Cost of Kids Meal at Izumi Hibachi?

I have been trying to find out what the kids can order at Izumi, Giovanni's, Samba and Chops. I wanted to know the prices too, but from what I understand the kids menu is $10 per restaurant. I have even sent an inquiry to Royal Caribbean two weeks ago and have only received the "canned" response that my email was received and it would be answered asap.

This makes a big difference to me as we are sailing on Allure and there are 5 adults and 1 child and depending on the menu, the 12 year old might be better with an adult's menu. We plan to order the 4 or 5 night dining package, but at the rate we are going, we won't be ordering anything extra.

It appears that Royal Caribbean doesn't care one way or the other, so why should i? Sorry for the rant, but I think this is poor customer service.

The kids menu tends to be a pared down version of the adult menu. Plain pasta sauce as opposed to vodka sauce in Giovanni's type things. 4 oz steak in Chops etc.

If they eat off the adult menu you are charged the full adult price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did not eat at Izumi Hibachi on Oasis, but just did on Harmony a few weeks ago. The kids paid adult price. Because the hibachi seating is so limited, if a child takes a seat, they are paying the same price an adult would. In the other specialty restaurants, our kids were charged $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did not eat at Izumi Hibachi on Oasis, but just did on Harmony a few weeks ago. The kids paid adult price. Because the hibachi seating is so limited, if a child takes a seat, they are paying the same price an adult would. In the other specialty restaurants, our kids were charged $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was not our experience on Harmony in December. My son had the kids meal at Izumi, and it was a smaller version of the adult meal. I don't remember the exact menu, but I recall there was something my son didn't like so they gave him miso soup instead. We were charged the kid's price.

My kids are so picky so I am curious if they offer a kids menu with traditional kids meal items like chicken nuggets, macncheese, etc. Otherwise I may have to dine here when they are in the kids club:D

The kids menu features Japanese food -- same as the regular Izumi menu, just smaller portions.

My kids are so picky so I am curious if they offer a kids menu with traditional kids meal items like chicken nuggets, macncheese, etc. Otherwise I may have to dine here when they are in the kids club:D

the typical KF options are on the MDR kids menu. the specialty dining kids menus are smaller, less exotic versions of the regular menu. only 5 and under can eat off the MDR Kid Menu in a specialty.

Izumi hibachi is a great show for kids and adults. The meal includes edamame, a salad, fried rice, grilled meat of your choice (chicken, shrimp, filet mignon, lobster) and dessert. They ask about allergies and picky eaters. How old are the kids? Will they eat plain, grilled chicken or steak? They will cook some plain for them. If they don't eat fried rice, will they eat just plain, white rice. They will give them that instead. You can also order from the sushi side of the restaurant too (at an additional cost). We got a gyoza appetizer and others at our table got lots of sushi to eat while the cooking show was happening.

If you want to do it, I would book it and then go talk to them in advance to see if they will have what your kids will eat. You can always cancel on the ship and get a refund to your on board account.

Does anyone know the cost for kids to dine at Izumi Hibachi on Oasis? The menu just says see onboard prices. And kids 5 and under dine free.

Izumi is al la carte pricing. I don't believe they have a kid's menu, but you can order one item instead of several. This is not like the other restaurants on the ship.

Izumi is al la carte pricing. I don't believe they have a kid's menu, but you can order one item instead of several. This is not like the other restaurants on the ship.

The hibachi side of the restaurant is not a la carte, and does have a kid's menu as described above.

Not all Izumi are a la carte. And not all have the hibachi set up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the info and I will report back what we end up doing. I have one child under 5, so if I am understanding correctly she can eat from the kids menu from the MDR when we are at the hibachi side?! My other 2 kids would cost $10 each? They will eat fried rice and they love the hibachi place at home, so I think they would enjoy the experience.

If I recall correctly from our Harmony cruise last summer, the Hibachi side was not covered under dining plans. We could do the regular Izumi side, but not Hibachi, that had to be paid separately. We had a 5 night dining package and decided that we'd spent enough so we missed the Hibachi experience.

• 1 year later...