Need Advise On Coral Bumpout Forward

gagenie

I really need advise on the bumpout Balcony forward sections on the Baja & Caribe Decks. We are booked in B314 now but can move to the bumpout out on either deck.

What is the pros and cons for these cabins.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I really need advise on the bumpout Balcony forward sections on the Baja & Caribe Decks. We are booked in B314 now but can move to the bumpout out on either deck.

What is the pros and cons for these cabins.

Thank you in advance for your help.

This link will help to see about covered or uncovered balconies.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I don't remember which deck (309) I was on (Coral Princess), but it was the last cabin in the first bump out. Best cabin ever!

Glass balcony railing curved (yes, balcony was slightly, oh so slightly, smaller).

Because it was at the end of the bump out, the other cabins offered wind shear protection. Think deflector on a car/truck.

No obstruction, you could see a wider range (and your neighbors balcony and room aft of you).

IMG_1525_zps12fc1bbe.jpg

IMG_1524_zps3ed20cb4.jpg

Edited by cr8tiv1

This link will help to see about covered or uncovered balconies.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Thank you for the link!!

What I was really wanting to know is will it be better view, colder etc. on the bumpout balcony, sorry I didn't explain it well. Would you stay where we are at with B314 or move to a more forward bumpout?

I don't remember which deck (309) I was on (Coral Princess), but it was the last cabin in the first bump out. Best cabin ever!

Glass balcony railing curved (yes, balcony was slightly, oh so slightly, smaller).

Because it was at the end of the bump out, the other cabins offered wind shear protection. Think deflector on a car/truck.

No obstruction, you could see a wider range (and your neighbors balcony and room aft of you).

IMG_1525_zps12fc1bbe.jpg

IMG_1524_zps3ed20cb4.jpg

Oh WOW!! What a view!! Thank you for the pictures!! It does look a little smaller but who cares!! You can really see a long way!! I've emailed my TA to see if I can change

Oh WOW!! What a view!! Thank you for the pictures!! It does look a little smaller but who cares!! You can really see a long way!! I've emailed my TA to see if I can change

As the old Chinese proverb goes: A picture is worth a thousand words. I am so glad you are considering this cabin. Looks like is it is Caribe Deck. Can't remember....lol. Did a b2b2b (LA/Vancouver/Whittier/Vancouver). Enjoy the stateroom. One of the best I've been in.

As the old Chinese proverb goes: A picture is worth a thousand words. I am so glad you are considering this cabin. Looks like is it is Caribe Deck. Can't remember....lol. Did a b2b2b (LA/Vancouver/Whittier/Vancouver). Enjoy the stateroom. One of the best I've been in.

Well the pictures did it for me!! I am now booked on Caribe Deck 310:D Again thank you so much for the pictures!!

Well the pictures did it for me!! I am now booked on Caribe Deck 310:D Again thank you so much for the pictures!!

So, does that put you in the cabin where the wraparound portion of the balcony faces toward the front of the ship?

The reason I ask is because we had the cabin NEXT TO the one that had the forward facing balcony, and were very happy with it, because we got a lot of use of it. The gentleman next door, in the one with the forward facing wraparound balcony, was not nearly as pleased, because due to the wind created while to ship is cruising along in the open sea at 20-25 knots, he was very limited in when he could use his balcony.

We had the forward corner bumpout (416 I think) and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. That said, give the choice, I would probably take the rear facing corner bump on the same section. While it never made it unuseable, there was notably more wind underway. On a Panama Canal itinerary it was quite nice, in Alaska might be a bit of an issue depending on temps.

We had the mid-ship forward-corner bump-out on a Vancouver to Whittier cruise and LOVED it. The view was fantastic, and if it was cold we layered clothing or wrapped up in a blanket. We considered it to be part of the Alaska experience! The curve in the balcony does give you a slightly smaller balcony, but with just 2 of us in the cabin, it was a non-issue.

We had the forward corner bumpout (416 I think) and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. That said, give the choice, I would probably take the rear facing corner bump on the same section. While it never made it unuseable, there was notably more wind underway. On a Panama Canal itinerary it was quite nice, in Alaska might be a bit of an issue depending on temps.

That's what I figure if it gets too cold I'll just put on more clothes:D There was no Aft available.

We had the mid-ship forward-corner bump-out on a Vancouver to Whittier cruise and LOVED it. The view was fantastic, and if it was cold we layered clothing or wrapped up in a blanket. We considered it to be part of the Alaska experience! The curve in the balcony does give you a slightly smaller balcony, but with just 2 of us in the cabin, it was a non-issue.

Glad to hear this!! It will be only two of us too! I will just put on more clothes and bundle up with a blanket!!

Glad to hear this!! It will be only two of us too! I will just put on more clothes and bundle up with a blanket!!

The weather changes so much on an Alaskan cruise. Fortunately for me, it's always been warm. There was very little wind factor with the aft facing bump out (last cabin of the first bump out).

We have been on the bump out 309 and loved it as well. It was big enough to enjoy the Ultimate Balcony Dinner with plenty of room to spare.Would take that cabin again if it was available.

Enjoy which everone you decide on.

We have been on the bump out 309 and loved it as well. It was big enough to enjoy the Ultimate Balcony Dinner with plenty of room to spare.Would take that cabin again if it was available.

Enjoy which everone you decide on.

We booked C310:)

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. You got me thinking and searching. I now am the proud "owner" of C309 Los Angeles/Alaska/Los Angeles in 2018.

After all of this, Princess cancelled the Coral Princess round trip from LA to Alaska. Cancelled, as in replaced her with the Star. This only makes me wonder what they are planning to do with the Coral. A very sad day.