Might have to cancel one person

Silhouette2017

Hello everyone. On Sunday I am supposed to go on a cruise but my friend is suffering from tooth related issues and can perhaps not go. What's the best way to deal with Celebrity about this? DO I call to cancel his ticket? I understand that his fare will not be refunded, but I have read that I might be hit with a single supplement which mean I am effectively paying for 3 tickets. If this is the case - I am not goning on the cruise.

Thanks for all advise. Hope to enjoy Silhouette on Sunday!

Go on your cruise, I do not think you will be hit with any supplement as it has already been paid by your cabin mate. Hopefully they have a 3rd party travel insurance policy which may reimburse him for the missed cruise and you get to keep the cabin.

bon voyage

Hello everyone. On Sunday I am supposed to go on a cruise but my friend is suffering from tooth related issues and can perhaps not go. What's the best way to deal with Celebrity about this? DO I call to cancel his ticket? I understand that his fare will not be refunded, but I have read that I might be hit with a single supplement which mean I am effectively paying for 3 tickets. If this is the case - I am not goning on the cruise.

Thanks for all advise. Hope to enjoy Silhouette on Sunday![/quote

Check in alone....when questioned reply, "he/she missed flight will not be

attending this cruise"

They will reply, "Thank you for telling us. Have a nice cruise." And they will hand you your card. Enjoy!

We will also be on this cruise

Since the other person has already paid, there is no problem. You will not be charged a single supplement, just go, don't make any excuses, just tell them he's not coming for medical reasons. Don't tell him he missed the flight because then you may have to answer questions as to whether the other person is going to catch up to the cruise later. The cabin is paid for so you will have no further obligation and will have the cabin to yourself.

We had this happen with my wife's aunt who could not come on a cruise with us. My MIL, her sister had the cabin to herself.

I think the person missing is entitled to a refund of taxes and port fees (as well as anything pre-booked/paid for, i.e. excursions, specialty dining etc.). Therefore it may be prudent to call and cancel him (if it becomes certain he will miss) so he can at least recoup something. You would not be hit with the single supplement since his fare for the room would not be refunded this late.

I think the person missing is entitled to a refund of taxes and port fees (as well as anything pre-booked/paid for, i.e. excursions, specialty dining etc.). Therefore it may be prudent to call and cancel him (if it becomes certain he will miss) so he can at least recoup something. You would not be hit with the single supplement since his fare for the room would not be refunded this late.

You don't need to cancel ahead for these to be refunded. They will refund them also if you tell them he's a no show at check-in. This is based on recent experience (my husband got his vacations canceled 6 hrs prior to leaving for the airport, resulting in my first Solo Cruise). I just told them at check in he wasn't coming. They said that's ok, go to Guest Services to let them know. A cuople days after returning, I had the refund for his taxes, fees and dining all directly to the credit card)

Just tell them at check in, due to a medical reason, your friend can't sail. In a few days, they will refund the port fees and taxes. We had to do this last April when DS had a school conflict and couldn't go with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He should go anyway, make the best of it.:)

If you do a dummy booking for one person with the single supplement, the only difference between that and booking two people is the port charges. It appears that the taxes are included in the single supplement. That's all that will be refunded. Hopefully, the person with the tooth issues has travel insurance.

My excuses for not answering back in a timely fashion. An update: we are both safely in our hotel room in Fort Lauderdale; my friend got better and we are both ready for our cruise today! Your help really helped me through a difficult time, many thanks!

My excuses for not answering back in a timely fashion. An update: we are both safely in our hotel room in Fort Lauderdale; my friend got better and we are both ready for our cruise today! Your help really helped me through a difficult time, many thanks!

Happy to hear all is well. I've often wondered about this exact topic.

This is such good information. I appreciate all of your answers. I'm glad your friend recovered and was able to go on the cruise. We (my family) always worry about this type of thing because I have some health issues that could pop up at any moment and i would never want it to cause any greater expense to my family. We will use the advice you've all given, should the need arise. Hopefully we will never have to use it. LOL

Thanks for getting back to us, it's rare that people do that. Thank's again.

Similar thought. If one person is unable to go on the cruise for whatever reason, can another person take his/her place? Any extra charges or consequences? Hypothetical but assume there are several days to contact Celebrity to make the change.