Dinning

george35

We will be the EQUINOX sailing April 24th, 2017. We will be ENJOYING our 60th Anniv. & I would like to take my wife to specialty resturant on our big day. Will you PLEASE reccomand which resturant, I am a meat lover & she likes sussie( cant spell ) but she can do without it ( so can I ) What has the best mood room so I can tell her I would do over again in a minute?

george35

The filet at Tuscan Grill is excellent. Tuscan is at the aft of the ship so nice views from the tables by the Windows if you go before sunset. When you book tell them it is your 60th anniversary and ask for a table by the window.

We will be the EQUINOX sailing April 24th, 2017. We will be ENJOYING our 60th Anniv. & I would like to take my wife to specialty resturant on our big day. Will you PLEASE reccomand which resturant, I am a meat lover & she likes sussie( cant spell ) but she can do without it ( so can I ) What has the best mood room so I can tell her I would do over again in a minute?

george35

Murano! It's a more upscale atmosphere IMHO. We find it the most special. The Tuscan is more like a better chain Italian/steakhouse. Qsine is funky nouvelle cuisine that is better if you are going with a larger group. It's food presentations are quirky. Murano is more French style/sophisticated. Quieter. Service in Murano is outstanding without being overbearing. The chateaubriand is outstanding as is the Lobster Murano. (Actually so is everything on their menu!) Happy Anniversary!

Murano! It's a more upscale atmosphere IMHO. We find it the most special. The Tuscan is more like a better chain Italian/steakhouse. Qsine is funky nouvelle cuisine that is better if you are going with a larger group. It's food presentations are quirky. Murano is more French style/sophisticated. Quieter. Service in Murano is outstanding without being overbearing. The chateaubriand is outstanding as is the Lobster Murano. (Actually so is everything on their menu!) Happy Anniversary!

Equinox doesn't have Qsine. IMHO Murano doesn't have the view of Tuscan and our experience in Murano (service) has been less than good.

Equinox doesn't have Qsine. IMHO Murano doesn't have the view of Tuscan and our experience in Murano (service) has been less than good.

Funny how different folks have totally different opinions. Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry are choices for a reason. We had 2 less than stellar experiences in Tuscan on Constellation and Eclipse, and we'll never go again. As for the view in Tuscan, unless you dine before dark or are in port the view is a moot point. We tend to dine late and cruise during winter months. Also, when we pay a premium for specialty dining, we tend to value the food and service and we have had much better of both in Murano. If we want a view, we can get it many places around the ship without the hefty extra fees (including our own verandah). Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Funny how different folks have totally different opinions. Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry are choices for a reason. We had 2 less than stellar experiences in Tuscan on Constellation and Eclipse, and we'll never go again. As for the view in Tuscan, unless you dine before dark or are in port the view is a moot point. We tend to dine late and cruise during winter months. Also, when we pay a premium for specialty dining, we tend to value the food and service and we have had much better of both in Murano. If we want a view, we can get it many places around the ship without the hefty extra fees (including our own verandah). Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I really take exception to the comments regarding views. There is nothing better than relaxing next to a window and watching the sea go by during a good meal. Either Murano or Tuscan will give you a nice atmosphere, good food, and a lovely atmosphere. Whatever you choose, when you make the reservation, tell the maitr'd its a very special anniversary and you want a table for two next to the window. And.... take your wife to Sushi on 5 for a lunch one time on board :)

Our experience in Murano was also poor. Service was cold, beef mediocre and fish was inedible due to excessive saltiness. MDR food and service were excellent at least 80 percent of the time.

If it's pitch black out, then a seat at the window isn't going to show you much unless the moon is bright or there are other ships nearby. Murano doesn't have expansive windows. In fact, there are only 3 or 4 tables at the one set of windows and those windows have curtains on them that block a lot of what view there could be. Tuscan Grille would have the better view if you were eating before sunset (or at lunch when it's offered).

I think it's a matter of personal preference with the menu. Tuscan is Italian Steakhouse and Murano is French Continental. You can find the menus online for both. Murano is what I would choose for a special night, personally. It's a much more intimate experience in a smaller room.

I agree that Murano would be my choice. On the Equinox 3 weeks ago, we ate at Tuscan, Murano and the Lawn Club Grill, and although all were great, Murano just seems extra special, being more formal and elegant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't remember a Lawn Grill on the Equinox and we've sailed her four times, including a TA. The glass show is on the Equinox. We haven't had the best of experiences at Tuscan--food ok but not worth the up charge. Would only go again with a big discount. Have enjoyed Murano--service, food and ambience. We were delightedly surprised by the Asian restaurant, Silk Harvest. Service was slow, the sommelier unhelpful, but the good was excellent.

I agree that Murano would be my choice. On the Equinox 3 weeks ago, we ate at Tuscan, Murano and the Lawn Club Grill, and although all were great, Murano just seems extra special, being more formal and elegant.

I would have to totally disagree. We have tried Murano a few times,and have Always been disappointed. Service was as good as any venue, but the food was less than desirable. My wife does not eat beef or fish, and they refused to provide her with any alternative choices. She had even on one occasion asked them to grab some "airline chicken" next door @ BLU , and was told no. The wine selection was limited as well. We by far prefer Tuscan Grill for food and wine selection. But then again being Italian my option may be a little biased.

Enjoy your anniversary wherever you chose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We spent 14 nights on the Equinox in September and dined at each specialty restaurant more than once. Personally we liked all of them and were satisfied with the food and the service.:)

As you can see from the responses everyone has different opinions.

Murano is your best choice, superb service with exceptional food.

If it is a special occasion see the Maitre d' at least 24 hours before and they will prepare what ever for want within reason. We have had Steak Diane, Prawn Thermidor, Steak Chasseur and Brick Chicken all of which are not on the menu. We have eaten in the specialty restaurants more than the MDR and Murano is the stand out restaurant on all the S class ships - Tuscan Grille comes a distant second as it has little character and atmosphere.

I have only been on Silouette and Solstice but on 5 cruises.

Murano hands down . Murano offers a lunch ($30) but not every day to see if you like it. Murano is usually not crowded day or night.

Another vote for Murano. We love both Tuscan and Murano, but our experience has been Murano hands down for a special celebration. Our room steward (we were in AQ) had obviously picked up that it was my husbands birthday from the cards on the dresser. Hadn't said anything when booking Murano, but they really pulled the stops out, with specially made desserts for him to try and a beautiful birthday cake. Not quite the same attention on a similar occasion in Tuscan, although the food was excellent as we have always found.

Thanks to all who responded to my question about our 60th anniv. on where to dine. It looks like a toss-up so what I will do is go to each resturant & ask if I can the see there menu & go from there. THANKS AGAIN.

george35

I don't remember a Lawn Grill on the Equinox and we've sailed her four times, including a TA.

Oops - you're right - it was the Silhouette. We've done too many cruises this year and I can't keep the ships straight.

Congratulations on your anniversary. I loved your last comment in your opening post. So very sweet.

We have dined in both Murano and Tuscan Grille several times and enjoyed both. Below is a link with menus for you to peruse before you go. Have a great cruise and a wonderful time together.

http://www.thepreismans.com/silhouette_ta_16_menus.htm

Thanks to all who responded to my question about our 60th anniv. on where to dine. It looks like a toss-up so what I will do is go to each resturant & ask if I can the see there menu & go from there. THANKS AGAIN.

george35

Just switch on your stateroom TV, the menus are displayed for all the specialty restaurants.