72 Hour Sale on Pre-Cruise Purchases

TMLAalum

I called Celebrity and the lady I spoke with said that the sale promotion cannot be combined with the Captain's Club benefit discounts. I'd be interested to see if other people get the same response.

I just called and got the same response as you. No double dipping!

OK I got the discount, but it wasn't easy.

I already had purchased 2 PBP and 1 internet package. Called Captains Club and told them that I wanted to cancel the packages and repurchase them at the discounted rates. Was put on hold. Rep returned and told me that they couldn't do that, said the terms & conditions stipulated that the sale was for new purchases only. I said that the T&C on Cruise Planner didn't say that. She said they had more complete T&C and read me section that said discounts didn't apply to previously booked TOURS - then said even though it didn't mention Beverage and Internet packages, it applied to them too. I asked to speak to a manager. On hold for another 5 min. Rep returned and said that they would make an exception for me. Canceled and rebooked the beverage and Internet packages and saved me over $500.

My suggestion for others...... avoid the hassle I went through and first call CC and cancel your packages. Then go to Cruise Planner and repurchase the packages at the discounted price.

My suggestion for others...... avoid the hassle I went through and first call CC and cancel your packages. Then go to Cruise Planner and repurchase the packages at the discounted price.

Exactly. So much easier to just cancel and re-purchase rather than trying to orchestrate an adjustment to past purchases.

I just went through and checked the excursions for my cruise in June. As the email said, only some excursions are reduced. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those that have the yellow "up to 20% off" banner on them are the same price as they were a couple of months ago. I was only able to find a couple ($100+) excursions are now $5 lower in price. I hope others have better luck with their cruises!

I just went through and checked the excursions for my cruise in June. As the email said, only some excursions are reduced. Unfortunately, the vast majority of those that have the yellow "up to 20% off" banner on them are the same price as they were a couple of months ago. I was only able to find a couple ($100+) excursions are now $5 lower in price. I hope others have better luck with their cruises!

I found the same thing. The "up to 20% off" sale price is the exact same price the excursions were before the sale started. This has me wondering whether the prices for the excursions will go up after the sale is over. I hope not since I'm not ready to book all my excursions now.

Not sure how Celebrity can get away with calling something a sale price when its clearly not.

We are booked on the Jazz Fest cruise that sails on 4/24. Saw the promotion when I logged in this afternoon. Tried out a mock booking for the other time slot for our "Grand City Tour" in New Orleans since it's one of the excursion choices listed at 20% off. We booked this tour back in February and when compared to what they were asking for now, it's exactly the same total!

The discounts certainly vary by sailing. We bought a Paris tour (from Le Havre) for $184 that previously sold for $229.

There was also a 20% off banner over the wine packages on our sailing, however in reality they are not discounted at all. On the flip side, the alcoholic beverage packages have the 20% off banner, however in reality they are being discounted by 30% on our voyage. Go figure...

Unfortunately I don't think that will work for the Internet package. I booked mine awhile back with the 10% pre-cruise discount and 20% Captain's Club Select discount. There is no way to get the CC discount online through the Cruise Planner, and the Celebrity rep that I spoke with wouldn't combine that with the 20% promotion, so my original discount was a better deal.

So the question remains.....can u get the discount if u upgraded classic beverage pkg PERK to Premium Beverage Package??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Have you tried to find out online yet? Is it applicable to your sailing?

All questions you can come back let us know from your experience directly.

bon voyage

So the price for my sailing on internet is 199. I am select and should be getting 25% off. I swear when I checked a couple of days ago, the price was the same. My question is the following: What is the non-discounted internet price per day? And how do I know if my select discount is already reflected in the internet package? So confusing. I am probably going to wait until I get on the ship to inquire about internet prices. Even though disconnecting will be good for us.

So the price for my sailing on internet is 199. I am select and should be getting 25% off. I swear when I checked a couple of days ago, the price was the same. My question is the following: What is the non-discounted internet price per day? And how do I know if my select discount is already reflected in the internet package? So confusing. I am probably going to wait until I get on the ship to inquire about internet prices. Even though disconnecting will be good for us.

The package isn't priced per day it's per cruise, and as for the captains club discount level I believe that's only applied onboard

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The package isn't priced per day it's per cruise, and as for the captains club discount level I believe that's only applied onboard

Thanks, I didn't know it was only applied onboard. Only reason I asked for the daily rate is because 10 cruises are more expensive than 7 days.

Did Silk Harvest go up? I thought it was $30pp but $28 is not 20% off of that no matter how you crunch those numbers so it must be $35 now. Sailing Equinox in June looking at the 72 hour not really a sale "Sale"

When I was on my Dec sailing on the Equinox, the price was $35

Did Silk Harvest go up? I thought it was $30pp but $28 is not 20% off of that no matter how you crunch those numbers so it must be $35 now. Sailing Equinox in June looking at the 72 hour not really a sale "Sale"

It's been $35 for some time now I believe

Thanks, I didn't know it was only applied onboard. Only reason I asked for the daily rate is because 10 cruises are more expensive than 7 days.

Yes that's correct, they have set prices now dependent on cruise length but I don't think it's as simple as x a daily rate, I think it's more like they pull numbers out of the air then add something and times it by something else.. [emoji33][emoji23]

So I go into my booking. See the 45% banner, and scan through the offers.

I see a message Good News! You are eligible for Beverage Packages Upgrades.

I look at the offer... I can upgrade our Classic Beverage Package PERK for only 11.80 per day. :confused: Then I see the current drink package prices (that have been reduced.) The difference from the Classic to the Premium package is only $8 per day. :rolleyes: Something doesn't make sense. I tried a mock booking to upgrade, and they still want the 11.80 per day to upgrade. Should I call CC and ask for the $8 difference upgrade? Or do I have to get my TA to call?

I haven't had a chance to look at any of the other offers for my May 8th and May 19th sailings.

So I go into my booking. See the 45% banner, and scan through the offers.

I see a message Good News! You are eligible for Beverage Packages Upgrades.

I look at the offer... I can upgrade our Classic Beverage Package PERK for only 11.80 per day. :confused: Then I see the current drink package prices (that have been reduced.) The difference from the Classic to the Premium package is only $8 per day. :rolleyes: Something doesn't make sense. I tried a mock booking to upgrade, and they still want the 11.80 per day to upgrade. Should I call CC and ask for the $8 difference upgrade? Or do I have to get my TA to call?

I haven't had a chance to look at any of the other offers for my May 8th and May 19th sailings.

I get the same thing. I think the reason that the upgrade is not on sale is because both the classic and premium are at 20% and it still take the same amount of $$$ to upgrade. I am still calling tomorrow to inquire about it.

Edited by Sandy1975

I get the same thing. I think the reason that the upgrade is not on sale is because both the classic and premium are at 20% and it still take the same amount of $$$ to upgrade. I am still calling tomorrow to inquire about it.

Please post back on your findings. :)

I looked at the excursions that are supposedly on sale. One that we have already pre-booked is advertised as 20% discount and it's the same price that we paid a month ago. :rolleyes: