Upsell Fairy Called - I'll never know

Jane2357

I'm comforting myself with the fact that I LOVE the cabin (Celebrity Suite 6104) I booked - the day the itinerary first opened up in 12/14 - couldn't book Aqua for that a year ago. We are two days from sailing and tonight the upsell fairy called - I'm gutted to say that we were out to dinner with friends and never heard my phone.

I called back 10 minutes later but the "offer" was gone. A Royal Suite - at what price, they were not saying. Was it a steal or was it big $$ - which I would not have paid. I'll never know - might have turned it down, did that once before but the moral of the story -- keep your phone close to you.

Bon Voyage!

Someone else on here said that they were offered a RS for 1,500 more than they paid for AQ, I believe...very nice price for sure! Of course, the price has a lot to do with it, along with number of days, class of ship and Itinerary. I believe the poster said it was an S Class seven day to Alaska...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone else on here said that they were offered a RS for 1,500 more than they paid for AQ, I believe...very nice price for sure! Of course, the price has a lot to do with it, along with number of days, class of ship and Itinerary. I believe the poster said it was an S Class seven day to Alaska...

That would be awesome. Last year for our Alaska cruise, we got a call to offer an upsell to a S2 from an Aqua 1. As we were center on the aft of deck 11 we turned it down but it was pretty cheap. Who knows what I would have done this time - but I do know that I'll love that CS! Just wanted to tell others - KEEP THE PHONE NEAR! Lol.

I'm comforting myself with the fact that I LOVE the cabin (Celebrity Suite 6104) I booked - the day the itinerary first opened up in 12/14 - couldn't book Aqua for that a year ago. We are two days from sailing and tonight the upsell fairy called - I'm gutted to say that we were out to dinner with friends and never heard my phone.

I called back 10 minutes later but the "offer" was gone. A Royal Suite - at what price, they were not saying. Was it a steal or was it big $$ - which I would not have paid. I'll never know - might have turned it down, did that once before but the moral of the story -- keep your phone close to you.

Bon Voyage!

Think positive! At least you know the upgrade fairy has your phone number. Also you have been saved a fortune on future cruises as once you have experienced that RS there is no going back...

Hope you have a great cruise.

We rely on caller ID to screen our calls. Does the caller leave a message? What area code does the call come in from?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

877 area code. They did leave a message offer was gone by then. I really fine with it. I love my cabin and would rather spend the extra $ on something else.

The Upsell Fairy does have my number! Last two cruises now. [emoji16]

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never been contacted by the upsell fairy. I know on Royal Caribbean there is a place to list your preferences for possible upgrades and I have never seen that anywhere on the X website. Did I miss it in preferences? If so, where is it? I'd love to meet the upsell fairy...she sounds lovely;)

Pardon my ignorance, but I've never been contacted by the upsell fairy. I know on Royal Caribbean there is a place to list your preferences for possible upgrades and I have never seen that anywhere on the X website. Did I miss it in preferences? If so, where is it? I'd love to meet the upsell fairy...she sounds lovely;)

No there is not a place to list your preferences. It seems to be random. My call came for a number that was not toll free. I went from Oceanview to Aqua ( A1) for $300 cdn$ total for the 2 of us on a 2 week cruise. It was $100 for veranda and $200 for C class. I gave the # to a fellow cruiser but they were not well received when they tried to call.. No luck at all. The caller said he often has a hard time upselling especially if it changes the dining venue as cruisers are often sailing with friends.

We booked with a travel agent on our cruise to New Zealand/Australia that was last month. About 2 weeks before the cruise, our TA received an offer for us to move from a veranda room to Aqua!! No upcharge! We almost fell over! Yes, we took it! Never happened before to us- hope it happens again sometime:)

Congrats to all of you. I have sailed around 15 times with celebrity and never heard from the upsell /upgrade fairy. I asked about it and was told they likely don't call since I usually travel solo. A bit unfair but I guess I understand they'd rather make 2 People happy than just 1! [emoji53]

877 area code. They did leave a message offer was gone by then. I really fine with it. I love my cabin and would rather spend the extra $ on something else.

The Upsell Fairy does have my number! Last two cruises now. [emoji16]

Is it just a number on the caller ID, or does it say Celebrity or RCCL?

Congrats to all of you. I have sailed around 15 times with celebrity and never heard from the upsell /upgrade fairy. I asked about it and was told they likely don't call since I usually travel solo. A bit unfair but I guess I understand they'd rather make 2 People happy than just 1! [emoji53]

I sailed with friends on Reflection a few weeks ago...I booked both cabins (next door to each other) and worked with Celebrity throughout the process as I have more time than my travel companions. When we checked in, my friends were told they were upgraded to Aqua. While I was happy for them, I was more than a little disappointed that I was left behind (yes, I had a cabin to myself). They ultimately decided to keep their original cabin so we could eat together in the MDR. Hearing that the upgrade fairy doesn't typically visit solo travelers makes me very unhappy. My base price to sail solo is as much as my friends are paying for a cabin for two. Why shouldn't we have the potential for an upgrade?

I am surprised that your friends original cabin was still available at check-in. :confused:

Did you have each other linked in your reservations?

Your friends could have taken the new stateroom (and received the spa benefits) and then could have arranged to eat with you in the dining room.

Two years ago, my daughters and I booked a Sky Suite. We were excited about trying out the new Luminae. A few weeks before we sailed, some cousins decided that they would join us (we had asked them months earlier!) I told them that we were in a Suite and had paid extra for the privilege and were to dine in a separate restaurant from the MDR. AND that they needed to book a Suite to be able to dine with us. Well, they did not want to pay the extra and instead booked a standard balcony room. My daughters and I ended up having to eat with them in the MDR a few nights. And we all dined in the specialty restaurant the others. :( However, we did tell them that we would be eating our breakfast in Luminae and Blu. They were not breakfast people or early risers, so the buffet was fine with them.

I am surprised that your friends original cabin was still available at check-in. :confused:

Did you have each other linked in your reservations?

Your friends could have taken the new stateroom (and received the spa benefits) and then could have arranged to eat with you in the dining room.

Two years ago, my daughters and I booked a Sky Suite. We were excited about trying out the new Luminae. A few weeks before we sailed, some cousins decided that they would join us (we had asked them months earlier!) I told them that we were in a Suite and had paid extra for the privilege and were to dine in a separate restaurant from the MDR. AND that they needed to book a Suite to be able to dine with us. Well, they did not want to pay the extra and instead booked a standard balcony room. My daughters and I ended up having to eat with them in the MDR a few nights. And we all dined in the specialty restaurant the others. :( However, we did tell them that we would be eating our breakfast in Luminae and Blu. They were not breakfast people or early risers, so the buffet was fine with them.

Yes, our reservations were linked; and our travel agent knows that if one is offered an upgrade, the other would also like an upgrade. She actually had been actively working with her Celebrity contact to get us both upgraded and made it clear that we were a package deal!

At the Ft. Lauderdale port check-in, my friends were told that nothing could be done to get their original cabin back. It wasn't until we were on the ship and at Guest Relations that they were able to switch back to the cabin next to me.

As far as dining, I believe they may have enjoyed Blu, but ultimately decided to stick with the MDR.

Our next cruise is on Princess next March...we were asked in the reservation process if we would like to be eligible for an upgrade...and told them yes, but only if we could both be offered that deal.

I've had two experiences through the years where I not only booked reservations for others but we paid for them as well and they were upgraded and we weren't. They were both first time cruisers and we were just happy for them. Both were upgraded to suites before the days of Luminae and Michael's club.:)

Edited by Ma Bell

Yes, our reservations were linked; and our travel agent knows that if one is offered an upgrade, the other would also like an upgrade. She actually had been actively working with her Celebrity contact to get us both upgraded and made it clear that we were a package deal!

At the Ft. Lauderdale port check-in, my friends were told that nothing could be done to get their original cabin back. It wasn't until we were on the ship and at Guest Relations that they were able to switch back to the cabin next to me.

That's too bad. And very odd that Guest relations could get the cabin back. They must have just upgraded the passengers in your friends old cabin to your friends new cabin. Nice for those people! :)

We booked and paid for 3 cabins, through a TA, for our upcoming cruise. One for us (booked an AQ1 with the CC upgrade), and the other 2 belong to our adult children. We booked AQ2 GTY's for them. Both were assigned AQ2's. I told the kids ahead of time that if either was upgraded to a Suite, that Mom and Dad had the right to the upgrade since we paid. :D

That's too bad. And very odd that Guest relations could get the cabin back. They must have just upgraded the passengers in your friends old cabin to your friends new cabin. Nice for those people! :)

We booked and paid for 3 cabins, through a TA, for our upcoming cruise. One for us (booked an AQ1 with the CC upgrade), and the other 2 belong to our adult children. We booked AQ2 GTY's for them. Both were assigned AQ2's. I told the kids ahead of time that if either was upgraded to a Suite, that Mom and Dad had the right to the upgrade since we paid. :D

Mom and Dad should absolutely get the upgrade!!! Good luck with that.