Close to Diamond Status

My Father and I figured out Royal Caribbeans Loyalty system quickly. We book 15 night or 14 night Trans Atlantic Cruises and the Suez Canal and went from pre-Gold to Emerald on the following cruises

#1. Serenade San Juan-Barcelona

#2 Navigator New Orleans-Rome

#3 Splendour Sao Paulo-Barcelona

#4 Explorer Barcelona-Dubai

#5 April 2018 Brilliance Tampa-Amsterdam.

We will then be roughly 8 nights away from Diamond. 57+15=72 Diamond is 80 and it can only get better from there.

Thanks to Cruise Critic we have become Cruise Addicts and did this the right way. We were Platinum for only one Cruise then became Emerald for this Cruise and the Next then Diamond.

I am thinking to book a B2B Trans Atlantic-Med to celebrate this milestone and become Diamond on the 2nd Cruise and bring my Mother to congratulate her on her PHD and her upcoming retirement.

Or perhaps my Father and I will take one cruise in between get Diamond then bring my Mother along.

What a way for all of us to enjoy the Diamond Lounge together.

What says you? Is the one of the quickest jumps? I know there may be very few who do this jump quicker than us booking suites or paying more for balconies but we did it very economically where Cruises averaged $900 per person in Ocean Views but this time we booked into an Interior and hope for the Auto Upgrade(may or may not come but so what we will use the money saved for Amsterdam).

So you take a bunch of cruises just to get to "Diamond" status?

Sounds very similar to the kid who plays the skee ball machine over & over to win prizes.

He puts in $40 and wins enough tickets to win a pencil eraser or plastic fang.....

Sounds very similar to the kid who plays the skee ball machine over & over to win prizes.

He puts in $40 and wins enough tickets to win a pencil eraser or plastic fang.....

So you compare two adults taking 5 Cruises is compared to a kid playing skee ball? Bawaaaaaaa

but this time we booked into an Interior and hope for the Auto Upgrade(may or may not come but so what we will use the money saved for Amsterdam).

It is very unlikely to to come - not sure where you got this Auto-Upgrade idea.:confused:

Biker, who also got a lot of his points toward D on TAs.

Congrats. It's nice to know there are others out there that enjoy their status and cruising so much!

Have fun TA's are some of my DH and I's favorite trips. Anything over 10 days and non-Caribbean is always a pleasure to experience.

Keep Cruising!

Diamond is ok but is not so awesome as to be preoccupied with it. When it happens it happens.

I agree with both of these.

I took the same road as the tortoise and finally made Diamond with one cruise a year. Very anticlimatic once I was there and have no plans to try for anything higher. But I decided to use the status to try Celebrity (and other lines).

We're taking a similar approach, we'll stick with RCI until we hit Diamond, before giving Celebrity try, perhaps a short taster cruise. With the benefits transferred of course ;p

Thanks to Cruise Critic we have become Cruise Addicts and did this the right way. We were Platinum for only one Cruise then became Emerald for this Cruise and the Next then Diamond.

I'm sure you and your parents will enjoy Diamond status immensely when you reach it. It's a nice little bonus for being loyal to the brand. My partner and I would cruise RCL all the time if we could but they only sail out of the U.K from April to October so it's taken us a while to climb the loyalty ladder. Hopefully D+ in 2019.

Enjoy your cruises!

I sail solo so I usually get double points for each cruise. So I'll be Emerald after my next cruise on the Anthem. I take one cruise a year (7 days). I look forward to the in creased perks but it's not really why I Cruise I love the experience and think it's the best way to vacation for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you compare two adults taking 5 Cruises is compared to a kid playing skee ball? Bawaaaaaaa

It pretty much sounds like the OP is just interested in becoming Diamond,

Than actually going on the cruise for the cruise experience.

My analogy is pretty dead-on..........

My Father and I figured out Royal Caribbeans Loyalty system quickly. We book 15 night or 14 night Trans Atlantic Cruises and the Suez Canal and went from pre-Gold to Emerald on the following cruises

#1. Serenade San Juan-Barcelona

#2 Navigator New Orleans-Rome

#3 Splendour Sao Paulo-Barcelona

#4 Explorer Barcelona-Dubai

#5 April 2018 Brilliance Tampa-Amsterdam.

We will then be roughly 8 nights away from Diamond. 57+15=72 Diamond is 80 and it can only get better from there.

I am thinking to book a B2B Trans Atlantic-Med to celebrate this milestone and become Diamond on the 2nd Cruise and bring my Mother to congratulate her on her PHD and her upcoming retirement.

Or perhaps my Father and I will take one cruise in between get Diamond then bring my Mother along.

What a way for all of us to enjoy the Diamond Lounge together.

What says you? Is the one of the quickest jumps? I know there may be very few who do this jump quicker than us booking suites or paying more for balconies but we did it very economically where Cruises averaged $900 per person in Ocean Views but this time we booked into an Interior and hope for the Auto Upgrade(may or may not come but so what we will use the money saved for Amsterdam).

Will your mother be able to join you in the Diamond lounge?

We have been Emerald on two RCI cruises and we figured out we could take an 11 day and. 10 day to reach diamond. Now that we're retired we can do that. We've been Platinum on Carnival for so long and we've sailed them the most, but we're slowly switching to RCI. The perks are nice.

We have our 11 day booked and are looking for the 10 day.

Perks are nice but not the reason to cruise.where you go and people you meet is number one for me.The ship and its amenities is second.How ever doing med and t/a b2b being Diamond after first half will be nice "perk".

Will your mother be able to join you in the Diamond lounge?

No, she would not, unless she is Diamond herself. As stated in the rules sheet she would receive from the DL concierge. However, if Daddy is then already Diamond and registered in the same cabin with the same address on the reservation as Mommy, then she would be allowed in as inheriting his status.

Congrats. It's nice to know there are others out there that enjoy their status and cruising so much!

Have fun TA's are some of my DH and I's favorite trips. Anything over 10 days and non-Caribbean is always a pleasure to experience.

Keep Cruising!

When I see "Cruising" on the itinerary plus cool ports I get the best of both worlds time to enjoy the ship for what it is and port days to enjoy the ports and the local culture. I don't mind missing lunch to try a good Irish Pub or local restaurant.

We enjoyed a nice FIsh and Chips in Gibraltar and the owner of the shop was kind enough to pour us Pints gratis as we got talking about the local culture to good pizza in Florence.

When cruising you get to experience a taste of the local culture and then plan to return to the port city you visited and stay there.

We had spent a week in Barcelona so on another cruise when we had a day in Barcelona I took some people around that I had met on board Barcelona and in turn they bought me lunch and we shared a good bottle of wine and stories.

Cruising has allowed me to meet new people from different cultures and enjoy relaxing time like at a resort.

You never get bored on those Trans Atlantics.

No, she would not, unless she is Diamond herself. As stated in the rules sheet she would receive from the DL concierge. However, if Daddy is then already Diamond and registered in the same cabin with the same address on the reservation as Mommy, then she would be allowed in as inheriting his status.

I would enroll my Mother as living at the same address and do a status match for the spouse.

I am at diamond and it is not a big deal on rccl. I was traveling with my sister who was in same room and they would not let her attend anything with me because she was not diamond. That was my last cruise on rccl. When I mentioned it on here that I did not want to go to events alone and leave her in cabin by herself I was really attack in the negative. It seems to be a very touch subject for some people

When I mentioned it on here that I did not want to go to events alone and leave her in cabin by herself I was really attack in the negative. It seems to be a very touch subject for some people

Well if you start whining about how it's unfair that she can't go to an event for Diamonds only (when she is not a Diamond), then yea, I can see some giving you the business. RCI has rules and policies - you didn't like some of them and moved on, fair enough. Don't expect niceties on CC, or any online forum for that matter.