Bogus 30% Off Sale?

Tapi

I initially booked my B2B Liberty sailings in Oct 2018 under 30% off. Then the Dash & Splash sale started (on top of the 30% off) and I saved $48 CAD on each sailing. The current Caribbean Escape sale price still has the 30% off but the added discount saw it knock off another $24 CAD from each sailing. The base fare hasn't changed (yet). That's how the discounts are itemized on the booking confirmations, anyway. Haven't saved a huge amount but it's still better in my pocket than theirs, only costing me a bit of time on the phone. :)

YMMV, of course.

Disappointing with all these different fake sales seems like my C&A balcony discount is either eliminated or highly discounted, for example with one 11 night cruise I have booked my balcony discount comes out to $139 instead of $350. Another downgrade of C&A benefits.

Can you provide the calculation. If that is the case you should have gone with the OBC and not the C&A balcony discount that was being offered as part of the promo, if I recall.

I booked a cruise last night using the 30% off sale before it expired only to wake up this morning and realize that the price is now cheaper than during the sale. [emoji19]

I know that most of these sales don't offer substantial savings and are mostly gimmicky, but this is the first that I've actually paid MORE during a sale. Yes, I'm canceling the booking that I made.

Did anybody experience any savings with this sale?

Have a great day everyone! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last week we booked a cruise for next May. With the new sale, we saved $120. so we cancelled & rebooked.

The C&A balcony discount is subtracted from the "original price" (that no one pays) before the percentage discount is applied to the balance.

Thank you. Just did the calculation and you are absolutely correct that is how the pricing was figured. So in the scheme of things my Diamond Plus discount is only $139 less then the general public. Guess it's better then nothing.

Called in to check on the pricing of our cabin for 2019 on the Freedom (I had to call in since we have the family cabin for 6 and it does not show pricing on the website for those). Price had dropped by about $75. Not really worth calling and waiting for the price drop, but since I was on the phone anyways asking the price, I asked them to Price Match it, which they did. Thanks for the heads up on the new "sale".

It seems they've settled into a constant "sale" that equates to about 30% off list.

30% off every guest or every 3rd night free. Over and over.

About 30% off always. About.

So that is in effect their actual list price.

Only something better than that is likely a real sale (like 60% of additional guests). Assuming you can get that price without them jacking up the base price right before they announce the 60% deal.

Book when you see a price you can deal with, and then hope you catch a real sale prior to final payment to sweeten the deal. But like Billy Bob said in Bad Santa, "Hope in one hand and **** in the other - tell me which one fills up first."

Now that is funny!

We were going to book Friday night, but we waited and booked yesterday and it was $200 cheaper. Lost the savings though when we changed to a promenade (Ben and Jerry's suite) from an interior.

Since final payment is on Christmas I'm hoping that we will see a few price drops.

Sent from Tapatalk

Booked a cruise for a price I liked, checked back, price kept going up until the ship sold out. Glad I booked for a price I liked.

Booked a cruise for a price I liked, checked back, price went down. Got price adjustment. Checked again, price went up. Glad I got the first adjustment. Checked again, the price went down. Got another lower adjustment. Glad I got a price I liked.

Don't care what they call it. "Sale in honor of the Grand Pubah's 8,342nd Birthday celebration." If it's a price I like I book it. If it goes down Fantastic. If not, fine. I'm going cruising for a price I like and going to have a great time.

We were going to book Friday night, but we waited and booked yesterday and it was $200 cheaper. Lost the savings though when we changed to a promenade (Ben and Jerry's suite) from an interior.

Since final payment is on Christmas I'm hoping that we will see a few price drops.

Sent from Tapatalk

I cannot wait to see your review from the Sweet Suite!!! I think those perks are worth it!

I cannot wait to see your review from the Sweet Suite!!! I think those perks are worth it!

Awesome! I will for sure write a trip report, I'm really looking forward to it!

Sent from Tapatalk

Booked a cruise for a price I liked, checked back, price kept going up until the ship sold out. Glad I booked for a price I liked.

Booked a cruise for a price I liked, checked back, price went down. Got price adjustment. Checked again, price went up. Glad I got the first adjustment. Checked again, the price went down. Got another lower adjustment. Glad I got a price I liked.

Don't care what they call it. "Sale in honor of the Grand Pubah's 8,342nd Birthday celebration." If it's a price I like I book it. If it goes down Fantastic. If not, fine. I'm going cruising for a price I like and going to have a great time.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I like to book early so that I can get a decent price and desired cabin.

Just verifying...if you originally booked with OBC...but the new 'sale' has a cheaper amount but no OBC....then if I rebook at the cheaper amount, then I lose that OBC, right?

Yes, you lose any perks that are not in effect when you make the price change. The only exception is OBC from booking on board, which you keep.

Yes, you lose any perks that are not in effect when you make the price change. The only exception is OBC from booking on board, which you keep.

Thanks Bob. That's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure.

In our case then, we are still ahead to keep the higher price with the OBC .(And OBC is extra bonus for us since we're Canadian but OBC is USD so need to consider that when doing the calculation).

Couldn't have said it better myself. I like to book early so that I can get a decent price and desired cabin.

Which is why I booked and I'm not too concerned about the fact that it was $15 cheaper PP the next day. Wife wanted a balcony, there was a D10 aft balcony available on Navigator, so I grabbed it. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna call and have them adjust, but even if the price didn't change from now till sailing I'd be fine with it.

So when the prices drop do they automatically adjust your room rate or you have to call? I booked direct with RC before we left our last cruise. Also, I like to watch on Black Friday for sales. Last time, I got the drink package for husband and I which also included wifi for 2 devices at not additional charge.

Thank you. Just did the calculation and you are absolutely correct that is how the pricing was figured. So in the scheme of things my Diamond Plus discount is only $139 less then the general public. Guess it's better then nothing.

Our $250 discount netted $81 less than the sale price without C&A.:eek:

So when the prices drop do they automatically adjust your room rate or you have to call? I booked direct with RC before we left our last cruise. Also, I like to watch on Black Friday for sales. Last time, I got the drink package for husband and I which also included wifi for 2 devices at not additional charge.

It's up to you to monitor prices and notify RCI (or your travel agent) for a price adjustment.

We booked two rooms for the HOTS for May 2018 while onboard because we wanted two very specific Boardwalk balconies for our family. There was, of course, some "sale" being offered, but more important to us was getting the reservation for what we wanted. The price for the two person stateroom was pretty good, but the four person room was outrageous!! We always closely monitor for better pricing. Saw this offer and rebooked yesterday resulting in a savings of $2,200 on the four person cabin. Point being, reserve the room you want and watch closely for sales.

Hi, Linda! I put that same cruise on hold a few days ago during the 30% off sale, but didn't pay the deposit yet. :cool: Today I saw the "Every Third Night Free" sale (33.33% off), so I emailed my travel agency to see if they could adjust the price without me having to cancel and rebook. They said they would check.

Meanwhile, my husband and I are booked on the Nov. 5 Jewel Transatlantic, with plans to travel around Italy first. However, he wasn't too keen about this cruise itinerary (I love it) - so it might not be a keeper.

Hi Nancy!

I hope you book it! I'm traveling solo on this one and it would be great to finally meet you!

i wish their site worked today. i dont believe it for a minute but at the screen before the final price. it shows at top of my screen a 300 savings cause says includes tax etc. i know its wrong but still would be nice. but site continually crashes. sigh.

but maybe i should call and say i want to rebook with 2 nites free

Hi Nancy!

I hope you book it! I'm traveling solo on this one and it would be great to finally meet you!

Linda, I rebooked it and paid the deposit yesterday, so it's possible that I might really take this cruise!

You mentioned Kusadasi on the Jewel roll cal thread (which I'm not committing to yet). It's possible that the political situation in Turkey will improve in the next 18 months, and RCI won't drop that port. If they do - I hope the replacement port is in Greece.

Linda, I rebooked it and paid the deposit yesterday, so it's possible that I might really take this cruise!

You mentioned Kusadasi on the Jewel roll cal thread (which I'm not committing to yet). It's possible that the political situation in Turkey will improve in the next 18 months, and RCI won't drop that port. If they do - I hope the replacement port is in Greece.

Awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed :D

I would be fine with Rhodes or Malta since I enjoyed my stop in Kusadasi in 2014. So glad I got there!