Koningstam - Drink Receipts

canadarocks

I do the same thing...save all my receipts and then double check with our final statement.

I haven't cruised with HAL since 2012 so I'm not sure what the Navigator App is? Is that a way of tracking our accounts?

Some of those tablets have the ability to print receipts. We just had a guy from Comcast here to upgrade our service and he did everything including printing out our receipt from his tablet.

That would make it a lot easier for the servers on HAL if they had something like that.

Good information, Deb, but not my question. I don't care by what source they get the receipt, just that they have one to provide me if I request it. I don't want to send them running all over the place to return and bring one to me. Whether HAL will change their tablets, is not my issue., :) Their tech devices are what they are.

Thanks those who commented you got receipts. I always kept the receipts in an envelope. Neat and availaable to me if we wanted but I never did actually check them off against our final bill. However, I want to see a receipt at time odf purchase.

Mistakes are made and only way guest knows is if they have the receipt

As to apps.. I do not have , want or plan to ge a 'smart phone. I have almost no use for a cell phone and my flip phone serves me t fine, for what I want. All I need is a means to c all for help in an emergency away from my home..

It should not be my reesponsibility to provide for my myself how to get a paper reecipt on a ship. It is HAL's responsiility, to provide it, IMO

Edited by sail7seas

It's not an app that you install on your device, it is simply a home page on the ship's LAN. It offers a half dozen functions, one of which is checking your account. (One of the functions is connecting to paid internet, all others are free.) Not all ships have this yet. I don't know about the Eurodam, but my guess would be that it does have it.

Great thank you!

I'll report back when I review our cruise.

it is so important to get paper receipts - so you can take them back to your room and throw them out

Don't be snarky. Some of us use the receipts to make sure our onboard billing is accurate. I've been incorrectly charged before.

Without your signature on a duplicate receipt it becomes your word against their much weaker allegation...

Agreed ... but it takes a lot less time and effort to ask for a receipt than it does to stand in line at Guest Services and then to debate your point with a HAL employee. I go on cruises to relax and enjoy, not to argue with cruise line employees.

That is their problem, not mine. If there is a charge then I will ask for a receipt.

igraf

It's an option - we had stewards ask if we wanted one.

Since you can check your account via the intranet and TV on Kdam checking account is easy. A call still reverses a false charge - but the new system should actually decrease false charges since a stack of cards aren't being entered all together.

Some of us hold onto those receipts in case we want them later. I put ours in an envelope, . Takes a moment , Keeps them togethe r, and organized, no mess and I know where they are.

I agree with sail -- I want my receipt when I order a drink.

We have been charged other people's drinks a couple of times and had to have the concierges take care of things for us -- and I had our slips to prove what we had ordered.

Yup -- I keep them in an envelop as well.

And I check our shipboard account every couple of days.

As I like the Signature Beverage Package I was very pleased not to get all the receipts. Also as all of your drinks are not individually shown on my bill it was not as long as I would have received previously. When I scanned my bill this trip all that showed were the drinks I purchased for other people. I also found generally that the bar service was quicker as a result of the use of the tablets, the stewards could take more orders and then have the bar tenders prepare the drinks. I personally liked the fact that the Steward did not have to take my card away from the table and I did not have any errors to dispute at the end of the cruise. It is also now very easy to get a print out of your bill at any time on board and you do not have to stand in a long line to get them.

We travelled with our 14 year old daughter and this year she said she was happy not to have to sort out the large pile of receipts (which yes then we did throw them in the waste bin). It did help us see which Stewards were serving us most often, so one downside for us.