Royal Caribbean Cruise June 2017 Leaving from Venice, Italy.. HELP!

sdietz

We will be going on a cruise with Royal Caribbean June 2017 that is leaving June 2017 from Venice, Italy. We are trying to plan out our before and after the cruise plans -- but most important the BEFORE cruise night. Neither of us have been to Venice before so we need help. We are searching for an affordable hotel NEAR the cruise port. If the hotel is not near or near but still need transportation, how do you recommend? We really want all the advice that we can get. Hotel names/ distance from port, transportation to the cruise.Let me know thoughts!

We stayed at Hotel Canal in 2015 on our Med cruise. Great hotel! Its an older hotel but very nicely decorated. Great service and great breakfast! It is 1.2 km from the port (about a 15 minute walk). You should know that the cruise terminal in venice is not the easiest to access on foot but it can be done! We did it, from this hotel. Here is a google map from the hotel to the port:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hotel+Canal/Venezia+Terminal+Passegeri%2FPorto/@45.4402226,12.3118855,1060m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xab3af1733942ffac!2m2!1d12.3212318!2d45.4392558!1m5!1m1!1s0x477eb1baf081a3c7:0x2c24abf074e0b38f!2m2!1d12.310075!2d45.43971!3e2

Good luck and enjoy! We love venice!

I can highly recommend hotel Fontana, 5 min easy walk to St. Marco.

It is on the Alilaguna Linea Blue, which starts at the airport and ends at the cruise terminal, and vice versa.

It has stops at San Zaccaria and San Marco, with Fontana being 3 min flat ground from stop to hotel, no bridges to cross.

It was very convenient to take this line from the airport to hotel, and, after 2 days, from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

Just Google it...

We stayed at Hotel Olimpia. As far as transportation convenience, it was really good. You can walk from the People Mover (monorail) to the hotel, or take a taxi from the cruise terminal almost directly to the hotel. This is the only area of Venice (Piazzale Roma) that is accessible by car. It is also next to a Vaporetto stop. We had no issues with the hotel itself which is typical European - small rooms, limited elevators, etc. It is owned by Best Western. Of course you sacrifice being further away from the main attractions, but walking or taking the Vaporetto is half the fun anyway.

We used VRBO (vacation rental by owner) before our med cruise a couple years ago. Rented a small apartment a couple blocks from the dock and shared it with friends. Other friends used airbnb and had a nice apartment as well within walking distance and both were very reasonably priced. Our ship departed at 11 pm so we flew in to Venice the day before, spent the night and then went to the dock early to check in and drop off bags and then went back out sight seeing! Enjoy your trip!!!

Try and get a hotel close to the Alilaguna line, which goes from the airport to the cruise terminal. It makes it so much easier when disembarking or boarding.

The only way to arrive in Venice is by boat!

We have stayed twice out on Murano which is on the Alilaguna route. Beautiful hotel called Le Gare MGallery. The Alilaguna red line goes direct to hotel door from the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are going in June on Celebrity Constellation. We booked the Crowne Plaza which has a cruise package including transportation from the airport and to the cruise port the next day. Reasonable prices. But not walkable to the sights in Venice.

Woah! Thank you! That map from the Hotel to the Cruise port was SO helpful. I have been trying to locate where the port directly is. Much appreciated!

We stayed at Hotel Canal in 2015 on our Med cruise. Great hotel! Its an older hotel but very nicely decorated. Great service and great breakfast! It is 1.2 km from the port (about a 15 minute walk). You should know that the cruise terminal in venice is not the easiest to access on foot but it can be done! We did it, from this hotel. Here is a google map from the hotel to the port:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hotel+Canal/Venezia+Terminal+Passegeri%2FPorto/@45.4402226,12.3118855,1060m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xab3af1733942ffac!2m2!1d12.3212318!2d45.4392558!1m5!1m1!1s0x477eb1baf081a3c7:0x2c24abf074e0b38f!2m2!1d12.310075!2d45.43971!3e2

Good luck and enjoy! We love venice!

Just to verify, the "Venezia Terminal Passegeri/Porto, 30100, Venice, Italy" is the only Cruise port there-- correct?

We are going in June on Celebrity Constellation. We booked the Crowne Plaza which has a cruise package including transportation from the airport and to the cruise port the next day. Reasonable prices. But not walkable to the sights in Venice.

Definitely stay in the area of the Piazzele Roma for maximum convenience in getting to the cruise port.

This is the one part of Venice proper that you can get to directly using a taxi or even a public bus. And, to get from there to the cruise terminal, there is a cheap, efficient peoplemover to take you directly there.

There are a few hotels right there...

The Ca Doge, for example, is located right on the Piazza, just steps from the Peoplemover.

http://www.cadoge.it/?lingua=5

The Santa Chiarra is another--just across the taxi/bus area...

http://www.hotelsantachiara.it/en

And the Olimpia is across just one small bridge.

http://www.hotel-olimpia.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwoLfHBRD_jLW93remyAQSJABIygGpLPWznePKCTkVBXFUYaHOQOiAVhDNpUUmtN7EVa3w1BoCNbXw_wcB

Once you are checked in to a hotel in this area and your luggage is nicely stored in your room, visiting the rest of Venice from there is easy--either on foot, or by using the great Vaporetti system. Vaporetti are public boat-buses that go all over Venice...and you will find a station right on the Grand Canal at the edge of Piazzele Roma near the Santa Chiarra...

Enjoy...

We will be going on a cruise with Royal Caribbean June 2017 that is leaving June 2017 from Venice, Italy. We are trying to plan out our before and after the cruise plans -- but most important the BEFORE cruise night. Neither of us have been to Venice before so we need help. We are searching for an affordable hotel NEAR the cruise port. If the hotel is not near or near but still need transportation, how do you recommend? We really want all the advice that we can get. Hotel names/ distance from port, transportation to the cruise.Let me know thoughts!

We've stayed at the Hotel Arlecchino. It's close to the People Mover and Piazzale Roma. We took the bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma then walked over 1 bridge to get to the hotel. From hotel we walked to the People Mover and then to cruise terminal.

http://www.hotelarlecchino.com/

Toms Port Guides is a great resource for many ports. His guides are written for cruisers and can be found here. You'll see maps and info on transport from airport-hotel-cruiseport.

http://www.tomsportguides.com/

Just to verify, the "Venezia Terminal Passegeri/Porto, 30100, Venice, Italy" is the only Cruise port there-- correct?

No, smaller ships like Azamara use the area just round the corner at Zattere, but RCI will be at the main one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've stayed at the Hotel Arlecchino. It's close to the People Mover and Piazzale Roma. We took the bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma then walked over 1 bridge to get to the hotel. From hotel we walked to the People Mover and then to cruise terminal.

http://www.hotelarlecchino.com/

Second the Hotel Arlecchino recommendation. I stayed there both before and after a cruise and while the rooms were typical European sized the service was top notch. It's easy to get to from the airport, easy to get to the cruise port and easy walking to pretty much anywhere in Venice.

Second the Hotel Arlecchino recommendation. I stayed there both before and after a cruise and while the rooms were typical European sized the service was top notch. It's easy to get to from the airport, easy to get to the cruise port and easy walking to pretty much anywhere in Venice.

We're also recommending the Hotel Arlecchino. Easy to get there from the airport; easy to get to the cruise ship. Enjoy your trip!

Hotel Carlton in Grand Canal served us well. We were able to pull out wheelie cases to the people mover easily enough. Left our luggage at a place just by the people mover on the day of disembarkation and did more exploring, all worked out very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the Westin Europa and Regina, amazing location, close to the Alilaguna line to take you to the cruise port, and close to everything else from dining to St Marks and other sites.

If this is your first time do it big and take a private taxi from the airport rather than the public transportation, it is an amazing first time experience.

We stayed at Hotel Olimpia. As far as transportation convenience, it was really good. You can walk from the People Mover (monorail) to the hotel, or take a taxi from the cruise terminal almost directly to the hotel. This is the only area of Venice (Piazzale Roma) that is accessible by car. It is also next to a Vaporetto stop. We had no issues with the hotel itself which is typical European - small rooms, limited elevators, etc. It is owned by Best Western. Of course you sacrifice being further away from the main attractions, but walking or taking the Vaporetto is half the fun anyway.

I second this recommendation. Small hotel but good location. Just make sure you know which direction you need to turn to get to your hotel after getting off the bus from the airport so you don't drag your luggage up and down as many stairs as I did. After walking .5 miles in the wrong direction, I realized my hotel was the other way - and actually very close to where I had gotten off the bus!

I took the people mover to the Port.

For touring - the day before I just bought a ticket on the Valporetto and rode it up and down the canal. The stops are close to the hotel.

Edited by LisaAtlCruiser
made a mistake