Pyjama protest , due to the room service charge

Ive followed the thread regarding the room service charge since it began , Its how I found out about the new charge for our upcoming cruise, It made me angry firstly because It was complementary when we booked and secondly because we found out from social media not from RCI them selves.

I emailed RCI to voice my feelings .

I had a reply basically telling me the new charge is to enhance our experience on board what a load of Boll**** please excuse my stars

this was part of their reply

We are not offering any form of compensation, as this is not a disruption to your holiday or a case of inconvenience. We hope you can appreciate that these changes have been made to introduce a new selection of meals and enhance your experience onboard.

Well I feel it would have been an inconvenience as we were looking forward to tucking into a complementary hot breakfast while still in the comfort of our room in our pyjamas ,

So Ive decided that if its not to be such an Inconvenience I may well visit the other complementary breakfast dining options wearing my pyjamas :halo: so im not inconvenienced .

Also to those of you who have been compensated (I know some people have as Ive followed the posts) well done :evilsmile:

PYJAMA PROTEST WHOS IN :D

[emoji849] No. just no. I think people really need to get over it and stop acting so entitled. Everyone all the sudden wants to pretend that the room service was such an integral part of their vacation and one of the main reasons they booked. Listen, I get it that it is bad business when policies change after someone has already booked, especially if it is after the penalty free cancellation period.

However, it is really not hard to go grab breakfast in the windjammer and walk it back to the room. We've ordered the room service breakfast before and they never get the order right, and it's always cold. It's never a big deal because it's free and we can just go upstairs and eat; the room service order was just for fun. I can't imagine it being an integral part of the experience to the point where tantrum throwing, asking for financial compensation or protesting is worthy of your time.

The best thing people can do when they don't like something is STOP paying the cruise line, whether it be cancelling your trip altogether, or just not ordering the room service. There are obviously way less people who complain than there are people willing to fork out the money (even if they are also complaining), because if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't keep adding all these extra charges. Bottom line is people are paying it. They could care less if you go to the windjammer or the dining room and have breakfast in your pjs. It wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[emoji849] No. just no. I think people really need to get over it and stop acting so entitled. Everyone all the sudden wants to pretend that the room service was such an integral part of their vacation and one of the main reasons they booked. Listen, I get it that it is bad business when policies change after someone has already booked, especially if it is after the penalty free cancellation period.

However, it is really not hard to go grab breakfast in the windjammer and walk it back to the room. We've ordered the room service breakfast before and they never get the order right, and it's always cold. It's never a big deal because it's free and we can just go upstairs and eat; the room service order was just for fun. I can't imagine it being an integral part of the experience to the point where tantrum throwing, asking for financial compensation or protesting is worthy of your time.

The best thing people can do when they don't like something is STOP paying the cruise line, whether it be cancelling your trip altogether, or just not ordering the room service. There are obviously way less people who complain than there are people willing to fork out the money (even if they are also complaining), because if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't keep adding all these extra charges. Bottom line is people are paying it. They could care less if you go to the windjammer or the dining room and have breakfast in your pjs. It wouldn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I 100% agree. We've never ordered room service solely because we'd only hears how long it took and how cold the food was. We've done the breakfast one as a wake up call and even the pastries were bad. I have no problem paying a small fee to get decent food at a reasonable time. Since a tip would be $3-5 anyway, it's really not that much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Like most, I don't like having things taken away, but no way would I ever go out of my cabin, other than to my balcony, in my PJ's. I didn't use room service in almost 100 cruises on various lines, so I won't miss it.

Having said that, I can understand why people are upset and I am one who has 2 cruises booked, one paid for, one deposited, but it's not going to be a big deal for me. I do wish that Royal Caribbean would have given free room service to any/everyone booked before this new charge, but other than making my feelings known to them, there'e nothing more I can do other than not cruise with them any more.

I won't do that, but, I am guessing, at some point something will tick me off enough that I will stop cruising with them. Until then, I will just do as I always do.

Personally the charge doesn't bother me. I believe I read it covered tip too, so it's even less worse. I always ate breakfast out or brought it back to my room. I do understand there are people that room service benefits, but the Continental breakfast is still free. Also, the menu is WAY better than it was before. The only question I have is if there is Waygu beef burgers on the room service menu then will they be available anywhere else on the ship? That might sway me into ordering room service. Anyways I don't think you will be offending RCCL by wearing PJs...Just other guests.

Ive followed the thread regarding the room service charge since it began , Its how I found out about the new charge for our upcoming cruise, It made me angry firstly because It was complementary when we booked and secondly because we found out from social media not from RCI them selves.

I had a reply basically telling me the new charge is to enhance our experience on board what a load of Boll**** please excuse my stars

We are not offering any form of compensation, as this is not a disruption to your holiday or a case of inconvenience. We hope you can appreciate that these changes have been made to introduce a new selection of meals and enhance your experience onboard.

Well I feel it would have been an inconvenience as we were looking forward to tucking into a complementary hot breakfast while still in the comfort of our room in our pyjamas ,

So Ive decided that if its not to be such an Inconvenience I may well visit the other complementary breakfast dining options wearing my pyjamas :halo: so im not inconvenienced .

Also to those of you who have been compensated (I know some people have as Ive followed the posts) well done :evilsmile:

Lol on Harmony in June our balcony on deck 8. Was very close to Park cafe so i went in my C&A dressing gown on top of pyjamas to get some breakfast baps to take back to cabin.

Love RCCL and P&O.

If wearing your pajamas is going to make you feel better, go for it. Just be prepared to search the internet for pictures after you get back from your cruise. Someone is liable to make you the butt of their joke on a cruise review somewhere.

Wonder if the person who wants to protest in their jammies would do the same in a hotel because of room service costs (higher than DR!) plus tip!!! The fact that continental breakfast is free seems to be forgotten.

Like most, I don't like having things taken away, but no way would I ever go out of my cabin, other than to my balcony, in my PJ's. I didn't use room service in almost 100 cruises on various lines, so I won't miss it.

Having said that, I can understand why people are upset and I am one who has 2 cruises booked, one paid for, one deposited, but it's not going to be a big deal for me. I do wish that Royal Caribbean would have given free room service to any/everyone booked before this new charge, but other than making my feelings known to them, there'e nothing more I can do other than not cruise with them any more.

I won't do that, but, I am guessing, at some point something will tick me off enough that I will stop cruising with them. Until then, I will just do as I always do.

If the choice is much better i will continue to get room service breakfast.The fruit, cereal and yogurt is good but the bacon,scrambled egg beaters and bacon is only eaten by me my wife will not eat them.

Love RCCL and P&O.

I love it! Well done. If I was sailing I would join you. They would probably pay me $8 to go back to my room! :D:D:D

Prices of cruises have come down a lot in recent years. Cruises used to be only affordable for the well off. Maybe that's why formal nights have disappeared as the average cruiser has never worn a suit in their lives (who knows) Anyway the cruise companies have to make up the price difference I suppose. Which is why everything else on board has gone up to compensate. - Drinks, excursions, specialty restaurants etc etc

I have never seen that statement in the cruise compass.:cool:

I guess I'm good then. :confused:

So much for the ketchup being next to the mayo and bananas, let alone being put off the feed from/by hairy legs. This is more of a banana next to the grapes issue, that one day could pop up on the boards of CC. :eek::');p