Annoying fellow Passengers

pmattor200

Just got off the Reflection and some of the passengers were extremely rude and annoying. We had a Smoker using his balcony to smoke and continued to do so even after he was confronted by the ships staff. Our friends also had this problem on the opposite side of the ship. A women smoking at the pool and ignoring the pool staff until security made her move. Kids jumping into the pool and splashing everyone even after the mother told them several times to stop (not Family pool). Someone stole my friends book off her pool lounge. Drunk in the theater messing with my suit jacket that I had over the back of my chair in the theater. I hope this was just because we went later in the year than normal. We will probably go back to late January or February next year and hope to have the more pleasant experiences we are used to with Celebrity.

What was your itinerary and length of cruise?

Sounds like not the best set of fellow passengers...have had this once or twice on two different lines. One was a short four day cruise which I think tends to get more unruly people and another had a large group onboard.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise in spite of this.

LOL,;p Sounds like you went on spring break for the kids from school.There are annoying people on every cruise line.Seems like they think because their on vacation ,it gives them permission to act rude and obnoxious.Talk about Rude and obnoxious passengers,We went on the Carnival Breeze a couple of years ago.OMG, People in the buffet area with no shirts on,babies in the hot tub in diapers,kids running and screaming everywhere all hours of the day and night,people in the hot tub with glass glasses.Now there is rules posted everywhere but not enforced by the staff.I will NEVER repeat NEVER go on Carnival ever again.:eek:

This is why we will never go on Spring Break.

For sure on that one; never go during the holidays if you can help it, but Never, never on spring break! I have a TA this month and am so happy to be on it! I guess the OP learned a good lesson, but Celebrity needs to really enforce this policy too, so I guess you just keep calling them or go up the chain of command. These things do happen, as far as rules, they are for others and not the one breaking them.

Sorry you had such an awful time, as I know it was frustrating!

When is Spring Break, please? We don't have it in the UK. Just so I can avoid accidentally booking a cruise then!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spring Break, we have found from experience begins mid March, and we have sailed a number of times during this period, in fact we have just got back from our 11 nights on the Equinox, and have never had an issue, and that includes sailing with Carnival

Hotels in Miami and Fort Lauderdale pre cruise are a different story. Its party central.

When is Spring Break, please? We don't have it in the UK. Just so I can avoid accidentally booking a cruise then!

Started February 27, 2017 and will end April 7, 2017.

Search "2017 college spring break schedule". Every US college is listed by date.

Started February 27, 2017 and will end April 7, 2017.

Search "2017 college spring break schedule". Every US college is listed by

We live in Florida and it always goes until a week after Easter (April 23rd this year). You have to remember the younger school children go on break also.

Just got off the Reflection and some of the passengers were extremely rude and annoying. We had a Smoker using his balcony to smoke and continued to do so even after he was confronted by the ships staff. Our friends also had this problem on the opposite side of the ship. A women smoking at the pool and ignoring the pool staff until security made her move. Kids jumping into the pool and splashing everyone even after the mother told them several times to stop (not Family pool). Someone stole my friends book off her pool lounge. Drunk in the theater messing with my suit jacket that I had over the back of my chair in the theater. I hope this was just because we went later in the year than normal. We will probably go back to late January or February next year and hope to have the more pleasant experiences we are used to with Celebrity.

Have to call out a few things ...

1) How long had your friend been saving a chair with her book before someone 'stole' it? Presumably she'd gone elsewhere or she'd have seen the culprit.

2) If you're talking about the typical theater row-seats, I'd be annoyed if someone flung their jacket over the back of their chair and into my leg space, particularly if I were tall.

Overall this sounded very low-key for the typical 'spring break horror story'.

I agree with the jacket and the book comment. I don't appreciate when someone makes themselves more comfortable in a crowded theater by using my space - and I find the feel of someone else's clothes on me creepy and uncomfortable. And if I am sitting in front of you, please don't hang your jacket off the back of my chair. Next time try wearing it, holding it, or sitting on it. Thank you.

Have to call out a few things ...

1) How long had your friend been saving a chair with her book before someone 'stole' it? Presumably she'd gone elsewhere or she'd have seen the culprit.

2) If you're talking about the typical theater row-seats, I'd be annoyed if someone flung their jacket over the back of their chair and into my leg space, particularly if I were tall.

Overall this sounded very low-key for the typical 'spring break horror story'.

Took the words right our of my mouth...

Ok this is the second post I have read about rude people on this sailing. I was on this sailing and it didn't seem any worse than any other cruise. There will always be rude people living in their own little worlds. The only person I saw who was a little off was this lady was sitting at the Sunset bar and asked the bartender for a grilled cheese sandwich and he just laughed and said ok well I kid you not she went back 10 minutes later and asked where her grilled cheese was and he laughed and said your serious you have to go to the Oceanview and she stomped off with no cover up or shoes but I'll be darned here she comes 15 minutes later with someone following her with a grilled cheese. The one other thing I did see was six people saving chairs in the shade on port days with their towels and clips. We wanted so bad to go move their clips and towels. But like I said no worse than any other cruise.

Are you sure you weren't on Carnival?! ;) ;p

That statement is a bit uncalled for. Terrible passengers can be on any ship. I was solicited by a prostitute on an RCI ship and don't think all of their guests are like that. Class and being able to afford a more premium cruise experience are not synonymous with one another.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We did a B2B on Navigator of the Seas. It started on Saturday after Thanksgiving and the second week was only a 5 nighter. Everything went well the first trip except clearing customs between the sailing. A couple never showed up at the lounge we were waiting in so we didn't go to customs until 11:30.

OMG, the next cruise was soooo much different than the first. A Diamond at the Schooner Bar commented on how many people were in the "new cruiser" line. After all, one cruise under your belt you get to go to the Gold passenger line. There was a fistfight in the line waiting to embark. Kids running amok in the Solarium even going so far as to stick their gum in the middle of one of the horse statues nose. Adults bringing kids into the solarium pool. Adults in the solarium pool doing belly flops and playing leap frog. The pool police were absent the first cruise but in full force on the second. Witnessed a near fist fight because security had removed their items from the hogged chair. They came back several hours later and told an elderly gentleman to get out of their (colorful language) lounger.

I have taken a 3 day Majesty cruise after Thanksgiving and found it very tolerable. That last cruise had me wondering if I was really on Royal Caribbean instead of Carnival! Because of the price - $197 for an inside - I think there were people who had never cruised before. While watching for pier runners in Cozumel, a man told me that a huge number of RCCL passengers were in the line to get on the Disney Wonder! OK folks, I have news for you. If you came on a white ship, chances are they didn't paint it black while at dock.

We were on this cruise and the cruisers were ruder than we've ever seen in the nearly two dozen cruises we've taken. What I witnessed were all adults (40s and up) behaving badly. Several groups would demand immediate attention and not wait for those already waiting at the bar to give their order. In addition, one of our friends was in a wheelchair and some cruisers were being disrespectful of her while trying to get in and off the elevator, among other things.

We were on this cruise and the cruisers were ruder than we've ever seen in the nearly two dozen cruises we've taken. What I witnessed were all adults (40s and up) behaving badly. Several groups would demand immediate attention and not wait for those already waiting at the bar to give their order. In addition, one of our friends was in a wheelchair and some cruisers were being disrespectful of her while trying to get in and off the elevator, among other things.

Obviously not Spring Breakers as some assumed. This is where passengers need to be proactive and report disruptive and disrespectful behavior. I've seen people confined to their cabin with a Security Guard seated by the door and know of cases where people were put off at the first port. Several cruisers, including some long time cruisers have been banned from future cruises.

Celebrity is no longer a small "upscale feel" cruise line. It had a nice country club ambiance when it had fewer ships and a fairly homogeneous clientele...age wise, behavior wise, dress wise etc.,,

It is no longer any different than others, esp because the ships are beautiful and the alc packages are a lure for many...

They may try to recreate the old concept with suite class but the world of cruising has changed!

I agree with the jacket and the book comment. I don't appreciate when someone makes themselves more comfortable in a crowded theater by using my space - and I find the feel of someone else's clothes on me creepy and uncomfortable. And if I am sitting in front of you, please don't hang your jacket off the back of my chair. Next time try wearing it, holding it, or sitting on it. Thank you.

I agree. If someone in front of me placed their jacket on the back of their chair, I would warn them that I like to cross my legs and their jacket might get a bit dirty. Please don't encroach on my space.

Other posters have given you very accurate advice. March & April are the most popular Spring Break months, & the Caribbean, Bahamas, & Mexico sailings are the most popular destinations.

However, should you wish to sail those destinations during the Spring, my advice is to book a sailing of 8 days or more. Spring Breakers, both college students & children are usually booked up to 7 days maximum due to their school schedules.