Carnival Elation dry dock 2017

SCAnthony

We been doing this on the past four or five cruises with the exception if the ship doesn't have the steakhouse, but that was the Fascination out of Jax now we have the Elation that has the Steakhouse and thankfully she is going into dry dock this year before we get to cruise on her.

Elation doesn't have a Steakhouse. We were just on her last month on a B2B.

Per John Heald's FB, when someone asked just this weekend.

No water works. All he said was she's getting a Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana, & Alchemy Bar.

Dry dock dates are:

8/31/17 - 9/27/17

Hope that helps clear up speculation.

We have only sailed on bigger ships(Carnival Dream and RC Liberty) but we are looking forward to trying a smaller ship. I read a lot of negative things about the Elation but I looked at pictures and videos and it already looked pretty nice to me. Can't wait to see it after the renovations. We are doing the 5 day Oct 7 sailing to Nassau and HMC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See you there! We're sailing then too. Hopefully they'll be completed on updates.

I started a Roll Call,in that section.

Per John Heald's FB, when someone asked just this weekend.

No water works. All he said was she's getting a Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana, & Alchemy Bar.

Dry dock dates are:

8/31/17 - 9/27/17

Hope that helps clear up speculation.

I wonder with a swimming obsessed 8 year old if the Ecstasy would be better? I've never been on this class of ship. I'm sure it will be packed being winter break.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder with a swimming obsessed 8 year old if the Ecstasy would be better? I've never been on this class of ship. I'm sure it will be packed being winter break.

I've only ever been on one cruise, on Fascination, too many years ago. No kids. If you think your child would have more fun w a water park, instead of one slide, then Ecstacy is the answer. I personally booked the sailing for HMC. It was cheaper for Fall Break. My guys like water, but at this stage in parenting I can't seem to fill them up long, lol. I know they'd rather have breakfast burritos at Blue iguana than the water park. I was kinda bumbed she's not getting water works, but it's bc I like them. 😊 I'm thinking once I'm chewing down on my 5th Burger of the trip, I won't miss the water park. Best of luck & happy sailing!

I took my 6 year old grandson and he loved the slide going in to the pool. the crew and shows made up by far for the waterworks we loved it! it has the Hasbo game show and dr. seuss fun so that also helped

I booked Elation over the weekend. It will be December, and on Sea Days it may just be to chilly. One slide and the pool will be good enough. I also heard more positives about the port in JAX than Charleston. It will be nice to be in an updated ship.

I booked Elation over the weekend. It will be December, and on Sea Days it may just be to chilly. One slide and the pool will be good enough. I also heard more positives about the port in JAX than Charleston. It will be nice to be in an updated ship.

What dates in December? I'm looking for one for my grandson and I. I hate SC port Jacksonville is by far better. I emailed my favorite cruise director and asked him about dry dock . It's his ship so I'm sure he knows. I'll keep y'all posted

Everything else being equal, my wife and I prefer Jacksonville's port as it seems much more streamlined and quicker for getting onboard. Charleston isn't terrible but it has been hit or miss for us in the past for how long it took to get onboard. To be fair our sailings from Charleston were before staggered check in was implemented so it may be better and more consistent now. I also think they are letting you walk to/from the terminal and parking now so you can avoid riding the shuttles if you wish.

• 1 month later...

On Carnivals website you can click on different activities/ dining. Red Frog, Blue Iguana, Guy's, and Waterworks list Elation as "coming soon". I assume that is a part of the dry dock. I was hoping for a Seaside Theater. Movies and snacks at night under the stars is pretty relaxing.

On Carnivals website you can click on different activities/ dining. Red Frog, Blue Iguana, Guy's, and Waterworks list Elation as "coming soon". I assume that is a part of the dry dock. I was hoping for a Seaside Theater. Movies and snacks at night under the stars is pretty relaxing.
The Seaside Theater is currently available on 14 out of the 24 ships in the fleet. The Horizon will be 15. Don't think that the Theater has ever been added to a ship during dry dock.

The Seaside Theater is currently available on 14 out of the 24 ships in the fleet. The Horizon will be 15. Don't think that the Theater has ever been added to a ship during dry dock.

The Seaside theater has been added to many ships during dry dock. However, they have never added one to a Fantasy class ship.

Actually I believe it has been added to some in dry dock. I can think of several, Pride, Victory, Triumph and probably more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're having our wedding on a November sailing so I had our group planner forward me the official dry-dock plans.

Dry Dock from 8/31/17-9/27/17

Routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements- We did a ship tour in April and they were already working on new carpet and tile in the cabins.

Cherry on Top (to replace Special Occasions)

Blue Iguana Cantina (to replace Mongolian Wok food service)

Guy's Burger Joint (to replace Off the Grill and Rotisierre food service)

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (to replace pool bar)

Red Frog Rum Bar (to replace pool bar)

Camp Ocean (to replace Camp Carnival)

Water Works- the email had a note saying that this project wouldn't be completed during the dry dock but that it would open some time after the dry dock.

We're doing a final ship tour in October (to finalize things for the wedding). :)

Be thankful that there is a month plus gap between your sailing and the end of the dry dock. There was a major delay with waterworks installation on another ship in the fleet that caused many problems for the first few post drydock sailings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We were kind of disappointed that they didn't add any specialty dining restaurants, but it is a small ship, so there really wouldn't be any room for it. I'm so excited- A (the obvious) because I'm getting married but B because I've never seen a ship "before" and "after" a renovation before.

We're having our wedding on a November sailing so I had our group planner forward me the official dry-dock plans.

Dry Dock from 8/31/17-9/27/17

Routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements- We did a ship tour in April and they were already working on new carpet and tile in the cabins.

Cherry on Top (to replace Special Occasions)

Blue Iguana Cantina (to replace Mongolian Wok food service)

Guy's Burger Joint (to replace Off the Grill and Rotisierre food service)

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar (to replace pool bar)

Red Frog Rum Bar (to replace pool bar)

Camp Ocean (to replace Camp Carnival)

Water Works- the email had a note saying that this project wouldn't be completed during the dry dock but that it would open some time after the dry dock.

We're doing a final ship tour in October (to finalize things for the wedding). :)

Still an awful long dry dock for just those items

Sent from my iPad using Forums