Dangers in Sydney, etc.

But clearly drop bears have been reproducing rapidly down in Canberra where you are.

Apparently they are likely to wipe out an entire species of "pollie" down there.

Oh well, another extinct species that won't be missed by most forward thinking Australians.

Call it, selective breeding... :D Maybe, survival of the fittest. What next, drop bear pollies?

We can only hope. Luckily most of those pollies have come from elsewhere and only visit so they won't be missed.

And don't forget the kangar-ocodiles in The Top End. An extremely dangerous mutant cross of two native species. They lurk submerged in rivers, lagoons and billabongs with only their tails out of the water. The only way to kill them is to stick your fingers down the two nostrils situated at the end of the tail to suffocate them. Very nasty pieces of work!

I was on a river cruise up there once and nearly lost my hat.:eek:

Thank you to everyone who posted to help me understand the "drop bears" and other species that are native to Australia. Really, kangaroo's and koala's are pretty tame compared to what I've learned here :) !

I'll be learning on my own starting next Thursday (I'm losing Wednesday??), but if I can get Wi-Fi at my hotel I'll be asking more questions!

Thanks,

Fern

Thank you to everyone who posted to help me understand the "drop bears" and other species that are native to Australia. Really, kangaroo's and koala's are pretty tame compared to what I've learned here :) !

I'll be learning on my own starting next Thursday (I'm losing Wednesday??), but if I can get Wi-Fi at my hotel I'll be asking more questions!

Thanks,

Fern

Don't underestimate Roos, they actually have killed people. (Seriously) if they think access to their mate is threatened in breeding season hey can be very dangerous.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/video/2014/oct/07/kangaroos-boxing-match-australia-street-video

But enjoy your stay.

Thanks,

Fern

Great stuff, have a wonderful trip, don't worry too much about the lost day, you get it back on the way home.

Thanks,

Fern

Oh and please ask away, you might have noticed that we're happy to help.

Thanks,

Fern

HUH, Whats a Hotel.

HUH, Whats a Hotel.

Something a bit similar to a cruise ship except that it stays in one place all the time, charges extra for all meals (although you might get breakfast "free") and you have to find and pay for your own entertainment. However they will organize expensive excursions for you on request.

Something a bit similar to a cruise ship except that it stays in one place all the time, charges extra for all meals (although you might get breakfast "free") and you have to find and pay for your own entertainment. However they will organize expensive excursions for you on request.

Who'd pay for that but????

But do you need your own groceries.:p

You'd know it as a fancy pub, with rooms to sleep in and eating spots.

I hear the real fancy ones has the dunny inside, but I don't take with such nonsense.

We see you have both done your research.LOL, ssshhh.

I can't see these 'hotel' things catching on in Australia.

Sounds like some sort of European nonsense.

Especially not with a dunny inside.

What next expect a man to have a both when it's not quarter day.

Ive heard that some of those hotels get great reviews via a website, that cannot be named.;p:halo:

P/S can a dunny be refereed as an En-Suite

I hear they have those suite things on cruise ships as well, I prefer my balcony cabins instead. Who wants to sleep in a bathroom.:confused: