If you were booking 3 nights at specialty restaurants, which of these would you choos

morningstar4

We have the UDP, which includes 3 nights of specialty dining. The options we're considering are Le Bistro, La Cucina, Teppenyaki and Cagney's. We are quite spoiled and have a hibachi restaurant that we love near our home so I'm not sure if it makes sense to book Teppenyaki, but we do love Japanese food. I know food preferences are very subjective, but would love to hear your opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have the UDP, which includes 3 nights of specialty dining. The options we're considering are Le Bistro, La Cucina, Teppenyaki and Cagney's. We are quite spoiled and have a hibachi restaurant that we love near our home so I'm not sure if it makes sense to book Teppenyaki, but we do love Japanese food. I know food preferences are very subjective, but would love to hear your opinions!

If you have not been to Teppenyaki do try it~ the food is really good and the "show" is fun! We love Cagney's and Le Bistro- I reviewed them on my blog too!

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/04/specialty-dining-on-norwegian-cagneys.html

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialty-dining-on-norwegian-le-bistro.html

Cagneys

Le Bistro

Teppenyaki but in your case another Cagneys.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have to agree...Cagney's menu is such that you can easily find two totally different multi course options with a five course meal and different sides. So, two nights there, plus Le Bistro would be the way to go. Remember, in Le Bistro, men must wear long pants.

We did cagneys twice. Also we did Teppenyaki twice. and Le Bistro once. We got Teppenyaki twice because the first server was so bad at doing the job the manager comped us a second meal with their top chef and a free bottle of wine of our choice. So worth it the second time. I'll go again when I take my next cruise to show my brother who is going with us this time. So Teppenyaki is #1 on my list :D.

Le Bistro was our favourite, followed by Cagneys. Teppenyaki was meh...okay for the entertainment but once you've seen one you've seen them all. Food was okay, but I would have much preferred a second meal at Le Bistro.

We did the Teppanyaki and the show was fun but I wouldn't do it again- I found the food way too rich with the amount of butter they use, which isn't how I'm used to eating Japanese food! This time we are doing Cagneys, Moderno and La Cucina. Moderno is worth it for the cheese rolls and pineapple if nothing else, and we have never tried La Cucina. Although if we didn't have the free dining package we probably wouldn't be bothering with any speciality dining.

I always come back to my local teppanyaki joint for the good show and the reliably great food.

And even though the show on the Sun last summer was nothing in comparison, we still went twice for lack of a better option. If you enjoy the spectacle, I'd go to Teppanyaki anyway.

But then again, I found the food in the specialty restaurants on the Sun only so-so. Very large portions, but taste wise, nothing I can't get around here or make at home better. Fortunately, we had the dinning package perk back when it was no service charge and unlimited nights.

We found La Cucina surprisingly excellent and we have top knotch Italan restaurants here .Cagney is a must as is Bistro ....go whereever you like .We sometimes pay for a few extra ones

I loved cirque show ..food was fine too

If you have not been to Teppenyaki do try it~ the food is really good and the "show" is fun! We love Cagney's and Le Bistro- I reviewed them on my blog too!

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/04/specialty-dining-on-norwegian-cagneys.html

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/03/specialty-dining-on-norwegian-le-bistro.html

Thanks for the reviews

Less for the neon green typo [emoji51] [emoji12]

We have Moderno and Tempayaki already booked and will book our last dinning left onboard and choose Cagneys

Edited by quaker77

We had 4 meals and did cagney's, La cucina , teppanyaki, and moderno; out rating was:

1. La cucina

2. Moderno

3. Teppanyaki

MDR, blue lagoon, jasmine garden, buffet, cold leftovers from the fridge

10. Cagney's

Cagneys was awful on our ship. When we got there we should have known because there was a woman at the hostess stand complaining about how bad it was. That she sent everything back twice and it never came out good (and why we didn't bother sending our food back)

But, to address you question; we have a japenese steakhouse at home we eat at regularly and we still enjoyed teppanyaki. The show was nothing special but the food was good and the sauces were different. We also really enjoy modernos for the variety, the sides, and the salad bar.

Going on the Breakaway next week and I booked:

Teppanyaki...For the show!

Cagneys...For the steak & sides!

Le Bistro...For the mushroom soup!

Won't book La Cucina, not so good, they don't even have Chicken Parm anymore!

Thanks so much everybody!! My stomach is rumbling just thinking of all of these yummy choices. :) We booked Teppenyaki, Cagney's and Le Bistro, though I wish we were trying La Cucina too. Does anybody know if the cirque dinner show is on the Gem? Would love to do that too!

Last fall on the Getaway, we enjoyed Cagney's, Le Bistro, and Teppanyaki - Cagney's was our favorite followed closely by Le Bistro - fantastic food! We had a blast at Teppanyaki - very entertaining and the food was good - but not the same type of experience as the others. We also ate at Ocean Blue - it was good, but our least favorite - maybe we were expecting too much? Although not Specialty Dining, we were really impressed with the food, ambiance, and service in Tropicana - one of the MDRs.

We'll be doing the 3-meal dining package on the Escape this fall - haven't figured out yet what we want to take in, but very sure it will be fantastic again!

Booked on the BA next February and trying to learn everything.

Quick question, if I book a 3 restaurant package, I can go twice to Cagney's? Or any of them?

TIA.

Yes....you can make your reservations 90 days out, or 100 days if staying in the haven.