Cabin suggestions for boardwalk balcony on any of the oasis class ships.

I have seen this info before but can not find it. I am looking for suggestions of cabins that have cabins both above and below, and that you can see at least some of the aqua theater. Appreciate any help. Thanks

I had a Boardwalk balcony (3rd from the end), and while it had a nice view of the water out the back of the ship, and a great view of the Aqua Theater...it was a looonnng walk back and forth to the elevator. Especially if you forgot something from your cabin. Also, the Boardwalk can be a bit noisy late at night (the noise leaks through), especially if they're showing a game on the Aqua Theater screen.

Meanwhile, there were plenty of seats available in regular Aqua Theater seating, and they were a bit closer to the show.

I'm booking a Central Park balcony next time.

Thanks for the info and sorry for the duplicate post, didn"t think the first one posted. Having never been on oasis class, I can see that the walk could be an issue. Well, you can"t have everything.

I had a Boardwalk balcony (3rd from the end), and while it had a nice view of the water out the back of the ship, and a great view of the Aqua Theater...it was a looonnng walk back and forth to the elevator. Especially if you forgot something from your cabin. Also, the Boardwalk can be a bit noisy late at night (the noise leaks through), especially if they're showing a game on the Aqua Theater screen.

Meanwhile, there were plenty of seats available in regular Aqua Theater seating, and they were a bit closer to the show.

I'm booking a Central Park balcony next time.

Noise didn't bother us in the boardwalk cabin. I don't think it would be an issue unless someone is going to bed before 11:00 or so. Central Park is OK to walk in to get to the restaurants occasionally, but we'd have NO interest in a balcony overlooking it.

Noise didn't bother us in the boardwalk cabin. I don't think it would be an issue unless someone is going to bed before 11:00 or so. Central Park is OK to walk in to get to the restaurants occasionally, but we'd have NO interest in a balcony overlooking it.

Why is that? Does noise echo in that part of the ship?

Why is that? Does noise echo in that part of the ship?
There is a bit of an echo in the Boardwalk due to all the hard surfaces (deck etc), but the greater issue is the late-night noise from games being broadcast.

There is a bit of an echo in the Boardwalk due to all the hard surfaces (deck etc), but the greater issue is the late-night noise from games being broadcast.

If you're referring to the Boardwalk, they show movies and other things on the screen at night at a fairly high noise level.

Thank you both. That makes sense. Glad we didn't choose that area!

We booked two connecting Boardwalk rooms on Harmony but on Deck 8, directly above Johnny Rockets. We don't go to bed terribly early (esp with our two teens!) but I can't help wonder if we should switch to deck nine or higher. Anyone ever have Deck 8 and did you have any issues?? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I personally dislike all boardwalk and central parks balconies. Who want to look across at neighbors all week. I will always book ocean balcony. I go on a cruise to see the ocean not inside a mall with no privacy.

I agree. I want a balcony that I can sit out on and get away from all the people. I can just imagine kids running up and down, yelling to their friends or family, or that obnoxious little one constantly yelling, "Look at me, mommy!". If I were you, I'd at least go as high as possible instead of being right above J. Rockets.

We booked two connecting Boardwalk rooms on Harmony but on Deck 8, directly above Johnny Rockets. We don't go to bed terribly early (esp with our two teens!) but I can't help wonder if we should switch to deck nine or higher. Anyone ever have Deck 8 and did you have any issues?? Thanks!!

We recently returned from HOTS and had the last four aft cabins portside on deck #9....the Abyss blocked a lot of the view...it seemed deck #10 just above us might have had a bit better view....but the Abyss really blocks most now on this ship. I was also surprised at how loud the movies were very late at night past midnight some nights. I booked these cabins at a great price (when the booking opened in June 2015) and my extended family that included toddler grandsons enjoyed the views...but personally if it had been just the two of us I wouldn't have booked this location or category at all.

I agree. I want a balcony that I can sit out on and get away from all the people. I can just imagine kids running up and down, yelling to their friends or family, or that obnoxious little one constantly yelling, "Look at me, mommy!". If I were you, I'd at least go as high as possible instead of being right above J. Rockets.

Being above JR's wasn't the problem....it was the netted in climbing wall (Lucky Climber) for kids that was....Kids screaming late into the night (after midnight) while parents (One large family group in particular most every night) just sat drinking at the Sabor Bar from what we personally saw from our balcony. We know people are on vacation...but REALLY have some consideration !

Edited by Ashland

We had our first Boardwalk, Deck 12, on the Oasis in January and loved it!!!

We love watching all the activity below and during the day we could see the zip liners.

We much prefer these over ocean view balconies!!!

We have 11725 a Boardwalk Balcony cabin. 3rd from the back.

I've had Oceanview Balconies, which I can book on any ship. We definitely wanted to try this type of cabin.

It's just me and hubby and so looking forward to ordering room service, drink my wine and watching the Aqua Shows, movies and any other Boardwalk entertainment without leaving my cabin.:D

Sitting on my balcony reading a book and admiring that aft ocean view! The best of both worlds for us.:cool:

However, with this type of setup, my cabin has bed by the closet, which is what i wanted.

I did not care for our Boardwalk balcony and would not do it again. I have never had a balcony before that we did not sit out on, and I rarely saw others use theirs except for laying clothes out to dry. Noise in the cabin was not an issue as long as our door was latched but we kept the drapes drawn most of the time for privacy. Noise outside was constant, the bell that is rung at the start and end of the carousel was annoying! I also found it hot, even though you are outside i didn't feel much air circulation

We had cabin 12325 on Allure and although it was a long walk from the elevator, we loved the cabin. It was noisy on the balcony, but wasn't bad in the cabin. During the day we could hear a few things, but at night, we didn't have any problem.

We missed the Ocean Aria show the first night due to bad weather, but a few nights later, we were able to watch it from our balcony. It was great and the only real noise I could say was when there was some Dreamworks things, maybe a parade, where people were cheering etc. That was during the day so not a problem.

I would have no problem staying in a Boardwalk balcony again. Although I loved Central Park, I don't think I could do one of those balconies as there is not much air circulation there and in summer, I think the balconies would be really hot. I could be wrong, but based on our cruise, that's what I feel.

Ashland- did you take photos

From your balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So sorry, no I didn't, but use the search option (or Google) just before my cruise someone did post pictures of the cabin we were in so it was no surprise at the obstruction and how close the Abyss slide was to our balcony.