that mine was better.

Thanks. We did enjoy 150 Central Park on Allure, there they have two rates (with and without wine pairing).

I agree we create more trouble to the chef but I also think that the chef likes to meet the chalenge 😀.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

but is it fair to the rest of the table? unless you book all the seats for your group, service is held up while the chef rushes to create something on the fly. for me that was exactly one course, but most of the courses had some sort of animal based protein. by all means ask to see the menu first before making a decision, but do remember the chef created that menu with a purpose behind it and to tell him you won't eat it is kind of insulting ( and yes I include allergies in this blanket statement.. I won't go to restaurants where 90% of the menu is something I cannot eat, quite a challenge here in FL where shellfish is everywhere.)

I agree with Spookwife above.

We were just on Allure - and did the Chef's Table dinner. There were 15 of us. There was one older teen that came with his parents. He ate everything - but, naturally, had no wine. There was one woman that had a shellfish allergy, and they substituted her lobster course.

The chef was VERY busy - even with our group. He had to come out between each course to talk about how that particular item was prepared. For the dessert course, he had to come out and prepare 14 martinis. So asking him (or her) to have to come up with different or modified courses for you would be a lot to ask. This is the current menu, and it's on most of the ships right now. Only the first course and dessert course would be vegetarian. The soup has an egg and bacon.

Hearts of palm

Avocado, tomato champagne vinaigrette

Chateua La Nrthe, Blanc, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rhône, France

Sweet Pea Soup

Truffle Poached Quail Egg, Nueske Bacon

Mer Soleil, Chardonnay, Unoaked, "Silver", Santa Lucia Highlands, Californida

Butter Poached Lobster

Cauliflower puree, piquillo pepper, frisee, caviar beurre blanc

William Fèvre, Chablis 1er Cru, Chardonnay, Burgundy, France

Braised Short Rib Ravioli

Horseradish cream, veal glaze

Michale Charlo, Barbera d'Asti, Calamandrana, Italy

Prime Beef Tenderloin

Morel mushrooms, Tuscan kale, smoked garlic potato puree

Sequoia Grove, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, USA

"Chocolate Sabotage"

Duo of chocolate mousse, chocolate lava cake, ganache, vanilla ice cream

Dessert martini - Lemon Ginger Cheesecake

I too agree with the 2 previous posters. It would be an imposition to the other diners to have to wait while something special was prepared for you. It is a long evening as it is.

I think you would be much happier dining at 150 Central Park. We were.

Yes. I agree.

This Chef's Table is a different experience. 150 Central Park is a restaurant so we sit at our own table, at our own time.

At Chef's Table everybody is treated as a group. It will not be nice if we have to disturb our table mates pleasure.

Thank you, all. Case closed.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

If you are vegan and don't drink...why even book it? I don't get it! That's NOT what the "Chef's Table" is about.

Kind of my thought. Plenty of other great places to eat where you order or not order what you want. The "Chef's Table" is all about what the Chef wants to showcase for you, not what you want to order.

As for the alcohol I don't see it being a bring issue. Just share what you don't want to drink with a table mate, that's what happened at our table and it was very much appreciated.

Our daughter and some friends did the Chef's Table and enjoyed it immensely. She is a huge wine snob and "foodie"! She had very little to say that was good about the food in other venues onboard (i.e.. MDR, buffet), but she raved about the Chef's table fare. That being said, at almost $100 pp, if you are not going to drink the wine or eat the non-vegetarian courses, it sort of seems like it would not be so enjoyable for you. JMO. However, it is your $$$, so whatever you decide I hope you enjoy it!!!:)