My time dining on Anthem of the seas

I search this forum for answers about the my time dining situation regarding the dining rooms but its seems that a lot of answers are contradictory so I will try. We are booked on the Anthem of the seas for the November 4th sailing with the my time dining.

Correct me If I'm wrong but this is what I read so far :

-The my time dining with reservation (made prior to the cruise or onboard) are in American Icon

-Silk if for my time dining without reservation so walk ins

We do not plan on reserving a seat each night because we like to eat when we are hungry so my questions are :

-Can we really just walk in to silk at anytime we want (like with my time dining on other cruise lines)

-Are the walk ins lines long?

-Is there a way to eat at Grande or Chic without the traditionnal seating (I know this is silly but Those dining rooms are just prettier)

Thanks in advance for your precious help!

We sailed Anthem in February and had MTD. We did not make reservations and ate in Silk 3 times during the week. We went between 5:30 and 6:15 and there was a line but never waited more than 10 minutes. Reservations were eating in American Icon though we did see walk ups being taken in there a couple of times. Other than the first night, we were done with dinner in about an hour and the line was very long when we came out of dinner, one night all the way back to the elevators.

As far as eating in Chic or Grande, those are used for traditional seating times. You can always ask and see if they will accommodate you, but I wouldn't count on it.

I just got off Anthem and I was part of a focus group on dining, so I took part in several group discussions with others. We had traditional dining but those with MTD complained of very long (nightmarish) waiting times for those without reservations unless they went very early (before 5:45pm). Also, about 1/2 hour into the traditional dining times, empty seats in the traditional rooms were used as overflow for MTD and were filled with those on the MTD line.

Thank you so much for these fast answers. Its make a lot more sense now :)

I just got off Anthem and I was part of a focus group on dining, so I took part in several group discussions with others. We had traditional dining but those with MTD complained of very long (nightmarish) waiting times for those without reservations unless they went very early (before 5:45pm). Also, about 1/2 hour into the traditional dining times, empty seats in the traditional rooms were used as overflow for MTD and were filled with those on the MTD line.

Thanks for that, I'll try going 30 min into traditional times and see if they'll accommodate us.

1st time on Anthem--I have been assigned MTD which is fine---I/we can not find where to make a reservation for American Icon?? i really do not want to sit in Silk for 8 of 12 nights. Help please!

You can't choose between American Icon or Silk when you make your reservations online. Once you get on the ship you can go to the dining room and request it. I had reservations for each night and ate in both dining rooms. So the previous post about one being for reservations and one being walk up, is not necessarily true. My only complaint about MTD is that you could have the same reservation time for two consecutive nights, and depending on when you get there, you could walk right in, or it could take 20 minutes for them to find everyone a table. It's better to be 5 minutes early for a popular time, than to be 5 minutes late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Anthem last week and had MTD. We made reservations for all nights but showed up within a half hour either way of our reserved times. We did not wait to be seated at all. I hear about MTD getting a bad rap and read it here but don't understand what the fuss is about.

We prefer to eat between 8 and 9 and request a table for 2.

We were on the Anthem last week and had MTD. We made reservations for all nights but showed up within a half hour either way of our reserved times. We did not wait to be seated at all. I hear about MTD getting a bad rap and read it here but don't understand what the fuss is about.

We prefer to eat between 8 and 9 and request a table for 2.

When did they assign you a dining room? Was it before getting onboard?

You can't choose between American Icon or Silk when you make your reservations online. Once you get on the ship you can go to the dining room and request it. I had reservations for each night and ate in both dining rooms. So the previous post about one being for reservations and one being walk up, is not necessarily true.

Thank you for the response---as of now I reserved some nights and time--- and will MTD the other nights Thanks

Thank you for the response---as of now I reserved some nights and time--- and will MTD the other nights Thanks

You already reserved some nights? I also have my time dining and when I go on the cruise planner it says : sorry we cant reserve right now.

I wonder if its because I only have made the deposit and not the full payment

When did they assign you a dining room? Was it before getting onboard?

We did not know where we would be assigned. Unlike MDR, there is nothing on your sea pass card to indicate where you should go, other than deck 4. We went on our own to the American Icon side just because there was no line. Maybe that's the ticket to getting the dining room you want. Left for Icon, Right for Silk.

Piggybacking off of this if that's ok...

We have MTD but also bought the 3 night specialty dining package and also have access to Coastal Kitchen.

Since I have read that we should have reservations even if we are MTD, should I just make reservations for every night (except for the first) since I don't know when they will set us up for our other specialty restaurants until we get onboard (and then just cancel them)?

Piggybacking off of this if that's ok...

We have MTD but also bought the 3 night specialty dining package and also have access to Coastal Kitchen.

Since I have read that we should have reservations even if we are MTD, should I just make reservations for every night (except for the first) since I don't know when they will set us up for our other specialty restaurants until we get onboard (and then just cancel them)?

That sounds like a good plan.

We did not know where we would be assigned. Unlike MDR, there is nothing on your sea pass card to indicate where you should go, other than deck 4. We went on our own to the American Icon side just because there was no line. Maybe that's the ticket to getting the dining room you want. Left for Icon, Right for Silk.

Left is for cabins that have reservations, right is for cabins that don't have reservations. At least until 1 line gets longer than the other, then they send people to the other line. It's really doesn't seem like they are that organized. My family had MTD this last week on Anthem, we had reservations each evening anywhere from 5:30 to 6 pm. There was always a longer line for the group that did not have reservations, but that was because it takes them longer to figure out what table to sit you at. I don't think I saw either of the dining rooms for MTD more than 75% full.